/RGT/ Robinhood General Thread

Memorial Day Weekend edition

-- Robinhood FAQs --
- VISIT THE WEBSITE FIRST DAMMIT!! - www.robinhood.com

> How is it free?
"People" invest your settled funds when you're not using them, just like banks.

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

> I hit sell when the stock was X.XX, but it actually sold at a lower price, why?
Robinhood graphs are shit and only show you an average, not true real-time prices. To get Bid/Ask prices and important things like candlestick graphs, you should use a more robust platform.

> Where can I get better charting or bid/ask?
Real brokers, like TDAmeritrade's thinkorswim. Otherwise you should be using tradingview.com, stockcharts.com, finviz.com, or a non-pile-of-shit for your graphing in addition to Robinhood.

-- Links --
Premarket Movers:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx

Earnings Report Calendar:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

PREVIOUS THREAD:

Other urls found in this thread:

ideas.quantcha.com/2017/05/26/big-loser-alert-trading-todays-8-8-move-in-merrimack-pharmaceuticals-mack/
fintel.io/
investopedia.com/terms/s/shortselling.asp
level2stockquotes.com/level-ii-quotes.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

NIHD is kill.

I need a new meme.

Hopefully that one dude who actually knew shit joins, dude was posting charts and answering questions. I need more info.

every chart posted is a missed opportunity to post a 2d qt

yeah my screener picked it up at .69 I had a lot of fun with NIHD today. What a ride.

yeah I'm lurking senpai.

the eternal cvm

How do you get the screener?

You should trip up so people know who you are you popped up and posted more info on trading in 20 minutes than all of the other tripfags combined.

MACK by eod. 1.06 dividend. Even bears aren't expecting it to drop to low 2's for long on Tuesday

ideas.quantcha.com/2017/05/26/big-loser-alert-trading-todays-8-8-move-in-merrimack-pharmaceuticals-mack/

just google for screeners/agorithms, they cost money if they're any good, I use trade-ideas normally for the volume screener so I can catch pump and dumps and shit moving up really fast and then look at charts to see if I can grab a good entry. You can also use finviz for a decent free screener. It picks up chart patterns and stuff.

That one dude said I'm a daytrading-larper but he only posts loli pics. I don't think he really trades.

How much is trade ideas?

first of all that wasnt me who said that

second of all these are NOT lolis

third dont be so serious
its a friday before long weekend im just takin it easy bud

$200 a month or 2k a year. I think they have %discounts if you buy X amount of months.

I see some of my favorite twitter traders recommending this program often actually

200 is about all I got in my portfolio how could I multiply that or get like a 40-70% return?

Don't bully spinbro, he bumps the thread and gives out L2 data to anyone that asks.

Stop using stock twits, that place is garbage and gives you bad trading habits.

Well when I first started out I didn't have much either I just followed what giant institutions did on

fintel.io/

you can see what big institutions are doing, like back in the .70's on NVAX I saw that morgan stanley, JP morgan, goldman sachs, baker bros, and a bunch of other huge investment firms picking up multi-million dollar positions in NVAX, obviously they're looking to get a return, they'll pump and dump that POS penny stock if they have to so they can get a return I bought in and rode it up to 1.14 and sold off. I got about a 40% return. It all adds up. and this was just recently too.

Thanks for the info. For me thats too costly.

I do use finviz to screen for moon missions. Sometimes succesfully but usually by the time it hits finviz its too late.

first for NAK actually having a green day

not killing myself just yet

I find stocktwits very useful for grabbing latest data when something is happening
they are pretty quick with the relevant articles

I dont actually follow anyone there though that is not how its used

I follow many people on twitter though for fresh ideas

That's actually really fucking clever... do you ever use stocktwits for anything at all? Every now and then I browse it and pick up information.

>I find stocktwits very useful

kill yourself

>tfw you will never see the green background again

ok you toxic faggot

you dont have to use it you know

I personally find it useful

I only read stuff from trolls like spacedad because he's actually really good at trading and finding trends, and spacecowboy and that FDA guy he trolls with I think even the president of stocktwits is following spacedad for giving out good short positions on pump and dumps.

I use it for shorting stocks that have 30k-40k watchers are bullish on because they're retarded when it comes to pump and dumps. Other than that if you check out news people post on threads it's always almost a week old. If it's a day old it's old news and has already been priced in. So I don't get much use out of it seeing as I rarely short things.

Think I'll throw a few meme bux at FRO for earnings gamble (reporting Tuesday). Seems to be coming into oversold territory to me.

Also gambling on HAIN. They're supposed to be reporting earnings within the next couple weeks (haven't reported in like a year).

>tfw coulda made massive dough on MACK if I didn't chicken out

Wtf is shorting? Is it useful?

please be joking

investopedia.com/terms/s/shortselling.asp

They're the type of traders to trade for a whole year and only be $2k positive in their account and be happy about it. They could've made more working a min wage job.

It's the best way to lose all your money

Fuck you im new.

god this thread is shit today why is everyone so angry and combative

Tbh, this entire week was trash.

Only a handfew real moonmissions and i missed basically all of them.

