Capitalism most efficiently allocates resources in an economy!

>capitalism most efficiently allocates resources in an economy!
>companies make a new cell phone every year
>car manufacturers literallly plan the obsolescence of their cars

Other urls found in this thread:

spectrum.ieee.org/geek-life/history/the-great-lightbulb-conspiracy
youtube.com/watch?v=vfbbF3oxf-E
youtube.com/watch?v=Xd7gy5Aof0U
youtube.com/watch?v=1-_SPo2huUI
youtube.com/watch?v=LXx8khPVBbY
evworld.com/article.cfm?storyid=1239
tv.greenmedinfo.com/edwin-black-history-of-electric-cars/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The problem is government intervention and too many regulations.

>most efficiently allocates resources
Worst part about capitalism

So uhm... Basically, if the car manufactures could make any car they want, they would do them like - safer and ecologicer, cause they would be forced by free market. Now they have these regulations and shit, so thay like, rebel against them.

The question is how do you stop capitalists from creating the government that imposes these laws?

>implying the motor industry could work without roads

>implying you need the state to build roads

>car companies plan their cas to die
>I buy used toyotas
Gg?

Yes Africa is known for its robust highway system

A lot of Africa actually has better cell service than most of the United States

>implying the capitalists don't control the government
>implying cronyism isn't an essential part to capitalism continued existence

>implying roads are compatable with ecological systems and are thus capable of having Ecologicer cars drive on them

>car manufacturers literallly plan the obsolescence of their cars
what is the fucking second law of thermodynamics? end humanities now!

>changes the subject
And no, it doesn't.

Do you think any number of cherry picked false examples will demonstrate that Africa is more developed than the U.S.?

Generally this whole discussion is ridiculous. Property is defined by laws. Laws are de facto created and enforced by governments. You can't get rid of either governments or markets.

Everyone's goal should be to improve everyone's collective well-being. It's in each person's interests to understand this. Governments should balance the failures of markets. Extremism in any direction ends up being retarded.

Reeeeeeeeee

The problem is capitalism only promotes things that are profitable.

However, if you want to deflect an asteroid or level a city with a single bomb, you need something else outside such a system.

>Everyone's goal should be to improve everyone's collective well-being.
But user, Capitalism is the best system to ensure everyone is working for the benefit of society - if noone wants the products you make, you don't eat.

>AKTSHUALLY

The problem is thinking the average human is a true sentient being.

>inb4 hurr le edgy poster

The average human is (in videogame terms) an NPC.

>Hello, Mr. Gonzalez. I am afraid you have trespassed Shekelstein Road Inc. property without a valid subscription. The fee for this is 50$ per every mile started. Signed, Clinton-Bush Law Enforcement.

Ideologies = spooks, especially the ones that claim to be perfect. Systems will always require tweaking when actually put into practice.

You need government to have functional capitalism.

Else everyone be playing "WE WUZ SENKOGU/SOMALI/CHINESE WARLORDS AN SHIET" with personal armies.

Then well. Capitalism breaks down to property ownership of whoever has the most guns.

>whoever has the most guns
So modern government?

Tell us how to make cars that last forever, please.

I actually fantasize about living under a warlord rule. Not an ancap either.

cars are built to be replaced every 5 years
instead of building long-lasting cars, they build shit that is guaranteed to be useless in 5 years.
it is called planned obsolescence

>Phoebus cartel destroyed long-lasting cheap light bulb with short-term bulbs that kept the customer buying more
>Centennial Light is the world's longest-lasting light bulb at least 120 years old
>The hand-blown carbon filament common light bulb was manufactured in Shelby, Ohio, by the Shelby Electric Company in the late 1890s;[5] many just like it still exist and can be found functioning.
spectrum.ieee.org/geek-life/history/the-great-lightbulb-conspiracy

>planned obsolescence
youtube.com/watch?v=vfbbF3oxf-E

It is not only immoral, it is unsustainable.

When the capital meant as a proxy to trade becomes a product itself, then it can be bought, sold, and speculated against. This destroys the conservation law that makes Supply and Demand work.

Also, by having rent, where the product is never sold, patent and other monopoly protection which destroys competition, and wage, which allows the production itself to be sold in the same market, destroys the law of conservation, and the rate of exchange of conservation called the law of consistency.

Together, the loss of these laws takes away any rational basis for Capitalism to function, leaving only corruption and deception as its market force.

This is why economics tells us nothing, and so many economic theories contradict: it is the reflection of the desires of the players, not of any underlying logic.

Africa has states and no free capitalism.

What's the operative difference there, hmm?

well for starters, stop practicing planned obsolescence

utilize proper materials and designs

>russian machinery/tanks are build to last
youtube.com/watch?v=Xd7gy5Aof0U

>consumers could afford this
>companies would be obligated to improve cars
The only driving force in the industry is Capitalism.

>consumers could afford replacing intentionally faulty cars every 5 years
>consumers cant afford an electric VW beetle from the 40s thats built to last

you don't need a new cellphone every two years you just want one

I'm a poor fag still using a galaxy s2 from 2011

capitalism is trash
it runs on the assumption that growth is eternal, more is always better and resources never run out

i will enjoy when it crashes and burns

And? What's inefficient about that?

The fact that the number of resources is finite doesn't imply that growth can't be eternal.

