Is Pastafarianism the Reddit of religions?

is Pastafarianism the Reddit of religions?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reductio_ad_absurdum
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

it's a cutting criticism of the notion that intelligent design should be taught in schools as a rival "theory" to evolution, it should not be applied to anything other than that one very narrow satire.

No it's the Neogaf of religions

Basically this, although calling it cutting criticism is a little generous

>cutting criticism
ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

>reductio ad absurdum
>"""cutting criticism"""
weeeewwww

creationism and itelleigent design themselves are absurd

>We believe the Flying Spaghetti Monster created the world much as it exists today, but for reasons unknown made it appear that the universe is billions of years old (instead of thousands) and that life evolved into its current state (rather than created in its current form). Every time a researcher carries out an experiment that appears to confirm one of these “scientific theories” supporting an old earth and evolution we can be sure that the FSM is there, modifying the data with his Noodly Appendage. We don’t know why He does this but we believe He does, that is our Faith.

How is that any different from young earth creationism?

>itelleigent
Oh the irony

YEC is completely insular and absurd to you and I, but so is the fallacy that you're calling a cutting criticism. Replacing words in an argument doesn't refute it--the same can be done with scientific theories, philosophical arguments, and so on. Spend your time actually refuting it instead of saying "xd dummy christards xddd"

What's the difference between intelligent design and "theistic" evolution?

It's good that you put theory in quotes because evolution isn't a theory, it's a myth

>>reductio ad absurdum
What's wrong with that?

>people will reply to this post seriously

This wiki article will probably put it in better words than I would care to: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reductio_ad_absurdum

He's saying its not cutting, dingus.

Subjective i guess
>logical argumentation technique used and recorded since ancient greece
So...?

cutting cringicsm more like

>reductio ad absurdum

Jesus fuck! Is this what all of the threads on Veeky Forums are like?! I'm just visiting, but the above is too cringy, even for me.

>Replacing words in an argument doesn't refute it
the argument is we're giving christianity a free pass because of tradition, without that it seems ridiculous

So its reddit.

lurk moar fucking newfag smdh

or just go back to r*ddit

Do people think reductio ad absurdum is a fallacy just because it's in Latin or something?

>the Reddit of religions
Either you are incredibly new or you're trolling.

An argument which has its origin in many geometrical proofs.

To use it shows at least a slight understanding of philosophy or mathematics and adds an element of solidity to your argument. Its impressive. I usually hear it with the 'argumentum' in front of the 'reductio ad absurdum'

It's not a real religion. It's a gag to point out the absurdity of religion and those who try to get it preached in schools.