His legacy

is he a top 5 president of all time?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_world_order_(politics)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Was he a president 25 or more years ago?

2 5 y e a r r u l e
y
e
a
r
r
u
l
e

who cares about the dumb 25 year rule

> 2016 was 25 years ago

Do you mean the worst?

>Barack Obamas presidency ended 25 years ago but he'll be president tomorrow.

TIME PARADOX
I
M
E

P
A
R
A
D
O
X

No I don't believe that's what he's asking.

>10 years ago was 5 years ago

butthurt whitenigger detected.

>By the time you finish this sentence, the rapid expansion of time means that 500 years will have past.

Was he a top president?

narrow minded white trash spotted

Obama was AT BEST severely incompetent.

>the first black president

thats it. thats going to be his legacy because even best case scenario for democrats is that Obama was extremely mediocre.

He was better than Reagan or Lincoln though.

wouldn't call him incompetent, just amazingly medicore. Obama's foreign policy is already unraveling and will be considered a failure in the future, his domsestic policy will probably just be rated as ok. In history textbooks years from now he will most likely be remembered as the first black president that was ultimately just another link (or the end) in a chain of bad presidencies. sage for not 25 years old

>Steps towards single payer healthcare
>Destroyed Osama and permanently damaged numerous terror organizations with drone strikes
>Stopped the economic decline and took some steps towards recovery (although obviously you could argue he didn't do enough)
It's not a lot, but most presidents have about the same amount of accomplishments. But yeah, he won't be top 5 or 10.

>mfw Russia releases the video of him pissing on prostitutes while wearing women's clothing a year into his presidency and he starts a nuclear war out of shame

>Reagan
Nope.

>Lincoln
I'll give him that. Obama definitely violated the Constitution less than Lincoln, despite his best efforts.

>neocons

>Implemented a terrible healthcare system that is about to be repealed anyway
>Oversaw the collapse of numerous countries in the Middle East which then descended into chaos and became hotbeds of terrorism, but he killed Osama so that apparently negates the massive expansion of terrorist activity
>Oversaw a recovery which was significantly slower than average

He will not have a good legacy, but wont be among the worst.

>he doesn't believe in a small, limited government

Faggot

>>Implemented a terrible healthcare system that is about to be repealed anyway
By autists who think something that kind of works should be replaced by something that doesn't work at all

>neocons
>limited government
nice mem

>tfw we will not have an orator as good as him again.
>tfw trump talks like a third grader.

2spooky4me m8.

Absolutely not, no. Most of this impression is due to positive media coverage on account of journalists' ideologies jibing with his. For example, imagine what the press coverage would have been like if a right-wing president, after taking substantial sums from health insurance companies during his election made purchasing health insurance into a law, and contrast that with how Obama was treated.

Overall he was extremely mediocre, just good at PR because he was young, could engage with funny maymays like 'thanks Obama' and had good delivery at white house press conferences. That's literally it.

I don't think any president was worse than Reagan

It didn't "kinda work" and wasn't really any better than the preceding system. At best, it got some people off their asses to get insurance that they had a hard time affording. It wasn't exactly a spectacular backfire as Republicans would have you believe but it was by no means particularly beneficial for the country.

I dont know why Reagan needs to either be fetishized or demonized. He wasn't the glorious president that Republicans masturbate over, but he was definitely pretty decent. Economic expansion and a strong foreign policy lead America to becoming the sole world superpower shortly after he left office. By no means brilliant, but he was pretty good.

No he's descent, some problems came up in his presidency, he fixed some and others not so much, he also created problems like the shit show Libya is in now. Not much better than Bush desu.

This.

>>Steps towards single payer healthcare

and his healthcare reform fell flate on its face right out of the gate and his promises of "you can keep the health care you already have!" and "the premiums wont go up!" were lies.

>>Destroyed Osama and permanently damaged numerous terror organizations with drone strikes

he swooped in and basically told the military to go ahead with an operation Bush had started. Not much of an accomplishment. And his meddling in the mid east and north africa has led to the rise of ISIS, an even more brutal terrorist group

>>Stopped the economic decline and took some steps towards recovery (although obviously you could argue he didn't do enough)

he bailed out the banks the moment he took office, betraying his supporters almost immediately and selling out and has done nothing to fix unemployment other than stop counting people not currently seeking employment as unemployed to artifically lower the number of unemployment just so it looks good on a spread sheet.

Obama fucking sucked user. Theres a reason his supporters and life long democrats voted for fucking Donald Trump over a fellow democrat who would have just been Obama 2.0 in terms of policy.

Im not american so I wont speak on his domestic policies

His foreign policy was utter shit tho

I thought foreigners loved Obama, at least thats what democrats always say.

>I dont know why Reagan needs to either be fetishized or demonized. He wasn't the glorious president that Republicans masturbate over, but he was definitely pretty decent. Economic expansion and a strong foreign policy lead America to becoming the sole world superpower shortly after he left office. By no means brilliant, but he was pretty good.

IMO Reagan is remembered fondly by conservative minded baby boomers and generation X as being a patriotic break from the anti-Americanism of the 1960s-70s. In retrospect his neo-liberalism might not have been such a good thing and many mistakes like granting millions of illegal aliens amnesty were mistakes.

He was definitely differentiated from the neoconservative new world order (in the political sense)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_world_order_(politics)

Presidents that came after him. By how much is kind of a mystery.

This so much

>has done nothing to fix unemployment other than stop counting people not currently seeking employment as unemployed to artifically lower the number of unemployment just so it looks good on a spread sheet.

Negro what. What the fuck are you talking about, have a source for your shit or don't make claims. Did you even go to Highschool.