Who here /AMZN/?
I own only one share but I've made 82.41$ off of them in under 3 months
It's literally free money

It's when you borrow shares off of a broker or from another source of shares and basically bet the value of the price will go down, a lot of people don't tell you that there is a lot of times a fee PER SHARE and you pocket the difference and it can cost you $2 a share to short something that's .40 per share. So if you're going to short something you have to be really sure it's about to go down. Like when I hopped in DRYS last year at ~$9 and rode it up to $111 I took out a short position at $100 down to $40 because pump and dumps are usually easy to short and easy to get a hold of shares to short because only retards will hold that.

AMDA gonna bounce for a quick in and out

Delayed er

It's a trading thread and you're being condescending to your equals, and posting pictures of anime children.

If you're going to trade stocks like Amazon you really need to get into options trading, they're horrid to explain but you will make more money off of that than actually buying and selling shares of amazon.

Toxic? Using Stocktwits for DD is the only thing toxic here.

This.

I doubled my money in less than 2 hours yesterday because of a post from an angry frogposter.

a little bit condescending yes but ALSO informative and helpful

>Using Stocktwits for DD
all I said is they are pretty quick on the spot when new articles come out...

I originally sold at 3.94 spike (from 3.19 avg) and then bought back in but too high. Gonna avg down a bit today and again on Tuesday if it dips enough. Not worried at all. I'm thinking it will avg out around 2.50 -3 when all is done and said until next divi announced and er.

>$200/month for something you can write yourself.

This is proof that it sucks and is expensive to not be a coder.

Using stocktwits for DD is like trying to read a novel for a test but you have to skip 3 or 4 pages at a time. They don't talk about financials of a company (what whales look for) and they don't post relevant news. The only thing you can use stocktwits for is to find upcoming loser stocks, and when to sell lmao.

if you guys have actual brokers I really think RSII will moon soon

NIHD really getting rekt now.

Nice, I'm assuming play shortly on the institutions game is fine. How are the trends? Does anyone how those rando chinese just pump?

My portfolio has started to look better........ ever since i stopped coming in this thread

Obligatory AMRS post.

Well how are you informative or helpful? Besides posting L2 data that you can google?

level2stockquotes.com/level-ii-quotes.html

Do you read charts and do TA for people? Do you find the upcoming ascending triangles on stocks hitting a short squeeze? What gives you the right to be condescending, so far you've posted anime pics, a link to investopedia that doesn't explain shorting well, and called me a larper and you're also advocating stocktwits lol. I'm not mad at you, or even being combative really, I'm just confused as to how you're helpful.

You're right about that. I have no idea how to code. I just trade stocks, man. I find algos, scripts, and screeners that fit the parameters I look for on stocks that move, it would be much more cost effective if I knew how to code. BUT the time it would take me to learn how to code this I'll already be done trading and doing something else.

rando chinese just pump? I'm assuming you mean stocks like KONE and SPU. They're low float and low volume, but the volume is all at once so it'll be like 300k shares purchased at $5 a share and it goes into what's called a "Liquid Surge" and then pump and dump ensues.

anybody in OTC

buy RSii

Authorized shares pushed to limit
the float is getting locked

pic related

>Well how are you informative or helpful?
what

the guy asked what shorting is and I gave him the investopedia article...

I already told you im not the guy who called you a larper jesus christ

youve got a bone to pick with me obviously but I have no idea why

must be triggered by the anime girls I guess

Well shit, I've learned a lot today.

>must be triggered by the anime girls I guess

This isn't /a/. Keep the sexually suggestive pictures of underage cartoon girls where they belong please.

CUO

confirmed triggered as fuck

just filter me faggot

You'll learn a lot more too with a new president (obviously) the market changes direction completely. We'll see a lot more bullish investors coming out because gold is going down and our dollar is going up. It's not uncommon this year so far to see giant institutions pumping hundreds of millions into penny stocks.

So you googled what shorting was and clicked the first link? You're very helpful man, I really underestimated your trading abilities. I'm sorry.

that's actually interesting.

yeah I should have just told that guy to fuck off and learn to google youre right

Why would that bring out more bullish investors if gold goes down? I'm missing something.

I mean my post just straight up explained what shorting was in an easier to understand manner and gave more insight into it. But yeah I guess being extra condescending to someone who is your equal in trading knowledge would've suited you better.

Gold is going down and our dollar is going up in value. They're getting while the getting is good. Even if gold was up it's not like they're going to be buying portions of companies in gold bricks, yeah? They're more likely to spend money because they can spend less of it because it's worth more. Kind of like how $100 50 years ago was worth more than $100 today.

So it makes following the money easier... interesting.

Exactly.

Who /eternalCVM/ here?

Holding 5000 shares and not selling until it hits $1 after FDA second round

oh what a saint

bless you for explaining short selling. and I see you didnt fail there to brag yet again about how good of a trader you are. such an inspiration, such a great asset to the board

god bless you god bless everyone

ladies, please
take it outside

>You're right about that. I have no idea how to code. I just trade stocks, man.

