How will history remember this man? A hero that brought economic prosperity to his nation...

How will history remember this man? A hero that brought economic prosperity to his nation, but was unfortunately demonized by Europe and America or just some evil dictator

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_War
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1986_Berlin_discotheque_bombing
telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/terrorism-in-the-uk/10688412/Lockerbie-bombing-CIA-believes-to-a-man-that-Iran-carried-out-attack-on-Pan-Am-Flight-103-says-former-agent.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

F

Gaddafi a best dictator

Considering what's happening to Europe, he was a hero and right in the long run. America should've never gone after him

Fought valliantly to stop Europe getting BLACKED, helped the brave freedom fighters in Ireland, and now the CIA say he wasn't involved in the terrorism they accused him of in the 80s.

F

Sodomized by an AK.

As Americas red herring

A man who could have been as great as Nasser but blew it with his vanity and hunger for power.

He had access to wealth beyond imagine yet still got beaten by niggers in toyotoas when he tried to invade chad and left a hugely divided shit hole . Not to mention all his support for international terrorism

Just another in a long line of failed oil despots who could have done briillant things

depends where you get your history

>textbook ends with WWII and not much else after that
t. American education

This is unfortunately true.

Of all the dictators he seemed like the least shit one.

for west media, an evil

for me, a saddam, prevent stupidity of his own people with his stupidity

What exachly did he do that was bad? Listened to afew of his speeches and interviews. He has a Surprisingly quick wit. Seems alot of people think he got fucked by USA when he started to try to back his currency with gold, much like how sadam tried to exange his oil for the euro rather than the American dollar. I could be very wrong about all of this

> He has a Surprisingly quick wit
Read his green book, especially the parts where he talks about the science of menstration.

>What exachly did he do that was bad?
Well aside from the usual persecution, torture and spying

-Wasted oil revenue in the typical arab fashion keeping his countries wealth tied to one industry alone and making it vulnerable to oil fluctuation as well as employment issues.
-Funded numerous terrorists - including the lockerby bombing which killed almost 250 people in the UK
-Played the classic divide and rule game against all the various tribes in the area, whilst it kept him in power it wrecked national unity and character ensuring a shit show as soon as he could no longer keep control.
-Preached pan Africanism only to invade Chad to secure territory (and loosing despite the enormous advantage in equipment, money and manpower- think 3:1)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_War

>-Funded numerous terrorists - including the lockerby bombing which killed almost 250 people in the UK
untrue

>untrue
Everyone from the IRA to the PLO received money and guns from Gaddafi he was prolific when it came to this

As the Robert Baratheon of international politics

He even bombed nightclubs before it was cool

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1986_Berlin_discotheque_bombing

But he wasn't connected to Lockerbie.

The CIA admits those accusations were false.

You can easily google this, it's been openly admitted since at least 2014.

>But he wasn't connected to Lockerbie.
Not personally, but the most likley groups outside of his own government were those directly funded by him

>The CIA admits those accusations were false.
Souce?

A complicated figure. Both an evil dictator and a man capable of controlling dangerous enemies, building a modern economy, and helping his people every now and again.

Excuse me, real leader coming through

Here's a start, I can't find the exact source as I don't bookmark every news article I read.
It was something from the Italian and German secret services IIRC.

telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/terrorism-in-the-uk/10688412/Lockerbie-bombing-CIA-believes-to-a-man-that-Iran-carried-out-attack-on-Pan-Am-Flight-103-says-former-agent.html

>It was something from the Italian and German secret services IIRC.

I recall the sources for that being rather dubious.

>telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/terrorism-in-the-uk/10688412/Lockerbie-bombing-CIA-believes-to-a-man-that-Iran-carried-out-attack-on-Pan-Am-Flight-103-says-former-agent.html

I was refering to the PLO when talking about the direct funding.