Was Hitler the most charismatic man known in human history?

Was Hitler the most charismatic man known in human history?

Other urls found in this thread:

tagesspiegel.de/kultur/buchvorstellung-wenig-heroisch-der-gefreite-hitler-im-ersten-weltkrieg/4148842.html
youtube.com/watch?v=AAHHkF7VbCY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ptolemaic_cult_of_Alexander_the_Great
youtube.com/watch?v=v-66xJLd6Z0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscle_cuirass
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

He's up there, but not the most, no.

I'd argue the top spots would be between Caesar, Alexander and Napoleon, but I'm not sure how to order them from 1st to 3rd

Tell me of some charismatic things caesar and alexander did. I know napoleon did that thing where he instantly converted all the guys sent to kill him by stepping in front of all of their guns and asking if they really was going to kill their emperor

>Implying it wasn't based Patrick Henry

Napoleon was more charismatic for sure.

The reason I doubt Napoleon is because he was actually a talented strategist. Hitler on the other hand literally took over and mobilized a large nation with nothing but the power of shouting.

While Alexander's troops were prepared to march home in protest for being on campaign so long in India, Alexander gathered them together and delivered a speech so stirring that they all stayed to fight on, all of them.

Obama

>stepping in front of all of their guns
Source? pretty interesting

What about Augustus?
I know the memeing often portrays him as autistic but he had to be pretty charismatic to peacefully stay in power and get virtually everything he wanted.

Lenin?

>The 5th Regiment was sent to intercept him and made contact just south of Grenoble on 7 March 1815. Napoleon approached the regiment alone, dismounted his horse and, when he was within gunshot range, shouted to the soldiers, "Here I am. Kill your Emperor, if you wish."
there's lots of sources on his return from Elba if you're really interested

Nobody beats Caesar in charisma

>In 75 BCE, Julius Caesar was captured by Cilician pirates, who infested the Mediterranean sea. The Romans had never sent a navy against them, because the pirates offered the Roman senators slaves, which they needed for their plantations in Italy. As a consequence, piracy was common.

>[2.1] First, when the pirates demanded a ransom of twenty talents, Caesar burst out laughing. They did not know, he said, who it was that they had captured, and he volunteered to pay fifty.

>[2.2] Then, when he had sent his followers to the various cities in order to raise the money and was left with one friend and two servants among these Cilicians, about the most bloodthirsty people in the world, he treated them so highhandedly that, whenever he wanted to sleep, he would send to them and tell them to stop talking.

>[2.3] For thirty-eight days, with the greatest unconcern, he joined in all their games and exercises, just as if he was their leader instead of their prisoner.

>[2.4] He also wrote poems and speeches which he read aloud to them, and if they failed to admire his work, he would call them to their faces illiterate savages, and would often laughingly threaten to have them all hanged. They were much taken with this and attributed his freedom of speech to a kind of simplicity in his character or boyish playfulness.

1/2

>[2.5] However, the ransom arrived from Miletus and, as soon as he had paid it and been set free, he immediately manned some ships and set sail from the harbor of Miletus against the pirates. He found them still there, lying at anchor off the island, and he captured nearly all of them.

>[2.6] He took their property as spoils of war and put the men themselves into the prison at Pergamon. He then went in person to [Marcus] Junius, the governorof Asia, thinking it proper that he, as praetor in charge of the province, should see to the punishment of the prisoners.

>[2.7] Junius, however, cast longing eyes at the money, which came to a considerable sum, and kept saying that he needed time to look into the case.Caesar paid no further attention to him. He went to Pergamon, took the pirates out of prison and crucified the lot of them, just as he had often told them he would do when he was on the island and they imagined that he was joking.

Tell the one where he cucked Cato in front of the whole Senate

>In a meeting of the Senate dedicated to the Catilina affair, Cato harshly reproached Caesar for reading personal messages while the senate was in session to discuss a matter of treason.

>Cato accused Caesar of involvement in the conspiracy and suggested that he was working on Catilina's behalf, which might explain Caesar's otherwise odd position—that the conspirators should receive no public hearing yet be shown clemency.

>Caesar offered it up to Cato to read.

>Cato took the paper from his hands and read it, discovering that it was a love letter from Caesar's mistress Servilia, Cato's half-sister.

JUST

Lol damn son

Hitler wasnt even charismatic.

He appealed to coeporations and the unemployed in desperate times.

What lit do i need to read to gain charisma wisdom?
I want to be a good talker.

