ITT: History's worst politicians

ITT: History's worst politicians.

>we missed out on the Gaelic supremacist ethnostate that Collins wanted and instead got Dev's pissy Anglophile theocracy
It's not fair lads

>History's worst politicians
>Posts one of the best politicians to have walked this earth

Umm, I suggest you take a closer look at the picture and read what it says on it...

>non-gaelic surnamed politicians being prime movers
I know he didn't have direct involvement in Collins' death but he was a slimey rat cunt all the same tae bae honest

>he killed many people
>thats bad
>muhkillingisunjustified.jpg
go kys edgy teen

why are you calling him the edgy one tankie

/thread

Hold me, lad.

>spend centuries fighting to free your country from British rule
>immediately hand over the keys to Rome
I wish he'd been executed after 1916

>blaming Lord North for having a literally insane retard king to work for
C'mon

this tbqh

>Based Lion of Damascus in highest tier

But wasn't de valera on the anti-treaty side? How can be anglophile when he fought for full self determination as an independent republic rather than a dominion in the commonwealth?

>Hoxha
>Destroyed Albania
Albania was literally third world before communist rule.

Granted it's still a massive shithole, but at least it can claim to be on par with the rest of the Balkans rather than being Africa-tier.

>Get elected to rule one of the top 3 wealthiest countries in the world, a free market, well-educated First World nation with an economy similar to Canada or Australia
>Promote unions, nationalizations and big government
>Scare away investment
>Nationalize the Central Bank creating rampant inflation (Before Peron it had averaged 2% annually between 1810 and 1945, a world-class good record)
>Jail opposition politicians
>Shut down newspapers
>Habour the worst Nazi war criminals, all of them except Kurt Tank of no technical value for the country
>Get the population addicted to gibs
>Squander record gold reserves earned from trading during the World Wars
>Get overthrown by a coup
>Escape to Spain
>Promote left-wing terrorists from your hideout in Spain
>30 years on his terrorists had caused such a mess the country allows him to run for elections again so they would stop
>Win elections again
>"Sorry guys I'm still a fascist I was only pretending to be left-wing to use you"
>Create "Triple A" anti-communist death squads to hunt down your far left former supporters
>Die leaving your Vice-President cabaret dancer wife with no schooling (really) as your successor
>Country is ruined forever
This fucking guy.

>"The Bolsheviks are agitating for another revolution, time to imprison more conservative military officers. What could possibly go wrong? No enemies to the left!"

>killing is always bad
found the teenager

>Napoleon III
Shit list by default, kill yourself for even posting it.

The thread is about if he was a good politician, not if he was a good person. Fuck off back to HS

Argentina was already in pretty bad shape

Not really.

1930 coup broke a 70-year long record of continual Constitutional government, fucking up our politics, but economically the country was doing very well.

If President Ortiz had not resigned from diabetes two years into his government (1940), then we would have joined the Allies, resumed democratic rule of law (both were always his intentions on every speech he gave), and followed a normal Western-nation path.

But he died, there was no clear leadership, more coups followed and Peron got his hands on the labour ministry from where he gained popularity, won a power-base, won the elections and ruined the country forever.

He led to a cycle of political instability and coups in the Cold War that destroyed the country's institutions and stagnated the economy.

Here, I fixed my chart, the years were marked wrong. You can see how the economy breaks away from the Western economies trend when Peron comes to power, how it stagnates, and how it goes to shit by the time Peron's widow is removed from power in 1976.

>commodus that low
>putin is on the list at all

PRO-TREATY FAGS GET OUT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Stanislaw II
>having any say in important matters whatsoever
>having enough say in important matters to be able to actually fuck up the already fucked up country

yeah, I don't think so mate

>muh 60 billion trillion

you are so basic stupid tankie shit

I bet you think Hitler was a bad politician, too. Fuclking educate yourself. SJW trash.

>history's worst politicians
probably some city councilman or mayor that nobody has every heard of because they never managed to gain any support, not somebody that got to the highest levels in government then did a bad job or fucked up once they got there

>Obama
>Fucked up the economy
... How?

autism

>stupid tier
>i don't like these guys so ill put them here
dumb

Dev wanted a politically free Ireland but didn't really care too much about how culturally similar Ireland had been made to England. Collins wanted cultural freedom before political freedom.

also
>merkel and hollande in the same tier as kim, mussolini, lenin, khomeini

Good politician = able to gain, consolidate, and hold power. Increases the strength of his government.

Bad politician = Weak, irrelevant. The government loses clout.

Stalin took full control of the Kremlin, purged all of his opposition, won a war against the Nazis, and held power until he died. You can make normative statements about "good vs. evil" but it doesn't really matter, he was an effective politician and probably the most effective one of the 20th century.

Hard to compare an authoritarian ruler to politicians in true democracies like the US or UK though. It probably takes way more political talent to succeed in a place like that than Russia.

>Bashar al-Assad
>Ivan IV
>Hollande
>Cleopatra
>Castro
>Charles XII
>Erdogan
>Putin
>Pierre Trudeau

>Good politicians expand the state!

t. soc dem liberals

What's the point of having a Celtic supremacist state when you all speak Anglo anyway?

Oh, Hitler was a brillant politician. As the "GröFaZ" he was trash however. There was also the problem of him being a drugged up, irrational and simply bonkers war romanticist.

Alcibiades was right about literally everything. Jealous Athenian politicians fucked it all up when the fabricated a bunch of heresy charges against their most capable leader.

a guid qusten tae bae soor

Is Muhammad II's picture Ghengis Khan on purpose?

>Charles XII of Sweden
>Stupid tier
Absolutely correct, it really baffles me how our local stormfags herald him as some sort of hero when he really just fucked our shit up like a total disgrace

>Merkel
>disaster tier
Refugees meme aside (Germany actually goes full anti-refugees now), she is a good leader.

Putin is pretty stupid, what's wrong with putting him on the list

That's the point. Collins wanted to discourage the use of English and encourage the use of Irish. He said that until Irish took precedence over English and Irish culture took precedence over general Anglo western culture, Ireland wouldn't really be a country in its own right.

>putting obama but not the guy who's shit he had to clean up

Jefferson Davis.

Stalin
Hitler
Chamberlain

no question

found the basement dwelling autist who unironically believes killing is kool

Well, I'm sorry that Peronismo is still a thing there.

he was responsible for hitler's rise

McCarthy. The commie hunter made a laughingstock out of any actual attempts to find Soviet spies.

Putin isn't stupid, but he may fall into disaster-tier in the future when things fall apart.

I don't understand why De Valera has such a bad rep.

The Brits had a hard time negotiating with him, and the probably one of the staunchest Anti-anglos of his time. Plus I don't get this Anti-Catholic bashing about him, Ireland back then was a very Catholic country, unlike now. Plus the 37 Irish constitution is probably one of the best constitutions ever drafted in any history of a Republic.

Too bad you Micks bought the anglo bait and ruined your country.

>Obama

*tips*

>we need to pick either the Franco-Russian bloc or the British empire
>nah, let's just go to war with everybody