Is 2,5 million enough to retire at 27?

Is 2,5 million enough to retire at 27?

Other urls found in this thread:

MyMonthlyWork.com/?taskid=5901
youtube.com/watch?v=xdfeXqHFmPI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If you're smart with it. Sure

Absolutely not. You would have to live like a literal hobo to survive.

-30% for taxes so no

Yes.

This.

You're an idiot.

t. Banker

2,5 million of what?

Assumed USD in my reply above...sorry if you mean some kind of shitcoin.

depends on if its taxed or not

if it is and you have 2.5 million, then you can easily retire, but you still need to save on everything

5 million $ is the minimum for me tbqh, you dont have to work, you can live like you want, sure you cant go around buying lambos all day, but i dont need that

the world economies are at all time highs, soon they will have a violent correction. i'd stay out of usd for a while m8

Of course, but it's really more dependent on your annual cost of living rather than a flat sum.

I mean, a 1% move on a stack that big is 25k, which for me easily covers my living costs per year, and if I was retired, I'd have another source of income besides assets (some type of bullshit hobby part-time work). .

There are countries where u can live like a king

MyMonthlyWork.com/?taskid=5901

NO spam pls go

don't fucking do this. my grand parents came to a third world shithole, now every generation is condemned to a third world shithole passport.

or if you do, don't fucking reproduce. your children will resent you forever.

most retarded thing ive read all day

It's close. But I think takes the cake

I'll never understand people who answer 'no' to this. You're either financially illiterate (of very basic knowledge), or you live an overly exuberant life.

>hobo
You can self-sufficient homestead with 25K and some building materials assuming you find cheap land in the right place

But I suppose anything less than a gaggle of maid whores giving you manicures and sucking your cock is living like a hobo.

Your opulence will make you weak.

Of course.
youtube.com/watch?v=xdfeXqHFmPI

yes 2.5 million bitbeans is enought to retire

Yes. Easily.

How the fuck have you missed the moon threads?

Of course.

Don't be a dumbass and have the lump sum sitting in your account. Take out half to live on, and continue to re-invest the other half. You'll have an endless supply of money.

Disrespectful faggot

if u made 2.5 by 27 surely you can ambition for much greater things.

go fuck yourself. i would rather have never been born than living the misery i have to deal with everyday.

>>>what is dual citizenship

he is fucking right, im from fucking venezuela and i feel what he is saying.

That produces an annual income at twice the median household income at a 4% withdrawal rate. What the fuck do you think idiot?

wtf is this "no 2.5million is not enough to live 50 years"?

>move to thailand
>move to croatia
>hell move anywhere except the top 50 most expensive place in the world

Retirement is a meme.

Never stop generating wealth.

Have children and expand your franchise.

Buy 10 triplex houses and rent them out, get a good property manager and you can make an easy $2k a month from each of them, that's $20k a month for the rest of your life

yeah. you don't have to all of a sudden stop generating income, though. now that you have capital you can take all sorts of risks, and increase your wealth.

Expanding wealth is a meme. Have enough money to spend your days doing only the things you want to do. Once you have control of your time, you've won the rat-race.

Of course, if generating more wealth is something that you want to do, of course. But I never saw it as the end goal. You want money to reach your goal.

this
Fuck running around pleasing clients or dealing with bullshit
The dream is 4M flat, generating 160k yearly. After that no memes, no bullshit, just perpetual upper middle class lifestyle.

This 100%

There is a difference between being a wacecuck and not retiring and a neet who is retired who makes money off his hobbies.

I roll my eyes at everyone yacking about their lambos they want to buy when they're rich, my idea of success is saying fuck you to the boss and spending my days reading and painting the rest of my life

>tfw this will never happen
>doomed to be a wagecuck till 63 unless social security and 401ks hit rock fucking bottom

Hold me, bruhs

All I want to do is be one of the people that takes breathtaking shots around the world.

Not just huge landscapes, but that grassy hill with a hut at the top. A rainy stone cobbled street. A lonely pier with a boat about to depart into a foggy lake.

I would enjoy going around, blending into the crowds with camera and journal in hand, wherever I felt like.

Maybe I would even write a book about my travels when I got tired with the lifestyle.

you can play blackjack everyday and win $100 and stop for the day. the rest can gain interests in banks.
you can have hookers, start a drug habit, and still eat like a king in an apartment. since im sure most of your hobbies are electronic based, you wont need to spend much on entertainment after you get your balls drained and your stomach full and your brain a rest, since you got the internet and pc emulation.

shit you could even have a decent wage job being a bartender at a strip club and mingle with the dancers and party like a rockstar, no wait....like a stock broker, with all the stripper connections and shit. all you need is a handful of friends.

It just depends on your lifestyle and hobbies. Most people, even college educated in USA, won't make 2,500,000 in their entire life.

you would be a millionaire in my country.come to my country and invest with me

Yes, use it to buy a homestead in some flyover state and make money through mining cryptos by solar panels

Invest it all in bitcoin and ethereum mining and you can live off profits forever

You could withdraw only 2% of it a year and have $50k to live off of. Most years you would end up making money if you had it in any kind of investment vehicle.