> give me liberty or give me death
> literally a slave owner

>Alexander prowled in front of their ranks, protected by his shield bearer, Peucestas, who bore the sacred shield of Troy that the king had taken down from Athena’s sanctuary at that ancient site. Next to him also was his bodyguard, Leonnatus, an officer of the Guard. Deciding that personal example was the only way to bring the Guard forward, as it had at Atari, he snatched one of the ladders and ran to the wall.
In an instant, Alexander planted the ladder and bounded up, holding his own shield before him. His sword flicked with deadly speed as he cleared the parapet of defenders and climbed over the top. When he had dispatched the last defender, those Indians on the adjoining towers poured spears and arrows down on him. He was the most magnificent target in military history, standing there alone in his gold-decked armor, the white plumes and crest of his helmet nodding violently as he swung his shield back and forth to parry the converging missiles.
Below him, his Guards stood transfixed in horror. Peucestas and Leonnatus scrambled up the ladder, followed by Abreas, a double-pay Guardsman who was the only man with the presence of mind to seize a second ladder and mount it. The Guards shouted to Alexander to jump to safety into their arms, but he ignored them. He saw that the ground level inside the citadel was higher than outside. He would later say that he calculated that the greatest danger was to stay where he was, while jumping back would accomplish nothing. By attacking, he might intimidate the enemy and at the very worst die a legendary death. With that split-second decision made, he leapt inside. Crying out in shock, the Guard rushed to the ladders as Peucestas, Leonnatus and Abreas disappeared over the top. But so many tried to mount at once that the ladders shattered.

>The Indians were even more astonished than the Guards as Alexander landed on his feet, put his back to the wall and assumed his fighting stance. A group of Indians then attacked, but all, including their commander, fell to his sword. Alexander felled a second leader with a stone, hurled with the force of a small catapult. More Mallians only added their bodies to the growing heap in front of the raging commander. The Indians may have been brave, but they recognized a near-inhuman killing machine, a veritable mythic hero from their Vedic epics come to life, and prudently kept their distance, forming a half circle from which to hurl every sort of missile at him.
>At that moment, Alexander’s three protectors dropped inside the wall and rushed to his side. They were an instant too late. Abreas fell with an arrow in the face. Peucestas was throwing his shield in front of his commander when another arrow sped past and struck Alexander in his left lung. Red foam, blood mixed with air, bubbled from the wound through his pierced corselet. The Indians surged forward for the kill, but Alexander continued to defend himself. Finally, blood gushed from the wound and their king slumped forward over his shield. Peucestas and Leonnatus stepped in front of his body to shield him with their own, as arrows, darts and stones rained down on them.

>Outside the citadel, near panic had gripped the Guards. Some formed human ladders; others drove wooden pegs into the wall so they could climb it. One by one they reached the top and dropped inside. ‘There they saw the King on the ground,’ wrote the historian Arrian, ‘and a cry of grief and a shout of rage rose from every throat.’ Each man leapt forward to cover Alexander with their shields and bodies as the Indians pressed the fight.
Alexander would have rejoiced in the Homeric scene straight from the pages of the Iliad, where Achaeans and Trojans fought over the bodies of their heroes. The howls from inside redoubled the efforts of the men outside trying to get through a gate in a curtain wall, until with superhuman strength they snapped the bolt. The gate was still wedged half shut, letting only one man inside at time. Then others put their shoulders to the gate and with a heave sprung it open. In poured the Macedonians, by then joined by Perdiccas’ larger force, in white-hot fury.
>Alexander was carefully placed on a shield and carried out of the citadel to his tent as the city was given over to massacre. The shouts and screams of a dying city became a muted backdrop as the Macedonian leaders huddled around their king. They had all seen mortal wounds aplenty, and every warrior must have thought Alexander a dead man. The arrow that quivered in his chest was heavy, with a large barbed head. Alexander’s physician, Critodemos of Kos, ordered him stripped naked and the shaft of the arrow cut off. He determined that the only way to extract it without the barbs doing greater damage was to enlarge the wound. Critodemos was a man of extraordinary skill, but the prospect of the king dying at his hands evidently unnerved him so much that even Alexander, who had regained consciousness, was aware of his fear.

