Why is literally EVERY Muslim named Mohammad or some variation of it? I don't think I've ever met an Indian named Rama...

Why is literally EVERY Muslim named Mohammad or some variation of it? I don't think I've ever met an Indian named Rama, or a non-Mexican named Jesus. What's the difference in their culture where they feel no obligation to at least try and think about what they want to call their child?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_naming_customs#Ceuta_and_Melilla
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's common practice to name at least one child, usually the first born, after Mohammad to show one's piety and to honor the prophet.

>feel no obligation to at least try and think about what they want to call their child?
What? They obviously do it to honor Mohammad. And every culture has a common name, literally how the phrase "GI Joe" came about. Are you going to pick out a name book and try to find the most obscure thing in it to name your kid, or are you going to go for something that is accepted in your culture?

Cmon dude, this is the stupidest anti-islam thread ive ever seen.

only maghrebs/arabs/turks do that iirc

Jesus is a common name, also Joshua

>And every culture has a common name, literally how the phrase "GI Joe" came about.
I've met more Mohammads-per-Middle-Easterner than I've met Joes-per-white person. In the ballpark of maybe 50 Joes out of the hundreds or thousands of white people I've known and about 40 Mohammads of the maybe hundred or two hundred people from the ME I've met. I'm asking because the ratio seems so absurdly skewed to me.

I did not know this, that's neat.

Bullshit. Joshua, yes, but I've met maybe two Jesuses. I'd argue Joshua doesn't count since almost nobody I know knows the etymology of the name.

For the same reason christians have hebrew names

Dude, more than half of the English names are straight out of the Bible or derived from it.

>Dude, more than half of the English names are straight out of the Bible or derived from it.
Sure but they're not all derived from a single guy.

>my personal experience is objective fact

>Jesus is common
Only in spic countries

he's their paragon and islam is rather unitary and has no other figures in their ensemble to provide from. Muslims often resort to refering to each by their middle names as mohamed becomes unclear when it is so shared.

>my personal experience is objective fact
Nigger my personal experience is why I made the thread. I'm curious.

that´s like 560 million people and growing, so no shortage of Jesus

Well we just gave you an array of reasons of why it is common, what more can we provide?

what the fuck is the point of naming someone if they all have the same name?

Your thread is bad and you should feel bad.

it's pretty fucking cool honestly

if i was mohammed (wink) i'd be p. chuffed

DICKS EVERYWHERE

t. Mohamed Ahmed bin Mehmed al Jafari al Quaeda

dude what no

i mean that i fit all historical descriptions of the prophet

There are plenty of Arabic/Muslim given names. In the past most people got themselves a nickname so it didn't matter if you had multiple Muhammads or whatever.

thus it is not unusual to encounter a man named Mohamed Mohamed Mohamed: the first occurrence is the given name, the second occurrence is the paternal surname, and the third occurrence is the maternal surname.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_naming_customs#Ceuta_and_Melilla

Muhammad means roughly "The Most Praised One."
By so many people being named Muhammad Muslims believe this fulfills his namesake.
This is also why Muslims always offer peace and blessing upon the Prophet Muhammad, and offer peace, at the very least, upon all other prophets of Islam.
Also
Yusuf= Joseph
Isa= Jesus
Ibrahim= Abraham
Maryam= Mary
Zakariya= Zachariah
etc..
Most have the same names as many westerners just spelled different so non Muslims don't recognize them.

To add to this, Muhammad is probably the most praised man in all of history. Muslims praise him multiple times in prayer five times a day, and every reference to him they offer peace and blessing upon him, which could happen hundreds of times a day. They also offer special prayers where they repetitively offer peace and blessing upon him hundreds or even thousands of time. Its pretty ridiculous when you think about it.

Shit like that was why I made the thread. That's really interesting to know.

>Why is literally EVERY Muslim named Mohammad or some variation of it?
Not true, people naming their kids with Jesus or Moses (arabic or persian or whatever language variation) are also common.

Moreover some, esspecially non arabs name their kids just because the word is in quran.

for example if quran says something like `beware of the liars` etc, you have retarded muslims who name their daughter 'liar', becuse they don't know arabic.

>non arabs name their kids just because the word is in quran
dfw I fit this description. Last name is "Ahsan" albeit not as bad since it means "perfection" but its a random ass word in Arabic not meant to be a name. probably sounds trashy and retarded as hell to native speakers.

>never met an Indian named Rama

Ram, Krishna, Sri, Lakshmi, and a fuckton of other names are all both common names and gods

>der why do muslims name themselves mohammad?
>*near entirety of christian world names themselves after catholic sains*

Shias never name their son that. It's mostly Ali, abbas, Hassan, Hussain, Zain etc

only spain people call their children Jesus

>Are you going to pick out a name book and try to find the most obscure thing in it to name your kid
That's actually a thing in some countries. There's a board in my country that manages names by legalizing their use. In the 60s they used to send suggestions of particularly rare and nationalistic names to future parents.

actually, the most popular names seem to be saints.

and you have dozens of them that are popular.

Lots of people are named after the 12 disciples. It has the same sort of reverence attached, christians just have more to pick from.