30 years war thread

The anti-habsburgs were the good guys right?

And more specifically Sweden was the hero of the war right?

Why does everyone always like to shit on Austria when they saved Europe from itself?

t. Sven Svenson

Fuck! how did you figure that out?

damn you really like making threads about sweden

But we kind of were or am i wrong?

Glorious heroes and saviors in history, why would i not?

REEEEEE
catholics get out!

Daily reminder that Ferdinand II was a spineless cuck who did everything his advisor told him to do

Daily reminder that Spain did all the work of the habsburg side

As much as i like the lion of the north myth it was really a meme. Besides the early war the swedes brought their fair share of savagery and destruction to the war. Its no coincidence that the protoprussians took harsh revenge after taking swedish pomerania a few decades after the war

Is it fair to summarise the war as mainly Sweden vs Hre and France vs Spain?

It's starting to lose it's charm. How come we don't have anyone spamming Danish stuff? They're just as interesting.

>Muh kalmar union
>Muh vehkengs
NO!!

True, the Swedes where no saints. By the end of the war, Swedish armies laid waste to one third of all German towns that existed at the time. Gustavus Adolphus was no meme tho. He was both a good leader and a great king

No

Elaborate more plox

Thechnically the HRE wasn't a belligerent party in that war at all since the Imperial Diet didn't declare war.

The main belligerents were the Emperor and his allies in the Catholic League. Initially, they fought rebellious Protestant princes, then Denmark, Sweden and finally France joined the opponents of the Emperors. Later some Protestant German states supported the Emperor, such as Saxony and Brandenburg. Spain waged its war in the Netherlands, supported the Emperor against Sweden and then fought France when they entered the war.

In Sweden you typically have 2 s's in patronymics
So it would be Svensson

>Hey guys, our """"""""Empire""""""""" is actually being united for once.
>OMG MUH FREEDUMBS! FUCKING HABSBURGES.
Germans...

>The anti-habsburgs were the good guys right?
no

lack of knowledge on history

>And more specifically Sweden was the hero of the war right?
lolno. They were most often not even percieved as fighting for protestantism, but as marauding horde, that both protestants and catholics united against.

Denmark was the hero of the war.

*Czechs

I don't think that's what he's talking about

>Sweden
Nope, protestantism alone is bad enough.

>The anti-habsburgs were the good guys right?
the exact opposite actually.