I like how even anti-capitalists today agree with the fact that the capitalist economic system is the best when it comes to generating economic growth and material proserity.

why is growth necessarily good?
higher resource consumption can become unsustainable (which it is at this point)

by making corporates more powerful than states

The fact that the number of resources is finite imply that material prosperity is too

I like economic growth becuase it increases my standard of living

How? You don't necessarily have to expand the quantity of inputs in order to increase the quantity of outputs.

>lets eat shit, billions of flies love it

?

you dont need 3 cars and 6 loafs of bread a day
its an economy of wasting resources, exploiting power and overall an unsustainable system

it belongs to the trash and the only reason its working is that only the 1st world gets to consume what it produces

the entire planet is piss poor on the large scale, while its rich in resources

trash system by trash ppl for trash ppl

>you dont need 3 cars and 6 loafs of bread a day

Who are you to tell me how many commodities I can buy?

common sense you fat american trahsbin

>common sense

Sounds spooky

Well, I don't know about you, but I don't want to live in a totalitarian state in which the government limits the number of things I am allowed to buy

That's not how physics work user

That's how the economy works. Look up "intensive growth"

>hierarchy exists because of cronyism, nepotism, manipulation, monopolization....
the elites use "social justice" not to eradicate corruption, manipulation, nepotism, cronyism, monopolies, segragation, discrimination etc..
the elites use cultural marxism as a tool to weaken strong communities and eradicate the rights of individual, the rights of the worker.
all the while, the elites blame the lower classes for all the faults of society.

the type of diversity that is missing is within the sphere of the wealthy
they are not subject to be replaced by diversity quotas enforced by laws as workers are, ie:
>millionaire mayor/governor replaced by immigrant due to diversity laws
>millionaire ceo replaced by poor ghetto dweller due to diversity laws
this actually happens to lower classes in western societies, but not to the higher classes

No, capitalism is just good a generating capital which these days mostly means fiat currency. But it's not necessarily the best at meeting the peoples' needs.

Economic growth is the exact opposite of material prosperity.
It's taking material prosperity and putting it in the sewers, closets, and trash cans of un-human 1st worlders

A human that has to deal with your short sighted actions.
Feel free to make your own shit and waste it, but don't extort resources from other people and call them your own.

As part of this process(honduran coup), the Honduran government passed a law in 2013 that created autonomous free-trade zones that are governed by corporations instead of the countries in which they exist. So what was the outcome? Writer Edwin Lyngar described vacationing in Honduras in 2015, an experience that turned him from Ayn Rand supporter to Ayn Rand debunker. In his words:

The greatest examples of libertarianism in action are the hundreds of men, women and children standing alongside the roads all over Honduras. The government won’t fix the roads, so these desperate entrepreneurs fill in potholes with shovels of dirt or debris. They then stand next to the filled-in pothole soliciting tips from grateful motorists. That is the wet dream of libertarian private sector innovation.

He described the living conditions this way:

On the mainland, there are two kinds of neighborhoods, slums that seem to go on forever and middle-class neighborhoods where every house is its own citadel. In San Pedro Sula, most houses are surrounded by high stone walls topped with either concertina wire or electric fence at the top. As I strolled past these castle-like fortifications, all I could think about was how great this city would be during a zombie apocalypse.

Without collective effort, large infrastructure projects like road construction and repair languish. A resident “pointed out a place for a new airport that could be the biggest in Central America, if only it could get built, but there is no private sector upside.”

A trip to a local pizzeria was described this way:

We walked through the gated walls and past a man in casual slacks with a pistol belt slung haphazardly around his waist. Welcome to an Ayn Rand libertarian paradise, where your extra-large pepperoni pizza must also have an armed guard.

Those fucking statists are denying us this glorious future.

>electric car
>A century ago, society could have started down the path of electric cars. We already had regenerative braking like hybrids have now, and we could have powered our cars on a decentralized system with home electricity, swap-out batteries and plug-in stations.
youtube.com/watch?v=1-_SPo2huUI
youtube.com/watch?v=LXx8khPVBbY

>investigative history into the conspiracy to stop the electric car nearly a century ago
evworld.com/article.cfm?storyid=1239
tv.greenmedinfo.com/edwin-black-history-of-electric-cars/

I'm certain that, in the absence of government, everyone would just say "oh well" and sit on their hands until the apocalypse. Except they wouldn't, you fucking idiot.

Also, are you claiming the lack of a drive to commit genocide via civilian bombing is a disadvantage of capitalism?

I'm convinced Internet libertarians are 15 year old kids with no world experience and no concept of how fucked up a libertarian paradise would be.

Is this bait?

See

Planned obsolescence has been going on for a while. Thomas Pynchon wrote a whole section on it in GR. Horrible practice. Goes unnoticed.

Convinced you are a 16 year old burger-baby that thinks libertarians are capitalists.

>implying correlation is causation

How do you become a player?

>implying thereisn't an obvious casual relationship.
Yeah, those things are just happening by natural forces that have nothing to do with anthropogenic influence.

nirvana fallacy

These problems exist in every system. Under capitalism you can look for a car made to last if that is what you want. When the government runs things you are told your Lada is the best thing for you. Both have their advantages and disadvantages, but freedom definitely has a place under every system, including the freedom to say "that may be the will of the people but the people are wrong" as much as it might trigger you.