Be Catholic

>be Catholic
>break the second and maybe even the first commandment every time you go to church

Tell me something Catholishits: why do you talk to Mary instead of God? Can God somehow not hear you? Do you think Mary will be more merciful for some reason?

Fuck the pope and fuck your entire heretical religion.

Other urls found in this thread:

ewtn.com/faith/teachings/maryc4.htm
proofthatgodexists.org
google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/acts-of-faith/wp/2016/04/21/my-wife-and-i-are-white-evangelicals-heres-why-we-chose-to-give-birth-to-black-triplets/?client=safari
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If idolatry is bad explain why God himself dwelt in an idol once.

No one prayed to the Ark

Idiot tripfag, stop making new threads for your dumb questions
""Praying"" to Mary involves asking her to "forward" your prayer to God. It's not praying to her as much as it is praying with her.
t. former catholic (one true denomination)

Reminder

lmao
> protestants
> a book say it's right so i'll believe everything in it

That's necromancy

>Call yourself "spookbuster"
>Complain about heretics.

I'd rather believe everything a book tells me than everything a pedophile tells me

When will this meme die

Just because God makes an exception to a rule he explicitly stated does not mean that the rule is invalid and we can do whatever we want.

Why don't you just ask God directly?

That's blasphemy.

It wasn't an exception
It did not violate the 2nd commandment. An image is made an idol by religious use.

its also what protestants believe

And communion is [a representation of] cannibalism.

Respect to her, and she apparently likes to "forward" these prayers.

Praying to Saints and Angels has been a part of the Christian religion since the very begging. Unless you want to make the argument that every single church father who created the relgion was wrong, you have no argument.
/thread

>Praying to Saints and Angels
Where is that in the bible again?

Where is sola scriptura in the bible again?

No, your maligning of the Bible is blasphemy

>she apparently likes to "forward" these prayers
says who?

Anyway that sounds quite a bit like breaking the first commandment to me...

Where is sola scriptura in the bible again?

2 Timothy 3:16-17

>every single church father who created the relgion was wrong

bingo

the only "church father" who matters is Jesus

Nothing in there implies sola scriptura you illiterate fuckwit

maligning how? How do you know what's in the bible is true?

Says my old priest, he probably knows more than you.

>Anyway that sounds quite a bit like breaking the first commandment to me...
Fun fact: it's not

Nothing in there implies sola scriptura you illiterate fuckwit

"All scripture is God-breathed ... so that the man of God may be complete, fully equipped for every good work."
Yeah, that doesn't sound like scriptural sufficiency at all

How about you learn to read links?

proofthatgodexists.org

Leave

>ewtn.com
That doesn't look like a bible verse

>sola scriptura = """scriptural sufficiency"""
Making up bullshit because you know its retarded?

Sola Scriptura is the doctrine that scripture is the sole infallible rule of faith for the church. If scripture is sufficient, then nothing else is needed.

>Too unconfident in your opinions to venture on ewtn
kys

So it's no where in the bible?

Ps. 103:20-21
Ps. 148:1-2
Rev. 5:8
Rev. 8:3-4
Matt. 18:10
1 Tim. 2:5
1 Tim. 2:1-4
Jas. 5:16

>buckshot
Give me one so I can respond to it

This thread is for Christians, begone atheist scum

You're holding another god up before God. It literall is.

Fuck off lazy cretin. I'm not making it easier for you.

i never said i was atheist? you have a problem with supporting your claims?

Catholics are as spooked as they come

Their spook makes them blind to their own heresy, which enslaves them to the pope and to the spook itself.

Not only do those in heaven pray with us, they also pray for us. In Revelation, John sees that "the twenty-four elders [the leaders of the people of God in heaven] fell down before the Lamb, each holding a harp, and with golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints" (Rev. 5:8). Thus the saints in heaven offer to God the prayers of the saints on earth.
Angels do the same thing: "[An] angel came and stood at the altar [in heaven] with a golden censer; and he was given much incense to mingle with the prayers of all the saints upon the golden altar before the throne; and the smoke of the incense rose with the prayers of the saints from the hand of the angel before God" (Rev. 8:3-4).

"Protestant" can mean anything

I am a protestant, but I don't believe that. I just don't think the pope has authority so I worship on my own.

Checkmate.

No, that's not how it works. Both myself and Catholicism in general have addressed this, and it's nobody's fault but your own that you're too stupid to understand it.

didn't find it convincing
didn't let me answer the questions in the way I wanted, and jumped way too far at the end

You expect me to write a wall of text for you?
>Rev. 8:3-4
And another angel came and stood at the altar with a golden censer, and he was given much incense to offer with the prayers of all the saints on the golden altar before the throne, and the smoke of the incense, with the prayers of the saints, rose before God from the hand of the angel.
Where is the indication these prayers were from people on earth to the angels?

>implying the people who helped write and construct the book that gives you your knowledge of the godhead got it wrong

well if you don't believe the bible you're certainly not Christian. Please remove yourself.

>plugs ears
>I'm right and ur 2 stoopid 2 understand lalala

No, I already explained it, you just refuse to accept it. Perhaps you're afraid that your only arguments against Catholicism are crumbling?

If your too stupid to interpret what's right in front of your face, I don't know what to tell you. I guess sola scriptura isn't good enough when it contradicts your protestant world view.