Even in this Alexander led. ‘Why are you waiting?’ he asked. ‘If I have to die, why do you not at least free me from this agony as soon as possible? Or are you afraid of being held responsible for my having received an incurable wound?’ Critodemos told his commander that he would have to be held down during the operation. Alexander said there was no need, and went through the ordeal unflinching. When the barbed head was extracted, blood spurted from the wound, and Alexander finally fainted. At first the hemorrhage could not be stopped, and the onlookers began to wail as if for the dead.
The Macedonian troops, refusing to go to their camps, instead had stood in arms around the tent, waiting for news. Panic must have raced through them when they heard what they thought was the sound of death; without Alexander, they would be stranded at the ends of the earth. Mixed with that fear was the shame and grief that they had let him down. Inside the tent, the bleeding finally stopped, and Alexander regained consciousness.

Does Hitler even have ANY similar accounts of charismatic acts?

Hitler was Odin. The Teutonic fury god came to life briefly in the 20th century.

Hitler stepped in with a viable scapegoat at a time when the German people were angry at the terms of the treaty of Versailles. Literally anyone could have stepped up, pointed at the Jews and said "it was their fault guys".

>didn't actually fight in the wars he started
>even during ww1 he was a courier

No.

He mostly relied on the charisma of Gaius Julius Caesar which is why he just adopted his name for the duration of the second triumvirate. Agrippa won his battles but he ultimately claimed them as his own victories. Him along with Antoninus Pius see their imperial name borrowed by the successors the most in their tittles, so they were certainly well regarded after the fact. I'm not too sure which emperor was the most charismatic, Trajan comes to mind, so does Titus, Constantine, and Julian.

I think you're thinking of Thor mate. Odin isn't necessarily a warrior. He obviously was in Nordic myth, but that wasn't his main purpose.

No, Odin took active part in battles. Additionally, a war god who had domain over victory and defeat wouldn't be a good pick for someone who lost hard enough that his country got split in half.

>Odin isn't necessarily a warrior
*inhales*

Seriously though, Hitler was Thor. Thor is the defender of our people.

Probably, yeah. Hitler had a state to work with. Lenin's work was all about the masses.

Lenin wasn't as charismatic as competent enough to outplay everyone. He relied more on logic of the right promises and right political moves, than on a charm of his speeches.

Thor would have faced his end bravely rather than taking suicide as an option.

Also none of the Aesir would have been as beta as Hitler was.

>What lit do i need to read to gain charisma wisdom?
Tome of Leadership and Influence, and Tome of Understanding.

>he thinks hitler killed himself

Genghis Khan was more charismatic. Who would you follow between Hitler and Genghis Khan? The answer is clear as day.

where can I read this?

Hitler made the right bargains all the time though. He couldn't even convince enough people to get elected, so he had to become chancellor through a backroom deal.

You need to be Caster Level 17 and have access to miracle or Wish, or find it in a high level dungeon.

Man, D&D is also something I wish to do... Sadly I don't have any friends to play with.

You and everyone on Veeky Forums

>playing WotC or Paizo published editions

Absolutely plebian.

There's lots of online games.

It's "give me liberty or give me death," not "give everyone liberty or give everyone death."

>Literally anyone could have stepped up, pointed at the Jews and said "it was their fault guys".

Lots of people did exactly that, but only one of them got control of the entire nation. Obviously something was different with Hitler, it wasn't just "muh social conditions."

I had a misspent youth, I regret to say.

In retrospect, I should have played WoD and gotten goth pussy.

The Beerhall Putsch cleared out the leadership, created an irresolvable organizational dispute, and Hitler was able to unify the movement.

What about this guy? Would you rate him on the level of Hitler?

I don't think anybody can really compare to Alcibiades when it comes to charisma.

>tutored by Socrates who got insanely jealous whenever anybody touched his pristine boipussy
>won first, second and fourth place in an Olympic chariot race (don't ask how)

>debating over whether to launch an expedition to conquer Sicily
>Athens' most senior general comes up and tries to put the demos off the idea by telling them that for the expedition to be successful they'll need a massive fleet, massive army, huge amount of gold i.e. more than Athens could ever hope for even before fighting with Sparta for ten years straight
>Alc steps up and tells him that it's a great idea, everyone agrees and elects him as one of the general in charge of the expedition

>before they set out somebody smashes some sacred statues, Alcibiades gets the blame
>heads off to Sparta to avoid execution, leaving the expedition in charge of a general who didn't want to be there, effectively dooming the Athenian Empire
>seduces the Queen of Sparta, has a child with her behind the King's back
>she goes and names the kid Alcibiades Jr

>Alc hotfoots it out of there, stays with a Persian satrap
>Wants to go back to Athens but the Demos won't let him
>"Well okay, if you let me back I'll make sure the Persians help you defeat the Spartans"
>"Ok"
>"Sorry guys but the Persians are actually already allied with Sparta, can I still come back?"
>not only is he allowed back, is made a general
>convinces his soldiers to help him overthrow the Oligarchy
>heads back to Athens, introduces a new limited democracy
>"Shit's pretty cash" t.Thucydides

>Athenians lose big time, decide to execute some of their generals because they didn't pick up drowning Athenians before they retreated
>Alcibiades is let off, retires to his country estate
>years after the defeat of Athens all the people he pissed off come and burn his house down

that and a economically starved nation tired of losing, looking for someone to blame

what'd he do?

