Who would win?

who would win?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/AskHistorians/comments/3vohs2/6_million_victims_of_the_holocaust_huge_number/
reddit.com/r/AskHistorians/wiki/rules#wiki_answers
mobile.twitter.com/obamamalik
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

reddit as much as people won't admit. They probably have actual academics there that would win in a debate simply because they are more knowledgable in what they study. Unless youre talking about memes, then Veeky Forums easily.

Reddit unironically
Veeky Forums has /pol/-tier intellectualism, I don't know about Reddit but once you're at rock bottom they're bound to beat us

reddit mostly, although they're finno-korean scholarship is laughable

We have dank memes but outside of the occasional thread this place is shit.

The few times google send me to reddit the answers were pretty good.

AskHistorians is a good board and while it's obviously not completely un-biased, being that individual historians answer the questions, the answers are held up to a much higher standard than any post on Veeky Forums.

Veeky Forums is a different sort of thing though. I see it more as a rowdy bar that hobbyists gather at to shoot the shit. In practice it makes me want to claw my eyes out.

>Plebbit
>Veeky Forumstorium and Humanistanium
No contest Veeky Forums.

>actual academics
>sweaty neckbeards
is this a joke

Never been on Reddit but if it has less than 3 posts per page about commies or "what was x's end game?" then it's better than Veeky Forums.

We have way better memes here desu.

/r/BadHistory would give us a run for our money though.

Dunno about history, but philosophy here is complete shit. Philosophy on Reddit is just as bad- except they tend to make shit up that's not obviously false, bad readings, bad reasoning. For that reason- I'd say it's better to do philosophy here so you don't get tricked into believing it.

Jesus you fucks on the internet are bad at reading and reasoning.

Academic here. I have never been to reddit but it's quite obvious that the majority of people here received no former training whatsoever. So I am inclined to agree.

if you go to the site every thread has about 50 upvotes, and a few comments, where 3 are (((deleted))) and there is a 1000 word essay with 6 sources and pro formatting. we would be destroyed in a few seconds. this board is full of the nerdy "ACTUALLY" kids, while they have the (((academia))).

Actually your wrong.

I think if we had the actual smart people here fight the actual smart people there we would win.

>Veeky Forumstorium and Humanistanium

Your "latin" only proves rest of the posters right.

Trolling aside, t/his/ board. Reddit is really, REALLY bad.

Shutus Upus Plebus cuntus.

sukus yurus mumus pinus

They would.

That said, whilst we have a lot more garbage threads we have more nuggets of genuine insight and original thought. Also shitposting is not necessarily a bad thing.

>Turkmen/his/tan
>Winning anything
Wew unto ye.

I hate the format of the website but it's simply too big for a sweeping judgement like that. AskHistorians is actually pretty good if you have any trivial question about history. It's all on topic and there's zero pointless bickering or derailing like you get on Veeky Forums.

These posts prove Reddit is better. Never been on Reddit but it can't be worse than this.

while Veeky Forumstorians would autisticly screech about how da joos tried to ruin europe for centuries, they know the real answers.

They have jannies to clean up the shit. We are frontier board againt pol.

Its obvious that Veeky Forums will look like a Chimp cage.

t. Kikeberg

le "jews have been completely innocent, its everyone else who's the problem" bullshit.

>largely mon-ethnic states
WRONG

RIGHT

LEFT

MARXIST

Reddit has higher standards but everyone has mainstream milquetoast opinions, if you want discussions on the mundane and uncontroversial you go to reddit.

Veeky Forums has lower standards and a /pol/ infestation but you are allowed to disagree with liberals here. If you want to talk about controversies and can filter the bait and memes you are better off on Veeky Forums.

FIND AND DATE BEATUFUL RUSSIAN WOMEN

pinnacle of Veeky Forums. now debunk the first comment here: reddit.com/r/AskHistorians/comments/3vohs2/6_million_victims_of_the_holocaust_huge_number/

RIGHT AND LEFT ARE BOTH SPOOKS.

There's nothing to debunk you dildo.

yeah, who could ever defend a minority being targeted by the majority as innocent? Fuck those whites in South Africa, especially. "Never did anything wrong" my ass! They're a minority who hold a lot of wealth, so they must be fucking horrible.