I'm coming at this from a different direction, I guess. I spent a career writing code to do mathematics. I'm a hobbyist investor, but I have decades worth of software experience to go along with the mathematical knowledge required to extract patterns and trends from data. I'm having the time of my life. Anyone who thinks TA is voodoo is an idiot doomed to poorness.

Ignore the haters. At least you aren't shitting up the thread talking about fakecoins.

I bought 10k shares when I thought it was done dipping at .10 and then it dipped to .08 so I bought 5k more shares I'm $200 or so in the hole in my swing/daytrade account on that mistake, but I was trading off my phone with no resources in my defense. It's not like im risking much on it anyways.

>not becoming a millionaire daytrading

Well then, check out FE. It's a good long term hold for value investors adding to a legit portfolio via traditional broker

Where my blackberry long and strong boys at?

Jesus christ there's so many different variables for stocks. What stuff in this list would you guys need to see to get good info about stocks?
www.alphavantage.co/documentation

there are going to be alot of OTC plays this year and first half of next. I just made 20% the other day on MYDX, made another 40% on POTN and now RSii should take off hoping to get about 80% from it

also putting alot of money into physical silver, btc, and eth right now, when ever i have couple hundred dollars i go down an buy some coins and bars.

but seriously, buy RSii

JUst buy gush or ERX or GASL. Your cucking yourself out of gains investing in individual stocks like FE.

excuse me please keep the animal pictures on /an/

this is Veeky Forums and we take ourselves very seriously here

They're transitioning out of generation into strictly transmission. Selling their coal, gas and eventually nuclear plants

Meme generation like wind and solar still need to get to peoples homes. It's one of many positions I'm in no hurry. Long term greedy, user

That picture was taken 14 years ago. I had to put Her to sleep a few years ago.

Why are you posting pictures on Veeky Forums of your dead dog

Rest in peace dogger.

sorry for your loss
this was my childhood doggo

What's a pharma company that isn't expensive as fuck but isn't a penny stock that you're looking into?

TGTX

NOVT my nigga

Lol

I can dig RSii, and yeah I agree with the OTC plays my screener picks up 50% movers non-stop. Though I rarely take the risk on buying in them. I'm allocating my money to different stocks, I only trade penny stocks if they're biotech and have a good chance of being bought out. I've been holding a lot of shares of CYTR since .40 and gradually adding in my long term account, and have also been swinging/daytrading it on my daytrade account.

I'm about to put 20k or so into VRX if it can hold support in the 12.80's. In my long term account.

Funny I was just going thru my bullion collection. I use jm bullion usually but also trade with local dealers. I also have about 22 100oz bars of silver. Collect mostly 10oz silver bars but I'm looking to expand my ATB 5oz coins. Also collect gold and platinum and shipwreck silver if it has good history (roll is from ss gairsoppa) and keep paperwork on everything. All bullion.

Since I started collecting I never spend change. Taught my niece and nephew to look for coins that could be worth something like pre-64 quarters and dimes, old pennies nickels...and have 5 gallon water jugs almost filled with stuff they've gone thru already for their graduations.

Probably have at least a couple pounds of coins from when they were actually made 90% silver just from finding them. Fun hobby.

VRX is a good pick imo

I have been long them since 10$ area

MNKD is running now

p.s. buy pullback you newfags dont buy the top

They're in a good place financially to merge with other companies looking into merging, partnering or even being buying out they'd become a valuable asset and would double or even triple in value over time, the stuff they're doing is making them act like a bank of sorts instead of a pharma company. They're in a position to give out payments to other pharma companies which is funny to me.

literally no news for this move by the way, pure pump

fuck no shares available to short

VRX is going to keep selling off peripheral assets and get their debt under control (which it isnt yet still)

but I mean come on, they own bausch and lomb

theyve got super cash flows and its a good long term investment

hopped out at 1.61, any time I see a double shadow candle on a chart of a stock moving rapidly I sell off.

that said its been a shortsellers wet dream for the past year and its still attracting a lot of selling pressure because these horses keep going back to the same old watering hole

so it will probably have a lot of trouble getting to 20$ again

nice nice, is this tradeideas?

Thanks
What's a double shadow candle?

id post the investopedia article for you but apparently that is useless and not helpful at all so ill just wait for someone to explain it instead

MNKD's been creeping up since the announced the amazon deal. I'm gonna get in at some point for a long play. Hopefully they can fix their financials, seems like a good company if they could expand all their new tech.

As far as I know they're the only ones making an inhaler for diabetics but doctors won't push it because big needle kickbacks? I mean c'mon..

damn, thats alot more than i got, only have 3 coins and 7 bars so far. Looking to get another 10oz within the next month.

How would you come across shipwreck silver? I go to auctions alot and usually come across silver jewlery

it indicates that the buy and sell pressure are equal and most of the time happens moments before a stock crashes or dips. MOST OF THE TIME. If there are things like news and giant institutions joining it can stay green.

those little lines are "shadows" or "wicks" whatever you want to call them they represent the same thing and whenever a stock is rapidly increasing you'll see a candle with 2 lines on both sides that indicate and upcoming dip.

I call it " reversal doji " but that might be too weeb for this board right