>tfw your country has no interesting history and has contributed very little

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wars_involving_Australia
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's cool that an entire continent was used as a prison I guess...

The natives were here for 40,000 years and the ones in Tasmania (the island at the bottom) didn't discover fire.

> didnt discover fire

I dont think it would be possible for them to survive without fire. I highly doubt that

Well, they got massacred by the English. It was only some tribes, but even after 40,000 years they were in the stone age. And we have to learn all about them, instead of European or even Asian history (personally I find China and Japan fascinating).

You're part of Britain, so you share in their accomplishments.

>40,000
How did Jared Diamond explain this one?

Melbournian pls go

They had fire watchers and waited for lightning to strike to start fires if it went out

emu war is pretty kek worthy, so you have that

Sydney.

But I think ur pretty cool.
Human history is fucking gay and relatively unimportant.
The natural history of Australia is rich and interesting
They didn't need to.
Complex civilizations emerge from socio-ecological systems, or don't.
Apparently they got along fine, without those things. """"achievement"""" isn't intrinsic to the achiever but arises from an exogenic influence from their environment in relation to them and their needs.
I think you are viewing this all through an extremely anthropocentric lens. Civilizations are not progressing towards anything, varying degrees of complexity emerge.

But we lowkey hate the British. For some reason we celebrate them using us as cannon fodder in WW1 though.

I just find the history of ideas and science fascinating (therefore liking Europe and parts of asia), but Australia has next to none of that.

>Contributed nothing

Mate do you even know the amount of crazy shit we invented? Educate yourself

Australian has one of those stories that only a true historian would appreciate. If you're not into local history, social history, political history or economic history then you're not going to find anything that will peak you're interested.

If you're a pleb who thinks history should be 90% military then Australian history just isn't for you.

I find the history of ideas interesting. We haven't contributed much to the arts, philosophy or science (maybe wifi, but for some reason we've still got shit internet. Thanks NBN).

Local history is boring. I work in a library, and people need help with that allllll the time. Why would I care that Burke and Wills took a shit in the town once? What does it matter if my ancestors were gardeners or shoe repairers?

The social history isn't all that interesting.

We haven't come up with any new political systems, and have basically had the same political system since 1788. How is that interesting?

Economically we just follow America or England.

Then you're lowkey fags.
You belong to the New Anglosphere Empire.

I don't personally. There's just a lot of anti Brit bong sentiment here.

What fucking school do you go to. I went to a selective school in NSW and for HSC I did modern history.

We we studied browning's ordinary men as well as evans, brozsat etc as part of our study of nazi germany. This was a long time ago though.

My school had a lot of bleeding heart liberals. We only got to the good stuff for year 11 and 12, and obviously it wasn't mandatory.

Also every year our book choices were those god awful generic 'white person goes to aboriginal community' things. Unless they were refugee stories.

>But we lowkey hate the British.
No we dont.

At least it looks like Scooby Doo.

>Also every year our book choices were those god awful generic 'white person goes to aboriginal community' things. Unless they were refugee stories.
Sounds a lot like holocaust lit in North American schools desu

I'm not sure why he's butthurt about that. Looking like Scooby Doo is fucking awesome.

t. John Zhang

>I'm not sure why he's butthurt about that
"he's" not. Don't confuse computer generated memes on Veeky Forums with reality.

t. Bruce Huong

t. Josh Su

Good goyim. Don't forget to undersell your wool and beef for your British "allies" and to fight our wars in Turkey/France/Belgium/Malaysia/Korea/Vietnam. You should feel honoured to aid the Anglo-master race by paying us to immigrate to your country.

why is aus so shitty? it has a whole fucking continent to itself. usa only has 1/3, and look what we've done.

>and look what we've done.
Progressively ruined what your forefathers envisioned and now elected a literal meme for a president?

basically. but in the process established the most powerful empire in history.

Our country has a great history, it is just not within some people's interest to discuss it.

At the time of federation, each state has a vibrant and individual culture. We all joined together within an alliance that let us share our strengths and lift each other up from our weakness. But then, the inevitable happened. It was not long before the federal government began flexing it's muscles against the states, robbing them of their sovereignty and power. Year after year, the federal government grew untill it became the only real authority in the land. Senators were intended to represent their states interests within parliament. Now, this noble role has changed completely, becoming a substitute for federal MP's.

Why do you think they don't teach federation? Might one soon discover the worship we have for the federal government is not the only way. Just last week, Bob Hawke reiterated his desire to abolish the states, a disgusting socailly-acceptable form of federal over-reach and yet the people say nothing. Already the debates about Australia Day are heating up and yet no one in the public conscience will call it what it is; a federal 'christmas' designed to strip the cultural authority from where it belongs; the states. These people have no love or respect from differing identities of all Australian peoples. Instead they seek to force their identity, whatever that may be, on everyone regardless of wether you consent to become the Australian Identity.

What are some of the unique identities that the states (and the residents of) have?

