Now that the btc bull run is over, are all moon missions permanently cancelled...

Now that the btc bull run is over, are all moon missions permanently cancelled? Or is it still possible for altcoins to moon in a bear market?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-quantum_cryptography
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Its crashing

bump

Space tickets are sold out unless BTC implodes. ETH is the safest bet for long-term multiplication, but even then, only for a year or two.

>unless BTC implodes
What do you mean? It already is kind of imploding.

This is a market correction after a week long pump, not an implosion. Have you been in crypto for more than a week?

When I say implosion, I mean BTC becoming worthless due to a flaw with the Bitcoin network or a hard fork due to politics.

If someone starts moving around Satoshi's coins, we've already lost too.

>retracement didn't even hit 30% Gino
>GOYS ITS DUMPING GET OUT WHILE YOU CAN

I'd be tempted to say it's a bear trap

*Fibo

>If someone starts moving around Satoshi's coins, we've already lost too.

user you have peaked my interest. Can you give me a basic gestalt?

rly? googel satoshi nakomoto

the original miner of bitcoin has like 1 milli BTC in his one wallet

if all those 0.00001$ BTC flood the market at once, shit hits the fans

>Gino

Listen to this man. The market is tits.

It implies the "crypto" in "cryptocoins" is broken.

When Satoshi left the scene, he left a fat bounty of a million BTC to the entity who breaks Bitcoin. To touch those coins would implode BTC immediately obviously, but there's another issue with BTC: These coins are finite. They also die when their wallets become inaccessible.

Quantum attacks against the cryptography behind the network can retrieve these dead coins, crashing the prices and destroying Bitcoin's value as a currency.

Quantum computers aren't a thing right now, but there's a certain entity with a blank check which has been getting really fucking interested in breaking the Internet these past 10 years. It is a field of intense research and will be a reality before the miners achieve consensus on what quantum-resistant algo to use.

Cryptocoins have a 15 year lifespan. Good luck.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-quantum_cryptography

they're already working on this

I know, user. Good luck convincing the mining cartels in time.

you're right, in a way.

there will be crypto resistant to this in a few years, but BTC will never upgrade before it gets blind sided by it

so i guess hold BTC now for 5 years, and use the gains to buy quantum resistant?

You've got it, champ.

This fear right here is why I never bought into crypto currency to begin with

Although I do wish I kept a few of the 20 or so I had when /b/ was trading them as a meme back in the day

Anything like that out now?

No. Quantum computing is in its infancy. Go read up on Shor's Algorithm and the Post-quantum Cryptography page that linked.

If I was Satoshi I think I'd just move the coins to a different wallet without selling any just to fuck with people.

those coins haven't moved in years

once a single coin comes out of there, people will know and the game is up

that's when the REAL panic selling will happen