Was it true that the more civil people the softer they are?

Was it true that the more civil people the softer they are?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Not_even_wrong
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

yes

It's a lot harder to get out of bed in the morning when you're wearing silk pajamas.

I think it depends and that the pic is a big generalization.

It has to do with incentive. If you've got everything you want there's little incentive to get more, and if you're lacking the incentive gets bigger. This arguably applies to most people, but there will be people living in good times that are ambitious and that will want to get more(strong men) the same way some people will be scared and choose to suffer rather than to risk(weak men).

It's a good rule of thumb

Does this mean we are all weak?

No. I am far from being a civil person, but I avoid most conflict with people, especially violent. In general though, maybe.

It's happening.

>inba Rapefugee welcome

THAT SECOND AND FOURTH PAINTING ARE NOT OF ROME

It's a stupid generalisation when applied to most peoples, civilisations or empires

It does apply to steppe peoples though. Who periodically would conquer agrarian nations, adopt their customs to be indistinguishable, before being conquered by a different steppe people.

See it most with the Northern Dynasties of China.

when I get selfcrowned, I'll deport every rapfuge and invade other european countries just to get rid of these rapefuges, with FORCE. too bad I would have to make my country 'harder, better, faster, stronger' first

, which will take time and be too late.

, but still with FORCE

You'd think so, but really I'm pretty sure it just makes them that much harder.

Just look at Japan, Germany, Rome, etc.

This is the stupidest image I've ever seen.

>Was it true that the more civil people the softer they are?
And this is the stupidest idea I've ever heard.

>Japan
>civil

No. The middle class citizens of Leningrad went from having the best living conditions in Russia to eating the glue that held wallpaper to the walls of their houses, those Argentinian footballers went from flying on a private plane to eating corpses. People adapt pretty easily when they have to.

what is this strong men/weak men meme about? Africa has been uncivilized barbaric wasteland for centuries yet they haven't built or learned anything.

its a memefied version of historical pattern, generalising yes, but not entirely incorrect

first phase: Sengoku / civil war era
second to third phase: early Tokugawa Shogunate era
forth phase: late Tokugawa era
back to first and second phase: Meiji era
then interruption to the cycle since Japan lost WWII
third phase: Japan post WWII, slowly going to phase four

Both are true though

yeah yeah, fuck niggers amirite

I think the pattern could be applied to the west African empires rising, becoming wealthy from selling their slaves to Europe, being conquered by Europe, and then degenerating into warlords.

The so called historical pattern is a meme as well, dependent on confirmation bias and wishful thinking.

They are so wrong that it's pointless to even start arguing against it, you can't refute any of it's foundational bases because it's not based on anything. It is "not even wrong"
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Not_even_wrong

It has a nice narrative to it and fits the type of stories that people like being told, so they just roll with it. It's an incredibly reddit meme.

>It's an incredibly reddit meme
more like /pol/

/pol/ prefers to blame jews or iq or whatever.

Reddit loves these pseudo-scientific attemptes to rationalise everything into some sort of bullshit determinism, especially when the """scientific""" explanation reminds them of their favourite Brandon Sanderson novel.