Whats the most shocking contemporary historical discovery?

Whats the most shocking contemporary historical discovery?

Other urls found in this thread:

cnn.com/2016/05/05/africa/sunken-cities-exhibition-egypt-greece-london/
sciencemag.org/news/2016/03/slaughter-bridge-uncovering-colossal-bronze-age-battle
youtube.com/watch?v=BT2hSZV4tNc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infanticide#Greece_and_Rome
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Idk but im curious about your pic
What is it?

Pompeii. An entire city preserved for 2000 years, granting untold information about the glory Roman Empire, containing tons and tons of dicks, lewd images, eroge, shitposting etc

Gobekli Tepe

Was a weird experience going to Pompeii.

It was a lot more green than I expected, though it makes sense. But I was imagining something dusty and sandy, but instead it was overgrown in a lot of parts. Looking at all the preserved paintings and shit was intriguing too.

Just weird to think that overnight an entire town was simply buried underneath ash. I wonder how people in other towns would have heard about it at the time? Such a bizarre event.

And why is it shocking?

It's not.

It was a pretty big deal. An entire port city just gets destroyed in an act of divine retribution, Nero ordered relief funds and offerings to Vulcan, and Pliny the Younger wrote quite a bit on it

>But I was imagining something dusty and sandy, but instead it was overgrown in a lot of parts

Volcanic ash makes excellent topsoil.

> that magic was real

That sunken city in the Mediterranean off the delta coast. They've found tons of statues, pottery, slabs, etc.

Article if interested:
cnn.com/2016/05/05/africa/sunken-cities-exhibition-egypt-greece-london/

The Holocaust, in fact, never having happened.

In all seriousness, the extent to which the Indo-Europeans had spread throughout the Middle-East and Central Asia is pretty interesting to me.

There are actually some very important ships we found in recent years. Queen Anne's Revenge, Terra Nova and fucking Erebus and Terror within two years of each other.

Fucking mexican warlocks. I swear, they're the worst ones.

>The largest item on display is a statue of Hapy, ironically the god of flooding.

Just look at that smirk on his face. He knows what he did.

I'd say Cahokia, but I'm just biased because I live an hour away.

North American Injuns were known to be savages, but here you had a city that housed tens of thousands of people.

Herxheim

1000 butchered and cannibalized in a single tiny village
just what in the fuck

okay lads good joke

A randomized motivational poster generator predicted the rise of the Kult of Kek and their installation of Trump on the throne.

>muh matriachial peaceful bronzeage hippieurope

sciencemag.org/news/2016/03/slaughter-bridge-uncovering-colossal-bronze-age-battle

Not really shocking, but since the 16th century historians all thought that the story Romans told of Carthaginians sacrificing children was just libel with the Romans just trying to make their enemy seem really evil. Then only a couple of years ago a bunch of children and baby bones were discovered in a secret chamber of temple ruins in Carthage.

It's not even Gobekli Tepe. Looks like some Indian temple.

it must have been awesome to discover Macchu Picchu or some maya city

""""""""""""""""""""warlock""""""""""""""""""""

Smug bastard

>romans couldn't have planted the evidence

*X-files theme*

It was the neolithic that was matriarchal and peaceful, the bronze age was when the warlike patriarchal Kurgan people invaded

ur a special kind of stupid, aren't you

this
and pompeii

youtube.com/watch?v=BT2hSZV4tNc

>Romans hate Carthage so much they kill babies and seal them in a secret room so more than 2000 years later their propaganda would be vindicated.

ok son

I'm almost positive this is Vijayanagara in India. That's a striding Hanuman.

Romans killed tons of babies. Not Roman ones. But still babies.

They killed tons of Roman babies too

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infanticide#Greece_and_Rome

Near east farmers eating tons of hunter-gatherers from the mountains. Like wtf how does that even happen.

This is an ancient depiction of tentacle rape fetish
Her panties are dropped
The tentacle is coming from behind
She is holding her shopping In Her hand

>there is nothing new under the Sun

We call it abortion now.

ur a special kind of reddit huh

Red deer cave people.

Neat.

>contemporary historical discovery
>posts something discovered 400 years ago

Germans skywalker coming though.