He wasn't really charismatic, he was just a modernist. Also a meme taken far more seriously on Veeky Forums than any MENA political circles.

Join the Army and deploy. I'm not even kidding. On deployment, you work for 12 hours every day and then you have nothing to do for the remaining 4-6 hours of personal time before your 6-8 hours of sleep. Nobody has anything fun to do, so they become huge nerds.
Warhammer 40k and D&D become peoples' lives while on deployment.

What really happened?

someone post the wiki screenshot of him and his childhood crush

>He also wrote poems and speeches which he read aloud to them, and if they failed to admire his work, he would call them to their faces illiterate savages, and would often laughingly threaten to have them all hanged.
Sounds more autistic to me than charismatic.

>even during ww1 he was a courier
I know that Veeky Forums is one of the most uneducated boards on Veeky Forums in matters of history and loses their spaghetti as soon as Hitler is mentioned so I probably shouldn't expect much, but being a "courier" in WW1 meant having to carry dispatches between trenches, passing directly through enemy fire. It was one of the most dangerous jobs there was.

That's Augustus.

>I believe in the comic version of the Northern Gods developed by Christian monks

He still didn't kill people but was carrying mail. Also Hitler lied in Mein Kampf regarding his war experience and he got his medal thanks to a Jewish officer: tagesspiegel.de/kultur/buchvorstellung-wenig-heroisch-der-gefreite-hitler-im-ersten-weltkrieg/4148842.html

If the number of people killed matters then artillery crewmen were the greatest warriors of WW1.

Courage is not about killing people but facing the risk of getting killed yourself. And couriers did that to a greater extent than others. Insulting some of the most courageous men of WW1 (there were other couriers than Hitler) simply because Hitler happened to fulfil the same role, letting your political views and your personal butthurt get in the way of historical reality, is simply nonsensical - although fairly typical for this board.

And whether he got his medal due to a Jewish officer doesn't really matter. If it was awarded, he probably deserved it. What he did later in his life is a different matter.

People who lie about their war experience lie for a reason.

I don't care about whether Hitler lied about his experience because this is not what the debate is about. The debate is about whether a courier in WW1 had a dangerous job that required a good amount of courage, not about the individual courier named Adolf Hitler.

The article he linked says that Hitler was a courier several kilometres behind the front:
>Der Kampf um Gheluvelt war Hitlers erster Fronteinsatz und zugleich auch sein einziger. Schon kurz darauf wurde er zum Stab des Regiments versetzt und war dort den ganzen Krieg hindurch als Meldegänger tätig. Meldegänger wurden einige Kilometer hinter der Front eingesetzt und hatten die Aufgabe, Befehle des Regimentsstabes den Bataillonsstäben zu überbringen. Auch ein Meldegänger konnte unter feindlichen Beschuss geraten, war aber viel geringeren Gefahren ausgesetzt als die Kameraden, die in den Schützengräben unmittelbar an der Front lagen und immer wieder zu Sturmangriffen ausrücken mussten, [...]

That's pretty much the opposite.

>4/7 of his girlfriends killed themselves or tried
Yeah no.

>And whether he got his medal due to a Jewish officer doesn't really matter. If it was awarded, he probably deserved it.

Again, the article makes a good case against that:
>Und tatsächlich wurde die erste Klasse des Eisernen Kreuzes nur äußerst selten an einfache Soldaten verliehen. Und doch ist diese Auszeichnung für Hitler gerade kein Ausweis besonderer Tapferkeit, auch wenn er in „Mein Kampf“ schreibt, er habe täglich dem Tod ins Auge geschaut. Tatsächlich gingen die wenigen Eisernen Kreuze I. Klasse, die gemeine Soldaten erhielten, in der Regel nicht an Frontsoldaten, sondern an Mitglieder der Regimentsstäbe, die durch den engen Kontakt zu den Vorgesetzten im Hauptquartier alle Chancen hatten, sich dort beliebt zu machen.

