Listen biz, I'm pretty new to the crypto world, and I've already made some mistakes. I've fallen for the musicoin, vox...

Listen biz, I'm pretty new to the crypto world, and I've already made some mistakes. I've fallen for the musicoin, vox, and mooncoin memes/shill campaigns here on this retarded board. Thankfully I was on the successful side of the first two and managed to make some money, but I put 35 into mooncoin at .02 and thankfully got out at .02 for some small losses that I'm content with. Although this could've gone worse I feel like a fucking worthless retard that I know I am for my mistakes. How do you spot the shill campaigns from what can really make you money? There's no chance RDD didn't look like a joke when it first started getting shilled on here, and next thing you know its gone from 5 sats to 90 and people are laughing their asses of in their lambos. I don't want to be the retard losing money again, I want to be laughing at the retards while taking their money next time. Help me biz

Research the coins before you put into them.

yeah and how could he "research" RDD? all the research would have told him that the coin is absolute fucking garbage, which it is. Did it stop it from mooning? no

Exactly, yes I had researched mooncoin I probably wouldn't have invested, but it also seems that shitcoins take off all of the time. I guess that's just the risk of investing in these coins though, payoff could be huge but there's no way to tell what will really happen with it

It's easy OP.

You build a portfolio, and then you put 5% of your portfolio into shit coins.

I have been putting 5% into every shit coin the second it hits Biz. Sometimes I get lucky like with RDD, other times I lose out. Overall I gain. Bad news with vox, music coin, siacoin, but I've made big gains with mooncoin and rdd that significantly outweigh them.

Is 5% of your portfolio only 50 dollars? 10 dollars? You need to start somewhere.

if a coin has real world application and companies/businesses are working towards using it that its a good long term coin to buy (example: ETH)

if its some random ass noname coin that people randomly start shilling than it's most likely a pump and dump scheme... which you can make short term money off of as long as you get in at the start of the pump and sell and not the dump thus left holding the bag

Shitcoins take off because they get shilled to the moon. Make everbody think it's a good investment, pull out at the peak, and buy yourself a lambo.

Speaking of which, I have a Twitter account to shill MoonCoin. It's got a bit of traction, come over and help shill this shit to LamboLand.

>picrelated is from yesterday, account has 10 followers and is interacting with other accounts.

started with 700 so it would be somewhere around 35. This sounds like a reasonable approach though, wins are huge and losses are minimized. I will try to incorporate a strategy like this into my portfolio

For next level trading, add me on skype: cryptoanna

Yeah I got that much at least lol, it's just hard to determine amongst the shit what shit will work out. I have my long term holds like ETH, but I also don't want to miss coins that will have legitimate moon missions

It's simple. If people start making memes about the coin and posting it on here (when no one has even fucking heard of it before), that's how you know it's a PnD.

That's probably the most useful piece of advice you'll get for a while on here

I try to do as much research into a coin as possible when I can, into my main investments, but I don't have time for every shitcoin to look into all the variables.

The portfolio you want to build should have BTC, ETH, ETC, STRAT at the VERY LEAST 10%-20%. Other coins are promising but those coins are consistent and definitely going up. Other coins I dabble in at the moment are pivx, monero, golem, and XRP. I don't believe in them like I believe in my top 4 above though.

When looking at coins this is a good guide for them:
1. Decent Volume (at least above 500,000 USD)
2. On liquid exchanges
3. Good roadmap
4. Trustworthy developers
5. Consistent Updates
6. Good Technology

I am probably missing some things but you'll do fine with the above.

I bought some mooncoin and managed to make a bit of money, but it's a total shitcoin. Doesn't deserve to be more than 0.1 satoshis. Don't understand why people are dumping VOX though. It literally combines the two hottest markets of the coming years; VR and crypto. The fact that it only has a 1M market cap is an absolute joke. Only thing that's missing is marketing, and it should be a lot higher. It might sound like I'm shilling, but I just cannot understand how it has so little market cap when it's got so much innovation compared to all the shitcoins with 20M caps.

Monitor the quality and the scope of the shilling.

Mooncoin, and other shitcoins that didn't moon were only being shilled on here and other fag boards.

Before buying a coin see if the outside world will buy it.

RDD looked like a pretty legit coin, on the other hand if some redditor saw mooncoin they would laugh it off and not buy.

what i do is just use coinbase as a stock market. its the simplest way to invest money. im new here on this board. but biz is full of scammers. just use coinbase or another exchange and sit on your money

The difference between reddcoin and the other is it had a whale behind willing to pump the price that high. It's a steaming pile and the only people who knew it would take were in the whales inner circle.

Thanks, I will always consider that moving forward
Thank you a ton, that was all awesome advice

If you are into these coins you need to be minimum 2 exchanges. Get onto Bittrex. Learn to use the website. Coinbase doesn't tell you anything. Other people have tools on other websites that blow coinbase users out.

If you don't want to wait to get money into bittrex use an exchange service like changelly or shapeshift to get money into those wallets fast.

The short answer to your question is: does the coin has an associated Taiwanese cartoon girl with it? Then it's a shitcoin and it's going nowhere fast

Yes thank you. There is a fucking ton of money to be made in crypto but you need to wait like a week for it. Everything goes up week after week after week.

I only started browsing here yesterday (someone was mentioning btc hitting 2800 on Veeky Forums), but do you guys invest solely in crypto?

I put 200 between btc/eth/digi/pivx (that's all coinbase let me buy at once), but I know I'll end up having weak hands; I was hoping you'd be talking about more standard forms of investment (which I'm equally ignorant to).