Does anyone else find it annoying how you can't have a reasonable discussion about ww2, much less the Nazis...

Does anyone else find it annoying how you can't have a reasonable discussion about ww2, much less the Nazis, without normies automatically jumping to the Holocaust and resorting to emotional disdain on the subject?

I find the Nazi Germany to be a fascinating subject that goes far beyond "They killed jews wtf" and people look at you to be a sociopath or racist if you don't say you hate Nazis and move on from the subject.

>Aren't I so fucking unique and edgy? I'm so unaffected and thick skinned. Please jerk me off.

This surface level interaction you describe is why I don't talk to normies

Pretty much. I mean I'm not a Nazi, but goddamn do I love talking about their political doctrine.

I study ww2 and have even written a few articles for small time history magazines about the subject. I have never encountered this, or been treated with disdain or suspicion because I don't say I hate Nazis and move on from the subject, and instead try to explain what they did and what their motivations were to the best of my (limited) ability. Neither have I personally seen people attempt to steer the conversation towards the holocaust as a way of demonizing the Nazis if the subject was about something else they were doing.

Don't forget other side that is all about how Nazis were uber effective technocrats based of science, philophical wisdom with eternal moral compasse.

Nice post dude
I'm sure it doesn't happen at a higher educational level where people are mature enough to talk about Nazi Germany. It honestly still does happen though, sadly

Or the 14 year olds who think it's funny to make fun of the subject because they have an "edgy humor"

Pretty much.

The truth is that normies don't know anything about WW2 other than the general muh holocaust.
The ones that do hear it all from Allied perspective and generations of propaganda, I remember myself. I never question why the Nazis were fighting, it took maturity and breaking down the history I've been taught.

I think you also have to experience life for yourself to understand what is which was lost when the Allies won. You have to experience the decadence and the immorality embedded in society for yourself and see how far we have fallen in the West.

That's because the Nazis weren't reasonable. It was a cult-like organization led by a deranged dictator. Naturally what you're saying isn't even true. There is much more to this regime than just the holocaust.

The fuck? Interest in nazis is normie tier, it's on the same level as interest in serial killers/

>I think you also have to experience life for yourself to understand what is which was lost when the Allies won. You have to experience the decadence and the immorality embedded in society for yourself and see how far we have fallen in the West.

And you were doing so well up until that point

>if you don't say you hate Nazis and move on from the subject.
From my experience, when you stay unbiased yourself you can expect unbiased conversation. Once you start rehabilitating those fags, well...

>without normies automatically jumping to the Holocaust
Atrocities (of which Holocaust is merely a small part) and war are only noteworthy deeds of the Hitlers horde. Rest are niche subjects, you should disscus only with people who are a bit more interested in history than your average American.

Punk rawk did it first

I mean the Holocaust happened. I love everything about the Nazi's but I can't defend them with the Holocaust and everything.

Veeky Forums is literally wehraboo central

>nazis

>not disgustingly decadent

Also
>Hating capitalists

Quite the opposite for me my friends and their Normie friends can have engaging conversations about historical events and nations like the nazi's without conflict. I mean in a personal attempt for historical standpoints for me it is important to stay neutral on history and I usually emphasize this in our rhetoric by bringing up ideas that there are usually not just one "good guy" in history/conflict and both sides have ways of justifying what they do.

Lmao what are you on about.

Normies are the ones shitposting 24/7 about nazi germany.

>implying normies aren't the ones that cry for and console Jewish people when the Holocaust is brought up
>implying it isn't raging autists who post here that Heil Hitler and love nazi symbols because it's edgy

I do. Whats did you want to say?

I rather the over-emotional rhetoric when discussing the nazis to the dismissiveness of human suffering when discussing communist regimes.