Chinese Diaspora

What has been the relationship between China and the Diaspora Chinese? Do the Chinese overseas still consider themselves to have an affinity with China like with Jewish communities overseas and Israel?

Humanities was a mistake post on int

No. Most of these overseas communities despise the PRC due to their destruction of traditional Chinese culture.

Outside of Asia, the PRC is looked at unfavourably. Within Asia, the Chinese have been a hated minority outside of China, so naturally a lot of folks threw in their lot with their local communist parties.

>destruction of traditional Chinese culture
You mean modernization?

Controversially chinks may not be the borg, so they may have varying views depending on their upbringing and family history.

Just like jews. People tend to forget there are alot of jews who are critical of israel

in my experience the chinese who live around me, in the midwest are ones that left due to persecution. Most are christians who wanted to practice their faith in peace and resent the government but dont mind other Chinese people.

>be Jewish
>critical of Israel
>other Jews never, ever, ever understand

chinese people here are resented for buying up all the houses and driving porsche cayenne's like absolute madmen.

>What has been the relationship between China and the Diaspora Chinese?
I don't know but the relationship between qt Chinese girls and European men has been fantastic.

B L E A C H E D
Sissy asian bois just can't compete

why don't they understand?

Both of them consider the other to be somehow less than "real Chinese".

Mainlanders think Chinese overseas are too distant from their roots.

Chinese overseas look at shit like the Cultural Revolution and the stereotypically disgusting behavior of noveau riche Mainlander tourists and want nothing to do with them.

Jews who hate Israel still hate the West and actively seek to pervert and destroy it.

Kind of awkward, and probably really diverse. The guy who owns the asian grocery store I go to for banh mis is like 10th generation chinese-cambodian and asked my chinese friend why he was buying japanese food one time, out of no where.

I wish I had a good answer, but it's almost always them just getting in hysterics over how evil Hamas is.

Like, yes, Hamas is bad. It also makes total sense why they exist and the way that Israel has tried to respond and rebuff them makes the Iraq war look like a fucking miraculous success. The settlements are also fucking stupid.

tfw no jewish friend to introduce me to qt big titted jewesses

how do i survive this?

But /int/ sucks.

If you can take Veeky Forumsposting, you can take /int/ posting, since there's no appreciable difference.

>chinks may not be the borg

>bring up Tibet/Taiwan/SouthChinaSea/Communism
Thats how you turn on the borg mode.

Not for overseas Chinese.

I'm speaking only to overseas Chinese. Think Olympics debacle. The huge amount of nationalism coming from overseas Chinese surprised me quite a bit.

Does China have a law of return? Can ethnic Chinese request Chinese citizenship?

Youre fucking retarded

Diasporic Chinese are massive pussies. They're the only group to almost unilaterally 'Westernise' their names by the second generation, try so hard to fit in and self-hate that it looks embarrassing

To answer your question though it depends on the group. The immigrants that went to the West after Tiananmen came poor but were allowed entry from vetting to prove they were educated, and most Chinese-Americans or whatever who can speak English fluently and are whitewashed are children of them. These people left for a better life and are generally cynical of the PRC, and most of them are upper-middle class professionals; they also want to whitewash their children which is obviously in conflict with being loyal to the mainland. These people and their children are the biggest demographic. More recent immigrants include a lot of temporary university students who want better credentials that almost always stay in cliques with other Chinese people and want nothing to do with the West other than to get their credentials and go back to China, and the final and most detestable group are the rich, tax-evading and corrupt cunts who funnel their wealth into the West and create property bubbles, these people have neither allegiance nor to sympathy nor China but only to wealth like other multimillionaires in the world

Not ethnic but birthright. If you were born in China with recent legislation you're much more able to attain Chinese citizenship, but if you were born overseas like lots of second-gen Chinese immigrants then you'll have to go through the process that all the English teacher memes do probably even more work because those fuckers get less stress by the Chinese bureaucracy because theyre huwhite

Most of the old Chinatowns overseas in North America are overwhelmingly populated by people from Guangdong and Hong Kong; they speak Cantonese instead of Mandarin and don't tend to get along as well with the newer wave of immigrants from the rest of mainland China due to cultural differences and political tensions.

Mainlanders like are faggots that no one likes

In the Dutch East Indies/Southwestern Borneo were several Chinese diaspora trade republics that payed tribute to the Qing. While they were claimed by the Dutch they continued to enjoy Imperial protection until the Emperor got shafted and they were formally annexed in 1911

That sounds similar to Malaysia and Singapore, where the massive Chinese populations there are largely descended from Hokkien, Cantonese, and Hakka speakers from southern China who traveled to work the plantations and mines under the British Empire. Many of them are ambivalent or dismissive of mainland Chinese as greedy and unscrupulous.

It's worth noting though many of the current generation of Chinese in those places do not speak their parents and grandparents dialects well or even at all since only Mandarin is formally taught in the school system, they do however speak Mandarin with a noticeable accent inherited from their parents, which unlike the northern Beijing accent you hear from "official" Mainland China doesn't sound like choking on a bag of dicks but can sound sloppy in some places.

What are the major cultural differences between the Cantonese/other Chinese and the Mandarin speaking immigrants?

fuck all chinks

So..... they consider themselves to have an affinity with China.

>which unlike the northern Beijing accent you hear from "official" Mainland China doesn't sound like choking on a bag of dicks but can sound sloppy in some places.

You know nothing. Kill yourself ignorant.

>This map shows the overseas Chinese today
>Biggest circle blankets China

Obvious American is obvious.

Beijing accent sounds like a fucking comedy pirate.

I think it's centered on Taiwan?

Southern dialects sound like shit, deal with it. Central places like nanjing wouldn't be so bad if it didn't sound like they were mumbling all the time.

"Cantonese sounds like dogs being boiled"

We all have our own subjective experiences. Chill the fuck out.

It's still silly. Taiwan is still called the Republic of China.

At least southerners open their mouths instead of talking from the back of their throats.

It's better understood as civilizational pride.

The "national" government is only ever understood as a caretaker for the civilization. They may hate the current government but they still feel loyalty and love for their own kind.

>a caretaker for the civilization
Like when the Mongols took over and the Chinese just carried on being Chinese?