LTC is a sleeping giant

I have had some questions about LTC along the lines of now that BTC is in the midst of massive growth due to in part the agreement that Bitcoin will now get Segwit, will Litecoin go up or down? Of course, it will do both, but overall I will say it goes up and that the Mother of all Moons is approaching.

Micro gets reflected in the Macro. LTC is the micro to BTC's macro. Both branding and code reflects this connection. Younger to Older brother. Silver to the Gold. BTC now agreeing to get Segwit adds only weight to this connection. The primary difference in the latter is that Litecoin has stepped out of the shadow of bigger brother and brought significant change before Bitcoin.

Many critics say Litecoin is merely only a testnet to Bitcoin. There is some truth to this as it shares similar code. However even if Litecoin's only role were a testnet it would be a testnet to what is potentially a trillion dollar market. Therefor if you think Bitcoin will grow, it's fairly safe to assume Litecoin will follow suit. Is bitcoin growing? You tell me.

Finally, the micro / macro connection LTC and BTC share. There has been an agreement of sorts for Bitcoin to get Segwit. But will it be smooth sailing? Was it smooth sailing for LTC? Arguably many involved in the rocky road to SW activation on LTC took advantage of the sentiment as pools were activated and deactivated, and tests were tried, and doubts arose. Theories of market manipulation etc etc. We saw massive swings on the path to SW for Litecoin. The same will be true for BTC. As these massive swings come for Bitcoin we can expect massive rallies for the Lite. However unlike Litecoin, Bitcoin has many times more invested. If there is the hint of manipulation I think we can expect to see not just outcries on twitter as holders cry fowl, but we can expect all out investigations by the law at large. All of which can have devastating affect on BTC price.

Other urls found in this thread:

coinpayments.net
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm probably gonna pick up some litecoin. Just used it earlier to buy something with Crypto and it confirmed really quick

So...buy eth?

Where are you using ltc to buy stuff with?

ETH went from 9 to 220 dollar in a matter of time, only a fool would buy eth now. If you don't have ETH, don't buy it because it WILL collapse. When? I don't know.

reddit gold accepts ltc

coinpayments.net
Anywhere BTC is accepted will soon start taking other cryptos. Ofc companies will probably cash it right away

how high do you guys think LTC will go?

>how high do you guys think LTC will go?
$200 by the end of 2017
$1000 by the end of 2018

but what about in BTC?
I just want to get rid of my LTC when it has a good parity with BTC. I got 21 LTC, I want to put a high sell order and forget about it until it happens.

I think 1 BTC for my 21 LTC would be fine.

>but what about in BTC?

this is tricky. the success of LTC depends on BTCs inability to adapt SEGWIT and faster transactions (which I'm betting on).

I'm hodling for at least another year.

>claims made without evidence can be refuted without evidence

You're wrong, ETH won't collapse.

>If you don't have ETH, don't buy it because it WILL collapse.
and why exactly would that be?

so you mean that if BTC's segwit thing fails, my LTC will be worth more?
As in, it's a good idea to diversify?
dammit.

I've been posting my google sheet a lot, but anyways, this is how I diversify (mostly my old coins from 4 years ago)
But I don't have much faith in monacoin for example, so I want to get rid of it in exchange to BTC. And maybe I should have sold RDD
I'm also trying to sell some DOGE but only at high prices

What's the best way to transfer ETH > BTC? Exodus's rates are terrible.

>so you mean that if BTC's segwit thing fails, my LTC will be worth more?

in a nutshell, yes. BTC has scaling/performance (slow transactions) and trust (SEGWIT) issues right now. LTC already solved this and offers a clear value proposition.

also, from a market psychology perspective, LTC is a good investment, because going from $30 to $300 is a lot more realistic than going from $3.000 to $30.000 to get your 10x return.

How many gb do all those wallets take up on your hd?

You can sell ETH for BTC at any exchange
I like poloniex, but there are hundreds

my whole %appdata% folder is 75.6 GB
Mostly because BTC wallet accepts the "prune" command in the config file. But DOGE doesn't work well with it for some reason (wallet won't load if I use the prune command)
The other wallets are much smaller though, and some are not completely synced yet.

I guess I will keep my altcoins for another 5 years then.
Even Monacoin, lol.
And who knows, maybe my animecoins will be worth something later too

Cryptocurrencies are here to stay. The coins that offer a clear and distinct value proposition and in addition have a good development team behind them will be worth A LOT more in 5 years than now.

yeah but I mean
fucking Monacoin??
I was so surprised to see that I still had Monacoin, that the wallet is still updated, and that my coins are worth $300
I mean, it's in bittrex FFS

and potcoin! I mined those kind of as a joke

>I guess I will keep my altcoins for another 5 years then.

But that would be fucking retarded. 90% of all alt-coins are a scam without a business case. They're just riding the hype-wave. Compare this to 90% of the dotcom companies back in '99 and you know where they're headed.

The crypto market bubble will happen (or is already happening if you look at the valuations of shitcoins) and when (not if) it bursts, all idiots stupid enough to put money into doge/mona/redd/moon/...-coin will be in for a nice surprise, just as the retards back in '99.

Anyhow, I'm betting on BTC, ETH and LTC. XRP could happen, too, depending on the banks actually using XRP and not just ripple.

CHINA IS STRONG
I AM BIG

You genius. So tell us, what are the 10% coins that are not scam?

What about ETC? Cryptoyoda thinks it'll replace ETH