Again: this might be the case of the courier Hitler then, but the front needed couriers too and being a courier was generally a dangerous job.

Depends on what the ratios between couriers being on the foremost front, traveling between bases kilometres behind the front and sitting in a cozy headquarter is.

And what do you think that ratio is? There usually are a lot more officers than there are generals so only a fraction can spend their time in cozy headquarters.

I think that depends on the type of courier.

There needs to be couriers communicating between frontline officers. Those spend the most time within the trenches.
Then there are couriers communicating between frontline officers and bases. Those spend most of the time driving around way outside of direct combat.
Then there are couriers for the occasion of a disrupted or a lack of permanent communication between headquarters. Those have it safe.

>Be Hitler
>Operation Valkyrie
>own people try to kill you
>Your best bro Himmler betrays you
>die hiding in a bunker from suicide

>Be Napoleon
>French Army sent to kill you
>walk out in front of everyone
>"Soldiers, if there are amongst you who wish to kill me, here I am."
>Army drops their weapons and celebrates your return
>die alone and exiled by the British but still see your life to the bitter end

youtube.com/watch?v=AAHHkF7VbCY

Either way, the point remains that being a courier could be a fairly dangerous job. Whether that applied to Hitler in particular is a different story.

It's hard to say how much is really true about Alexander since it's from Greek historians perspective. It doesn't help either that he was pretty much considered a demi-god and after he died a literal Cult of Alexander-Amon-Zues formed.

>Such was its reputation among the Classical Greeks that Alexander the Great journeyed to Thebes after the battle of Issus and during his occupation of Egypt, where he was declared "the son of Amun" by the oracle. Alexander thereafter considered himself divine.

I think his mom told him he was the son of Zeus too.

Here's some reading about the Cult of Alexander for anyone interested.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ptolemaic_cult_of_Alexander_the_Great

At least the Persians had some humility. It's funny that they prop up Xerses as a god king in 300 when he was a very secular ruler. Hell, Cyrus the Great who was only three kingships before him let the Jews return to their homeland, which is why to this day a Persian Emperor is the only non-Gentile that the Jewish Bible calls "a Messiah".

Really bummed out that the movies missed on his bitching beard and instead made him a hairless manwhore (which ironically was closer to what the Greeks thought of as physical perfection).

>cockroach in a suit
>charismatic
In a circus maybe.

Then who was SIEGfried?

>It's funny that they prop up Xerses as a god king in 300 when he was a very secular ruler.
but xerxes was a faggot

did they actually wear armor like that?

this is fucking pathetic

The only kind of "Thor" Hitler was was Thor in the butt from all thothe Thilly Thoviets giving him a good Katyutha barrage curtothey of Iothef Thalin.

He swallowed a red pill and THEN shot himself.

At least I think it would be hilarious if the arsenic he took was in a red pill form.

It was red.

Ghenghis was the most charismatic come on guys this isn't even up for the debate.

>the "being a courier isn't brave" meme

Not the /pol/tard calling him a fury god, but being a courier was fucking dangerous and vital work in the first world war. Take care not to be as bad as /pol/ the opposite direction and just assume anything associated with Hitler was bad.

>Worshiped to the point the soviets tried to debunk him
>United all the mongol clans and made his enemies generals, didn't get betrayed like Caesar
>You can literally find his face on mongolian cash today

That's pretty boss actually.
It's well known once you achieve a certain level of charisma you literally drive women insane rather than the other way around.

>inhuman killing machine
>alexander was short for the greeks
>indians were consistently taller than the greeks.
So he was gimli?

Alexander's followers were devout and loved him and followed him around half the world. Other than a few smaller conspiracies that every ruler had he was universally liked among his own, so he must've been doing something right, publicly and privately.

Hitler on the other hand was by all accounts a very unimpressive person in private life and his only talent was giving speeches and being determined.

youtube.com/watch?v=v-66xJLd6Z0
So charismatic :^)

>charisma is only the power of shouting
If this were true every autist on Veeky Forums would be fuhrer

>RT
Away with you, Ivan.

He was cute , senpai

>RT
Hey Ivan, the energy industry is moving away from crude oil and natural gas is becoming tertiary :^)

romans/greeks in general or emperors?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscle_cuirass

I literally just googled "Obongo okie doke" and picked the first video

his speeches and poems were probably beautiful and he was correct in reprimanding them

who?