MULTI BILLION DOLLAR IDEA COMING THROUGH

Have a revolutionary idea:

A device on your house door, where you lay your finger on it and it unlocks the door.

This technology has existed for a long while now, but the only household fingerprint scanners that exist are these expensive guys:

amazon.com/iTouchless-Bio-Matic-Fingerprint-Right-Silver/dp/B000PELUAU

My idea is this incredibly affordable thing, where the deadbolt will be replaced with a thumb print activated deadbolt. Could be sold for like less than $60.

That way, you'll have your lower physical key activated door knob that you'll (rarely need to use but it'll be there) as well as the upper thumb activated deadbolt that'll be the new normal

So basically finally, deadbolts will have a use and not just used by your paranoid roommate/mom

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=baio0qUj2Lk
apartmenttherapy.com/kwikset-keyless-fingerprint-sc-51559
biometricupdate.com/201705/stanley-security-to-offer-eyelock-iris-biometric-access-control-solutions-to-north-american-customers
patents.google.com/?q=G07C9/00563
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

brb stealin this idea

sure hope you patented that before you posted it here.

>retarded

I'f rather have my keys stolen, than someone cutting off my hand.

Oh; why was it again that you dont put your name or phonenumber (let alone address) on your keys?

It was so that if you lose keys, they couldnt be tight to you, wasnt it?

How so? This thing could be a fucking worldwide thing easily.

I was gunna /diy/ this for my own home but if someone wants to steal it feel free.

Basically instead of having 1 key to open your door you have 3 point verification. For instance you can use:
>physical key
>keypad code
>fingerprint scanner
>facial recognition
>cell phone or SMS confirmation

Basically you'd need any 3 of those things listed above to unlock your door. So if you forget or loose one, you'll likely have the others. And if some crook gets a hold of one of those, it's unlikely they'll obtain 3.

What?

Trip auth to get in your house? Pants shitting and rape skyrockets.

also it should be noted most of those happen with no input from the person. Like cellphone and facial recognition can happen automatically when you're in range. So to the outside observer it looks like you're just using 1 to unlock your door.

Ah, yeah to cut down on costs though I'm gonna be hyped for my idea.

A one-trick thumb scanning deadbolt. Second option is already there down below as the door knob, so no need for any extra costs on the manufacturer or the consumer - just the deadbolt

The major hurdle is like okay, all we have to do is find a way for consumers to have confidence in removing the ecistinf deadbolt and replacing it with ours

Some might be cheap and easy, others might be an expensive damage risk

Ok so what if your walking down the street and someone is getting beat up, so you go help them out but your a weakfag and you get beat to the point a scanner can't recognize you and your cell has been stolen. While your limping back home in shame, You see a bar is on fire so you run in to save a bunch of drunk /r9k/'s but your a woman so they toss you in the fire to save themselves thusly burning your hands so bad the fingerprint wont work.

What then bro?

Oh kind of like this? Seriously, all obvious inventions like this already exist.

>youtube.com/watch?v=baio0qUj2Lk

you know thats not how biometrics work right?

if you're having that kind of day

I'd suggest you break a 2nd story window in your home, use a ladder to climb up into the window, then jump back out the window cause that's a REALLY shitty day.

This. the best way to make money is to take someone else's invention and rebrand it. Bonus points if it's not patented or copyrighted anymore.

and yet the universe dictates the fact that I've thought about it has now added it to reality somewhere. F

apartmenttherapy.com/kwikset-keyless-fingerprint-sc-51559

LOL $200 BRO

Nobody is going to buy that, which is why nobody has

Look at the other side, too. Ugly as duck and too complicated

My idea would sell for $30-60. Programmable with a smart phone

You could probably steal market share from Stanley Security and Black & Decker hardware. Do some dropshipping amiright?

biometricupdate.com/201705/stanley-security-to-offer-eyelock-iris-biometric-access-control-solutions-to-north-american-customers

Unless you live in a top secret Men in Black facility no one is cutting your damn hand off to get in your house, not that it'd even work anyway.

You do the same thing you would do if you had lost your keys on a normal lock. Break in.

The only people that would hack a thumb scanner door lock are the ones crazy enough to do something on a a big mansion, which isn't the target demographic anyway

Wrong, that reality existed long before it was thought up by anyone. Although, the fact that you're now aware of it means that it's become part of your inner-reality.

Infinite universes. There's a reality where u fucked ur mom. You're now aware of it, and it's part of your inner-reality. Enjoy.

useless fucking nigger

congratulations, you're now a half-millionaire!

You will become rich fag

kill yourself

can that person really be said to be you?
I don't even believe I'm the same person I was yesterday. I have that person's memories, their history, their habits, but every day it's like we're being born as a new person. If I'm not the same person today that I was 15 years ago, or 10 years ago, or last year, or even yesterday. Then how can it be said that person is in anyway related to me?

you idiot you could have been a millionaire by now

Kek

quick! post your addresses here to receive coins, you got fucking quads in this thread, while 100+ people tried to get quads in a begger's thread

>Tfw when he left and will never know what he missed

Ayyyyy

>MULTI BILLION DOLLAR IDEA COMING THROUGH

we already know.

There was a reality where you didn't waste these quads on a shitpost and got a half million dollars. Too bad for you it wasn't this one.

replying to the wrong post but I'll take any BTC you throw my way
1PjChy3TudPCmx2cpfwWdirYJFoWHzt7iG

I have no idea what's going on.
1PepeXrrsPwDYRxmcuzcnNKaBQvRAfZJNy

i like you:

1Pk8VAJ7A3G97tAHunw9qdp1GGeFfUajNs

What if I just smash a window and get in that way tho

>fry the circuits
>their house is locked forever

gonna patent this on monday, thx cuck

Hey retard, your idea is effectively trounced by autosensing locks that will open once you are close and possess some device that emits frequency, aka your fucking phone.

How does it feel to be out thought? I literally don't have to do anything, my door locks when I'm away and opens when I'm close.

what if you do the finger print thing on the handle though?

til tyrone comes up and jacks your phone nigga then he got yo house keys

there's 1,524 patents classified under "Individual entry or exit registers - using personal physical data of the operator, e.g. finger prints, retinal images, voicepatterns"

patents.google.com/?q=G07C9/00563

i could just as easily lift your fingerprint from your doorknob or any other common places you might touch with your bare hands, and rob you just like that

if you really want to invest in a booming business RFID locks for businesses and private use is a better idea

nice quads faggot

there is a alternate reality where i fucked your sister and we are currently living in it

Seeing as this already exists, OP, your only potential business angle is decent branding and marketing for a start=up company that installs these. You'll probably want to portray the company as a security company instead of just locks so you can expand. Sit down and write a realistic three to five year projected balance sheet and cash flow statement, and make your goal five years from now to have your employees installing multiple security devices instead of you, a chartered accountant handling the company's finances instead of you, and a reliable person who can act as a manager to run the company. Your aim, IMO, ought to be to reducing the work you do to zero so you can focus on other ventures and the only role you play being the expansion of the security company.