The Stirner memes are my favorite here.

The Stirner memes are my least favorite here.

Very true.

If leddit is so much better then just fuck off to that place and leave us alone

The states of Europe have been largely multi-ethnic for most of their history.

A lot of people make a case against them. Context is key, Jewish "persecution" wasn't unprovoked.

Hate to say it, but r/askhistorians. It works pretty hard to be scholarly and accurate, so it's one of the most strictly moderated subs on the site. Just look at their rules for answering questions.
reddit.com/r/AskHistorians/wiki/rules#wiki_answers

Meanwhile, Veeky Forums is made up of underage pseuds.

give me ONE (1) example

With less /pol/, we could give them a run for their money, but AskHistorians has generally better posters and a more formal environment, which is better for accuracy and completeness.
Veeky Forums is a more informal environment full of enthusiasts, but not experts most of the time. I'd much rather hang out on Veeky Forums for conversation, but I'd go for AskHistorians if I wanted 100% accuracy.

Veeky Forums is like history funclub on the corner
askhistorians is like gentelmans club in XIX century London, not in it's elitism or quality, but in it's pompousness

>
>
>

/pol/tards bring the collective IQ of Veeky Forums down by 50 points, and here are examples of their quality discourse

actually fuck off those are autistic

>germans
>a bit different germans
>oh, look, it's northern germans
>hilbilly germans
>imperialistic germans
>CZECHS

WOW

>hilbilly germans
You better not be talking about Austria you fucking fat amerilard fuck I'll FUCK YOU UP

I'm flaired on /r/Askhistorians so I might as well chime in

On the whole I think Veeky Forums is better than reddit in pretty much every way but Veeky Forums is probably one of the worst boards for actual discussion. I've never really encountered any political biases on Askhistorians that people here like to imagine there are. It's impeccably moderated. I wish Veeky Forums was more like it. /r/BadHistory is a total circlejerk though, can't stand it.

Veeky Forums is great for funnies though. Nothing on Askhistorians has ever made me laugh and Veeky Forums is great at it.

Sweden have been multi-ethnic, mainly made up by gauts and swedes, since forever.

that was a jab at bavaria, I'm polish btw

Was this supposed to be an argument or merely autistic screeching?

mists academics seem to be invariably boring despite how interesting they are at first, history's fun on the outside but to read painstaking historical analysis is laborious at best and something very few people do, hence why Veeky Forums and /pol/ are so retarded

I'm unsure as to what to "win". And then there is the question about whether there is anything to "win" at all.

autism is a spook

different variations of same culture should not be taken as multi-ethincity

We'd all lose

Spain

Slavs and Italians are not variation of Germans.

but other examples would be ERE, Ottoman Empire and basically all empires, Hungary, Bohemia, Spain, Prussia, Russia, PL commonwealth

Spain. France. Belgium. UK. Polish-Lithuanian commonwealth. HRE. Roman Empire. Eastern Roman Empire. United Kingdom of GB and I. Russian Empire. USSR. German Empire. Venice. Kingdom of Hungary. Austro-Hungarian Empire. Austrian Empire.

To name a few.

Plus colonies that integrated native populations or oversaw native populations like the British Raj, if that counts. Not actually European, but overseen by Europeans.

>accidentally summons rude demon

/r/AskHistorian is cancer though
They mostly spout uneducated meme opinion

reddit by a long shot
you guys are fucking ignorant teenagers who give half-baked opinions, never cited facts

Spain

How?
/r/AskHistorians is one of the most highly moderated subs on the site. Anything that isn't extremely in-depth and accurate gets removed by one of the many mods.

This board is objectively superior
See this thread for exemple:
You wouldnt see such high level discourse informative posts on Reddit

I've seen people there claiming Versailles was harsh
Pure memester bullshit

reddit is full of pseudointellectual cucks, but they have more users so you are always bound to find something fascinating.

Reddit, there is no competition.

Gotta go with the home team, Veeky Forums. At least they can meme properly

I reckon we could take those nerds in a fight.