>why don't you accept it when I twist scripture
>my scripture twisting is the same as scripture
fuck off papist

>I have no argument
Fuck off proddie

So it's nowhere in the bible then?

See

>if you answer anything the way you're not supposed to it just loops
>think about it :^)

See

Do you understand the communion of the saints at all my man?

Not an argument.

Seems to me that the only reason you pray to Mary instead of directly to God is to respect her.

This sounds suspiciously like worshiping a god. This is blasphemy.

Unless there's a reason to pray to Mary instead of giving all your veneration to God Himself, I'm afraid you're a heretic.

>no
Le proddie clown theology hour

google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/acts-of-faith/wp/2016/04/21/my-wife-and-i-are-white-evangelicals-heres-why-we-chose-to-give-birth-to-black-triplets/?client=safari

I've been following this conversation and I have to say you're probably right

How can I become protestant?

The most extreme form of cucking

>literally doing what jesus did is now bad

The doctrine of the communion of saints is based on 1 Corinthians 12, where Paul compares Christians to a single body. Bishops have the authority to lead a diocese.

The words translated into English as "saints" can refer to Christians, who, whatever their personal sanctity as individuals, are called holy because they are consecrated to God and Christ. This usage of the word "saints" is found some fifty times in the New Testament.

The Heidelberg Catechism defends this view, citing Romans 8:32, 1 Corinthians 6:17 and 1 John 1:3 to claim that all members of Christ have communion with him, and are recipients of all his gifts.

The persons who are linked in this communion include those who have died and whom Hebrews 12:1 pictures as a cloud of witnesses encompassing Christians on earth. In the same chapter, Hebrews 12:22-23 says Christians on earth "have come to Mount Zion, and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to innumerable angels in festal gathering, and to the assembly of the firstborn who are enrolled in heaven, and to a judge who is God of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect."

wow, a wikipedia search away from not being retarded!

Repent and believe for the kingdom of God is at hand

>>literally doing what jesus did is now bad
When did Jesus kiss muslim feet?
>Bishops have the authority to lead a diocese.
In the bible there is no difference between bishops and presbyters

Why do people still fall for the meme that Jesus died for every man, when the bible says He died only for the elect?

S E M A N T I C S

E M A N T I C S

M A N T I C S

A N T I C S

N T I C S

T I C S

I C S

C S

S

>ignoring the biblical proof of intercession of saints to comment on your image of Pope Francis
Protestants everyone.

You fags are arguing about the details of the content of a book, of course it's gonna be about semantics.

>the biblical proof of intercession of saints
I'm still waiting for it

>sola scriptura fag
>admits semantics change meaning of Bible
Perhaps we can avoid semantics by having tradition and councils have some role decoding the meaning of scripture? Novel idea, right?
Kys

Why do Catholics believe this?

I don't give a shit about the details. Polytheism is polytheism is polytheism, and it has no place in Christianity.

Stay spooked, cathilocucks

Scripture is perfectly clear. Perhaps the lack of biblical warrant for your false doctrine should startle you?

When did I mention sola scriptura?

>Christian
>spouting Stirner memes
pick exactly one.

>Christian
>Catholic
Pick exactly one.

Except for all the biblical warrant in this thread that you refused to acknowledge like the pre-teen you are?

See

Because why would angels hand prayers of saints in heaven to God?

Perhaps the angels were praying with dead saints?

>Catholics
>heretics
Woah now, you're starting to sound like a Protestant

ITT: Total Autism

It says they were holding harps filled with incense, which is the prayers of the saints. Making it clear they "offered" the prayers to God.

>True Christian
>Protestant
I think you know what to do now.

No, what it makes clear is this is worship of God. Where does it say they offered the prayers?

Catholics aren't Christian

>In Revelation, John sees that "the twenty-four elders [the leaders of the people of God in heaven] fell down before the Lamb, each holding a harp, and with golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints" (Rev. 5:8). Thus the saints in heaven offer to God the prayers of the saints on earth.Angels do the same thing: "[An] angel came and stood at the altar [in heaven] with a golden censer; and he was given much incense to mingle with the prayers of all the saints upon the golden altar before the throne; and the smoke of the incense rose with the prayers of the saints from the hand of the angel before God" (Rev. 8:3-4).

None of you are Christian.
Real Christianity died with the secret teachings of Jesus, suppressed and destroyed by the paganized early Church.
But now the scrolls from the Dead Sea and Nag Hammadi have been recovered, and the truth is plain for all to see.

>None of you are Christian.Real Christianity died with the secret teachings of Jesus, suppressed and destroyed by the paganized early Church.But now the scrolls from the Dead Sea and Nag Hammadi have been recovered, and the truth is plain for all to see.
If you actually read these scrolls you'll find most protestants would accuse them of "paganism" as their was quite the emphases on spiritual beings such as Angels.

>i've been refuted
>i'll just paste Catholic propaganda

The 24 elders holding a harp filled with golden "bowels of incense", which IS THE PRAYERS OF THE SAINTS"
rev 5:8

Are you mentally retarded?

Revelation 5:8New International Version (NIV)
8And when he had taken it, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb. Each one had a harp and they were holding golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of God’s people.

Your calling scripture Catholic propaganda? Is this real? Are you baiting or legit this stupid?