Not making money off margin traders

>not making money off margin traders

what am i looking at here?

poloniex margin lending, you provide funds for people to use on margin trades. Since their margin position gets closed if they are at risk of losing the margin you wont lose your coins.

Another noob here.

So basically, if you plan on holding your coins, you might as well lend them to margin traders?

Isn't it like you need to have a pretty large sum to get at least some visible profit?

It's what people who can't trade for shit do. Here's how it works

OP lends his 1 btc to user
Anon opens a margin position and makes 20% profit using that 1 btc
He returns the 1 btc and keeps his 0.2 btc

OP makes 0.001btc

Wasn't this huge adjustment what people were worried about with lending? I bet there were some serious wallets caught up in loans while the price dropped. Imagine having tens, if not hundreds, of thousand of dollars locked into a 2 day loan while the price of btc headed for the floor. Hella good while the price is stable tho. I had a couple of loans locked in for 60 days at the equivilant of 400% per annum.

>not making even more money margin trading

can I lose my coins or not?

yes, you just need to trust the exchange
too risky, if it goes south so will your dream of being a crypto millonaire, i doubt you can easily buy some back without spending lots of money.

only if the exchange gets goxxed, people who use your loans will get their margin position closed if the margin loan is at risk of being lost.

>+0.14% profit in 2 days
>making money

Just buy WAVES and lease it from the safety of your wallet instead. You get ~1% interest per week.

i consider putting 10 bitcoin into this, that would be 3 free bitcoin in a year, but its polo so...

how does that work, sounds intersting

Its not even worth it at that rate, ESPECIALLY CONSIDERING THEY CANT FIX WITHDRAWAL ISSUES AND HAVE WEIRD BUGS FOR WEEKS NOW JUST LOOK AT THE CHATBOX IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS AT ALL YOU ARE COMPLETELY FUCKED FOR MONTHS

Seriously, a gain of 0.0014 BTC over two days for a 1 BTC deposit is a rather uninspiring thing.

Maybe good for pajeets.

i see it as a way to increase my bitcoin holdings for the next bull rush

It's only marginally worthwhile above .1%

I had a few days of lending at 1% - now thats JUICY

You make more money in 1 daytrade than 2 days of lending

>keeping money with poloniumX
enjoy your gains till they exit scam

Did this with 7 btc when rates were like 0.4% - 1% for a couple of days, isn't worth keeping your coins on a scammy exchange for smaller percentages

For BTC the interest rates are on average 0.2% per day.

If you take 1BTC and achieve an average daily lending rate of 0.2% for 100 days and re-invest the interest into lending you'll end up with approx 1.22BTC

I would prefer this method over active trading. But I don't trust any exchange with my money. Especially not in the long term.

you are the pajeet. only pajeets ignore compounding interest.

stay poor illiterate poorfag

answered the wrong one. answer was aimed at

>1.22BTC over 100 days
shit you may as well be a nocoiner lmao

Like a month ago I was getting better rates at .45, but now the lending is flooded by low raters. It isn't worth it anymore.

I never use all my coins to trade, so instead of getting nothing you can lend them for free passive income

>22% ROI for some measly 100 days
Seriously, bloke, there exist some much better ways to increase your starting capital

Tell us user, I'm interested