Unless you're a big consumer, I honestly can't see how that wouldn't be enough to live off of.

If you invested that and got a 5% annual return, you'd be able to live on 125K a year. And still have that 2.5 million in case of emergencies. Also you'll have to pay less taxes since it would be considered capital gains and not income. is deceptively right. If you just spent the money to subsidize not working, you'd find yourself living on 50K a year for 50 years, plus whatever heavy expenses may occur. You wouldn't live like a hobo, but it'd be a pretty shitty life. Although I'm not counting inflation which would probably eat at your money faster than your spending.

If you have that money, I suggest putting it into multiple investments and aim for that safe 5% return. Then use that to live the NEET life, and maybe consider some kind of further employment/business just because it would be easy to go from very comfortable to wealthy, once you're at that stage where if you wanted to, you could never work another day in your life.

>$50k a year with no need to save any of it is a "pretty shitty life"
Jesus the delusion.

2.5mill in 30 year t-bonds, at 4.25%, will give you 106,250 a year. That's more than enough.

I could easily live off 1.

Is literally enough to travel the world indefinitely if you wanted to, might not be your goal but I know it is the goal of many..The amount of experiences you'd gain...Pretty sure it'd be better than being a wageslave by far

kudos for making 2,5 mil while at the same time not being able to figure out whether or not you can live off of it for the rest of your life, kek

Invest in real estate, rent it out
Invest some in crypto and watch the money flow in the coming years (don't take this as a sure thing, but I do believe in a bright future for crypto)
Deposit some into a bank and collect interest rates (banks might be risky 10 years down the line tho, and they're far from the best ROI option atm as well, but, diversify, diversify, diversify).

Do all this in a wealthy country.

Move to a cheaper, but not quite shit-level tier country.

Don't visit lamboland.

Live like king

PS: I wouldn't listen to the; take 2% each year and enjoy. Sure, you can take out 50 grand a year and live a very comfy life in most places (for example, avg. salary in a lot of EU countries is like 13-20K EUR a year after taxes after taxes and these places aren't necessarily 3rd world shit holes), but there is a thing called inflation and 50 grand might not buy you squat in 30 years time. Plus, you need something to occupy yourself with (and I don't mean just travelling and sipping margaritas by the pool), or you'll grow fuckin' insane.

GL MR. MILLIONS

>not trading crypto for physical cash
who /crypto dealer/ here?

today probably not unless you can get bank to give you enough percentage on it to live comfortable month to month

>but there is a thing called inflation and 50 grand might not buy you squat in 30 years time
Which is why you invest the rest of it...

Well, my point exactly; I missed the part of your post talking about investing the rest. I apologize user.

I just recently wrote a simple calculator to solve problems like this. With 2% real returns per year (remember there is inflation) you would be able to spend:

Approximately $75,000 per year for approximately 65 years.

So that's pretty good for never having to work, and you will very likely die before you run out.

whoops, meant to be $70,000

solid. If you want to be a degenerate singlefag then yes you can live a very kingly lifestyle on this wage, even in western cities.

If you want to live a decent life with a family, you could survive in suburban america on this wage. You should work some small parttime job on the side just for insurance, but yeah, its 100% doable.

If you want to start a family in some 3rd world shithole like Mexico or the philippines, then yes, could live a high class lifestyle, have a family, and survive for many years on this amount of money.

Anyhow, its all up to your preference OP

I want millions just to get my pilots license and buy myself a old and disarmed fighter jet.

Fuck Lambos, the sky is the limit.

Yes it is enough
use a TIPS ladder, there's no reason for you to invest in anything riskier

unless you're fucking retarded enough to have a (((housewife))) then it is a dual income and very clearly upper middle class

$2.5 million is enough to be set for life anywhere

op should get married, buy a boat and have kids

shut up and get back to wagecucking

Where do you live and what are your monthly expenses?

A 30-year TIPS bond from the US Government pays about 1% right now. So presumably, if you could live on 25,000 a year, you could make 2.5 million work.

Alternatively, you can make some smart decisions with that money, continue to work, and exit the workforce at 40 with a staggering amount of money.

All depends on where you live OP, if your cost of living is high, probaly not.

>Wanting to live in the West

You faggots should listen to /pol/ more. Western Europe is fucked in 20 years max.

All depend of how you want to live.
I'm frugal so I wouldn't have problem living with that.

Step up the crypto trading game, add me on Skype: CryptoAnna

>mfw this is literally me
Stop making me dream user

If I had 2.5 million, I could retire, but I dont have stupid debt and dont live beyond my means. You can live out your days on 2.5 million as long as you live on the earnings and not the principal.

8% of 2.5 million is 200,000 a year. I can live on 200,000 a year before tax

5% on 2.5 million is 125,000.