>France
Germanics, Romano-Gauls, some Greeks in the south, and other assorted weirdos
>Italy
Literally every single ethnicity enslaved and brought back to Rome, Persians, Germanics, Slavs, Latins, Greeks, Arabs, Hebrews, the list goes on forever
>Britain
Picts, Gaels, Romano-British, Saxons, and Normans
Also Spain is a pretty obvious one. Hungary and those Southeastern European states are all Mixed even though they all take pride in their supposed "Ethnic group" lel. The nordics have been bringing random bitches back for centuries and breeding with them. the purest nations in Europe are ironically the Poles or Czechs and even they are a mix of Germans and Slavs.

Ethnicity is not the same thing as race user.

Veeky Forums is tops for posting and having bants in, also it has the great occasional resource thread like the library of alexandria threads. Overall I'd much rather read Veeky Forums than /r/askhistorians any day.

I would rape her until she was a puddle of blood.

>le jews have been prosecuted for millennia boogeyman
>le jews were the only bankers in europe meme
literally high school tier left wing revisionism. fucking garbage.

I know we are suppose to hate reddit... but Reddit clearly wins in this case.

Whatever good academics are there here, they are drowned out by /pol/ and threads like these

Don't forget the /int/ "perfect Europe maps"

>he believe the "liberals" meme unironically
found the /pol/cuck

Another thread where degenerates have the opportunity to relentlessly complain about a forum they nonetheless choose to spend their time on. It's hilarious how these people who bemoan lack of "quality" and place the blame on their pet peeve scapegoats (/pol/, liberals) lack even the modicum of self-awareness that would allow them to see they are clearly a large part of whatever problem they have with the board.

-Bottom Line-
>Veeky Forums at its best
F. Nietzsche
>plebbit at its best
John Stuart Mill

Well it was

It was harsh enough to stimulate revenge, and not harsh enough to prevent it.
It was at sweet spot of dumbness

>It was harsh enough to stimulate revenge

The revenge wasnt stimulated by Versailles, it was a mere result of the fact that Germany had lost the war added to the fact the German people was extremely autistic and nationalist
They just had to look at what had happened to A-H and the Ottoman Empire to understand Versailles was extremely kind with them

Regardless of how kind Versailles had been, provided Germany lost, Germans would want revenge
Only a harsh Versailles could have prevented WW2

reddit as a whole is stagnant, they wouldn't challenge or debate beliefs or ideas which is "socially unacceptable", just like most people on 4chins wouldn't spout ebn memes about poos or coons in any non-anonymous setting, but as it is anonymous nothing is out of bounds, so we'll naturally be the shock troops of change, even change culture and politics now, there's no reddit anywhere in the public, there idn't even anything that identifies reddit, while there's frogs flying left and right by presidents and ambassadors, even obongos brother is one of us

mobile.twitter.com/obamamalik

It wasn't just Versailles. It was also the inability for the ruling powers to form a viable system to replace the Concert of Europe.

WW2 was inevitable when you consider how powerless the League of Nations truly was. Part of this is culpable to the United States, and part of this is culpable to Britain and France who didn't give much of a fuck either.

Utterly irreversibly destroyed

>there's zero pointless bickering or derailing like you get on Veeky Forums
but that's unironically why i come here

How can reddit be better if they get basic facts wrong like the holocaust being real?

People here don't want to understand that. The general stereotype that most of reddit follows doesn't live in /r/askhistorians. That sub is great and the place where I go when I have questions. Veeky Forums is for memes and discussing what I know, but nothing beats the strict moderation, high standards and detailed answers (sourced from the get go or on demand) that they provide.
Fuck plebbit, long live /r/askhistorians.

What is Veeky Forums at its worst though?

>racism is the vanguard of change
kek just cause something is socially unacceptable doesnt make it anymore correct than what is socially acceptable. Kys

"they wont let me walk around outside in a diaper and shit myself... GUESS YOU KNOW WHICH IDEAS ARE TOO DANGEROUS FOR OUR SOCIETY"

Same. Rigorous historical analysis is almost impossible on an anonymous platform anyways.

I do enjoy the historical picture threads and the memes though.