Post your local landmark

Mine is the Old Royal Naval College in Greenwich, London.

El Escorial, Comunidad de Mdrid.Built in memory of the Battle of Saint Quentin, where crushed the french

The assorted colleges of Oxford University, though the remains of Wallingford Castle are pretty damn cool. It just dawned on me how odd it must seem to Americans that I spent a lot of time as a teenager messing around with my mates in the remains of an honest to god castle.

>Bottom's up!

Literally just this medieval church

>implying you want to see yet another picture of the Eiffel tower

>I spent a lot of time as a teenager messing around with my mates in the remains of an honest to god castle
sounds pretty damn cool

never really got the appeal of the Eiffel Tower. France has MANY more castles and citadels that far out shine an ugly big piece of iron (or whatever metal it's made of). Carcasonne, Qeribus, etc. All of them gorgeous.

The Loire Valley as a whole is the most beautiful thing in France. I went around it in the summer and it has some of the most stunning scenery and architecture in the world.

>proof
Château de Chenonceau

Hint: I am in the US in a rural area.

Mine is pic related, funnily I actual live within a grander monument, the broken column was erected in memoriam of the War of the Roses.

It's not like you country has any spectacular historical landmarks anywhere though, so don't feel bad.

That giant cock sticking out of the ground in Washington DC is the most famous historical landmark, right?

We've got some decent landmarks, I just live in the middle of nowhere.
Besides, OP didn't specify if it had to be manmade or natural.

>'''''''decent''''''

It's literally just some faces carved into rock, a complete meme tier cultural landmark

The Imperial Museum of Brazil

Fuck off. I'm sick of threads that just degenerate into continentals shitting on each other and/or Anglos.

What's in it?

What a lovely church :^)

>I don't like this landmark so I am just going to call it meme tier

The International Criminal Court. Right around the corner from my home.

The Wright Patterson air force base is near my house. It's where the Dayton Accords were signed, which ended the Bosnian war.

National WWI museum/monument.

Neat

The Imperial regalia, throne and crown jewels, the personal belongings of the Imperial family and various other important personages of the Empire. It was Pedro's summer palace, and is mostly kept as such, with most of the original furniture, all arranged as it was in his time. Paintings, both from that time as well as some more modern pieces depicting life and landscape of 1800s Brazil.

Pic is the throne.

Is that period remembered fondly in Brazil?

A bubble with rockets inside it.

CHOM

I live in Australia. We just have lots of ugly 70s housing. Some nice natural landmarks, but nothing man made except the Sydney Opera house, and I'm not from Sydney.

It's very moist in there

>Born and raised in suburb of Minneapolis
>Little here is more than 30 years old
>Everything is commercial and modern
>Grew up wealthy, got to go on many vacations
>Most were to places just plastic and devoid of history and significance, but had nice beaches so my parents could soak beer and sunlight

Thank you for allowing me to finally post this obscure feel

Short answer, yes

7 story church tower

I am a little ashamed to reminisce about throwing a bag of snack a jack's at my friend's heads off of half a ruined battlement.

I am simultaneously feeling jealous, nostalgic and amused

the people that made that castle are long dead, and the elements do more damage than your buffoonery

>Forgetting the Museum

It's the best part.

Rainier is pretty much the closest thing of any importance to where I'm at. Used to get to see it out of my bedroom window.