>Before you ask yes im triggered

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rt8L62xNm6E
youtube.com/watch?v=vCJUDdEirco
youtube.com/watch?v=4ztOV2wrrkY&t=192s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because Norse>S*xons

Simple as that

I really liked The Last Kingdom but I had to watch it with subtitles b/c holy fuck those accents

Aka Amerifags
>Muh Vikhangz

Saxons>Danes

I don't know I prefer the last kingdom, perhaps the fact that Vikings premiered on tv.

TLK is watchable due to how dumb and campy it is. Vikings actually has thought out into it and some semblance of professional acting and direction. Neither should be watched for history and Vikings is objectively a better show.

Always hoped for a Warlord Chronicles adaption, but things like this make me fear for it. Or that it'd have to be made shite like Vikings.

This.
>tfw you won't see Lancelot hanged and given the women's death.

Shut your fucking mouth cunt.

We need more Yorkshire accents in tv too

It was not edgy and perverse enough.

Vikings is trash. Can't believe people like that pure shite.

>We want the Game of Thrones Audience

>more vikingshit rather than crusades

Last kingdom is ok. Vikings had some shark jumpy moments last season (ragnar doing heroin with yoko ono), but it ended well. The Last Kingdom had some absurd moments too. Like when the two friends are fighting to the death and they just stab some woman in a cage for the laughs, which would be alright if this was blackadder, but come on.

It was too edgy if anything
>Fucks his sister
>doesn't like the christian wimyn
>Gets good wife, beats up her freinds
>Fucks pagan sorceress, bad guy immediately leaves battlefield, chops her head off, and throws her head at main guy's feet leading to vikingrage.gif
riiiight

Do people still not get the drug thing? He was still sad about Athelstan and Laegertha and used the drugs to cope with his sadness. This tragically accelerates his downfall as king and makes his life even worse. It's one of the best parts of the whole show.

Normans > Saxons

C'est la vérité.

Well he's become the typical nordic type smack addict, if he lived today he'd be slinging biker meth.

>What is Knightfall?

youtube.com/watch?v=rt8L62xNm6E

This show has one of the DUMBEST protagonist you can ever find.

I was kind of liking the battle at the end of the season... until they broke the shield walls and it turned into hollywood melee.

An ok show tho.

>I'M UHTRED son of uhtred...

Vikings is a good show with a shitty story. The Last Kingdom is a good story with a shit show.

I just hope they keep going until old Uhtred fights at the Battle of Brunanburh.

Crusades right now would be boiled down to
>Le bad papaman manipulates everyone into attacking innocent Muslims who dindu nuffin

They should make one about the Varangians. Only way it is remotely interesting than another shitty northern europe setting where its all gloom and stinks of virtue signalling at times.

lel, try watching Peaky Blinders. My mom once walked into with me watching it and asked what language the show was in (We're American) then later my dad (who was born in Scotland) sat there for 5 mins and then walked out saying "I can't understand a fucking thing they're saying".

Shit costuming, shit plot, shit accuracy AND authenticity.

>implying normans would speak your frog tongue

They were both incredibly bad.

I'm going to watch the second season only in the hope that bad things will happen to Uthred.

>Anglos and saxons from Denmark conquers England
>Danes conquers England
>Norwegians and Danes settle in England and the British islands
>the normans, descendants from Nords, conquers England
Oh boy, the British island is basically Scandinavian.

it was even more ridiculous than vikings
youtube.com/watch?v=vCJUDdEirco

Sorry your family is retarded user

Why is the costuming on all these shows utter shit

Fucking half the soldiers had these massive felt hoods

Why would you ever wear those

Anglos and Saxons were invited and migrated as well as conquered
Danes did not 'conquer England' they held parts of it for times, usually NE which no one gave a fuck about anyway, same with Danelaw
Norman's were culturally French/Frankish at the time, and even genetically they were long intermingled with the local normans

>SQUARE PLANK BOARD SAXON SHIELDS
even Vikings is more authentic

>Saxons have to be taught how to form a shieldwall
>the fucking
>Saxons
>have to be taught how to form a shieldwall

>why is a BBC adaptation of a novel series, specifically made to fill up some time between Strictly, Dr Who and Bake Off, not as popular as a similar series that had a duck ton more budget and marketing thrown at it?

>triggered cockney

This pissed me off to no end, it's basic knowledge and could easily have been done as the vikings all have round shields.

so, while we are at it, how's The Bastard Executioner? being intended to give it a shot

Peaky Blinders is set in Birmingham not London so they not cockneys but brummies

More like

>christfags raid a land that isn't theirs because muh holy land and proceed to get btfo not one, not two, but three times

Nobody wants a story about the loser retards and nobody wants a story about the winner retards. In short, that's why there aren't many popular religious heroes, because even retards don't want to identify with retards.

Essential Barbarian Power List

Turkics > Mongolians > Slavs >>>> Power Gap >>>> S*mites >>>>>>>>> G*rmanics

>ywn fight alongside Angles, Normans, Franks, and Rus for the Emperor and be rewarded with the wealth of the Mediterranean before returning home to some cold shithole

The north-east (Bernician Northumbria) was the one part of the north that the Danes never conquered.

Hence the still relatively pure Angle dialect and accent there.

>Scandinavian and Germanic mean the same
What a retard

t.urk

>Veeky Forums hating on germanics
I guess every board on Veeky Forums needs some contrarianism

>autism
I happen to mention Germanic peoples that came from land within the Scandinavian borders. Do you need everything spelled out for you?

Pretty lousy. They may have done better with a longer run, but as is it starts of as a mess, and finishes as a clusterfuck. You can see the exact moment they found out it was canned and had to be wrapped up in a short space.

>that isn't theirs
But that's wrong?

Only Germanics wank over Germanics. Britons > all.

The acting is even worse. Plus, anglo saxons and "danes" aren't as sexy as "vikings"

Literally no one likes perdifious island frogs

>He hasn't seen the video
youtube.com/watch?v=4ztOV2wrrkY&t=192s

>t. Butthurt """"German"""" American

Because Americans have never heard of it.

It's actually even better than Game of Thrones.

It's based on true events for Christ's sake.

They're making S2, why do you care how popular it is?

Why are two of those saxons wearing scandinavian helmets?

> isn't theirs
It belonged to Byzantium far more than dirty muslims
> three times
They won the first and treaty'd the third. Saladin got btfo by a shitty englishman with a tiny army. Fuck off abdul

Popular culture is sold on "Muh Vikingz" culture.