Everyone knows of the multiculturalism/leftism of Victoria. Contrast this with the politics of Queensland or even Canberra. These differences do exist and they are wide enough to cause problems, problems which the federal government papers over by claiming that we are all Australians.

> have basically had the same political system since 1788

but that's fucking wrong tho

>pom sympathisers
The only reason England and Britan are back in the good books is because real shit is going down, and even if you're angry and them you cannot abandon family in their time of need.
Poms fucked us bad and often in the past. I wouldn't leave the commonwealth, it's a great source of pride and culture but if the Brits want anything from us they need to get their shit together.
Never again should anzacs be intentional fodder.

At least they aren't New Zealand, the country where the most famous Kiwi in the world today is a camwhore.

Everyone in Queensland is either a racist cowboy, a racist bogan or a surfing, dolebludging racist.

West Australia is the only state with its own culture. You're either a hick, a Western suburbs snob or a fly-in-fly out worker with an illegally modified Ford Focus. Very nice, please visit, all the mines are closing and we need your money.

South Australia and the Northern Territory are artificial and uninhabited states. People in Adelaide are religious, rude, or a combination of both. Their state pastimes are importing electricity and spitting on people in shopping centers.

New South Wales and Victoria are literally the same states. Both have a classy capital city full of tall building bought with stolen West Australian wealth. Both have an upper-class of educated professionals that rule over a vast population of bogans. Nice to visit, not to live.

Canberra and the ACT is a classy version of Sydney and Melbourne. Everyone is either a politician or a uni student. Their shopping centers have carpets, and there's plenty of fun touristy stuff to do.

Tasmania is the Deep South of Australia. They will shot you and rape your wife if she reminds them of their sister. Lovely nature, the New Zealand of Australia. Shame about the people.

>Poms fucked us bad and often in the past.
>Never again should anzacs be intentional fodder.
stop huffing memes

>memes
We're on Veeky Forums. I know that means next to nothing but surely you'd have taken an interest in the history and welfare of your country and its allies.
Poms have fucked us. Abo soldiers were to Aus soldiers what Aus soldiers were to pom strategists.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wars_involving_Australia

Melbourne please stop revising history

Well said. Good stuff here.

Shut the fuck up, Bazza
I want more films like The Proposition showing the Australian colonization.
Not to mention how the British treated you lot in WWI, and your relationship with the US ever since.

Heck a green country burned down by a sub genre of homosapiens that had human child eating eagles and a flesh eating lizard as big as a car living amongst them is good in and of itself.

This doesn't really apply, since I'm Anglo, too.

Thud, thud, my heart pumps blood
whenever someone talks about my Taman Shud

>caring about your country specifically instead of the feats of the whole human species combined
When will you learn that we're part of something greater than your petty nation?

its going to contribute to the chinese economy once the takeover is complete

tasmania sounds nice

>Never again should anzacs be intentional fodder.
>Not to mention how the British treated you lot in WWI
Costly battles for Australians were generally also costly for the British, for example Fromelles, the single most costly battle in terms of loss of life for Australia was a subsidiary battle of the Somme. Gallipoli was a mistake, but one which far more British servicemen paid for than Australians or New Zealanders.
>and your relationship with the US ever since.
That came after the failure of the Singapore Strategy in WWII.
>Heck a green country burned down by a sub genre of homosapiens
That's an oversimplification of a pretty debateable idea.
>that had human child eating eagles
New Zealand

Why don't you Western Australia fags succeed then? Haven't you tried a bunch?

You don't even have a culture. You're just desert and like 30 towns, tops. No one ever visits you.

Aus/NZ/Canada identity is a joke. Aus/NZ base it off getting fucked in the ass by Turks 100 years ago, and Canada is just "not America". Oh and some powerless monarchy headed by a 90 year old woman ties everything together.

It's beautiful, the tonka truck driver is just mad he can't get a pint for less than 15 sobs and coffee for six

*stands to attention for fast food*

fugg

>that was new zealand
No we have them too, if he's talking about what I think he is. I almost hit one with my car when I was driving interstate through the country. The things are fucking massive.

was prob 9:11 on 9/11 day, we do this every year wherever we are.

>on 9/11 day
sept. 11?

Pettiness begats glory. It's the in fighting and the bickering that makes excellence personal and palpable for people.
You think you're big picture it's all just fractal brah

why is our entire fucking continent desert its not fair!!!

Fucking summer right now though. Upper 30s all week, and I'm being eaten alive by mosquitoes every time I step outside. It's only early January ffs.

>losing to fucking emus
>not interesting

It actually blows my mind sometimes by how isolated the abos were

I mean 1606? I know that China was never too interested in exploration but not even the Arabs or Indians made it there before that?

It's not like some polynesian island thats half the size of the Vatican either. Australia is a whole continent.
America took awhile too I guess, but it was in the opposite direction that anyone wanted to go and it was still discovered a century earlier. People went that far south in the west of the Indian ocean but not in the east?

he's talking about haast's eagle not wedge-tails

What is this West Australian culture you speak of?

>""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""he""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

seatsniffing is a unique cultural practice