Hypothetical Modern Crusade

Realistically, what would happen if Pope Francis or the next Pope actually called for a new crusade to combat the spread of Islam and ISIS in the Middle East and Africa?

Would any current states actually officially back the movement?
Any leaders?
Would it have any effect?
Would random Christians from across the world actually take up arms?
If so, what would the result be?

I would legitimately fucking go. I'm not doing anything worthwhile right now anyway, I might as well be part of history and stop the cancer of Islam.

Deus Vult

>Would any current states actually officially back the movement?

The only one I can really think of would be the Phillipines

>Any leaders?

See above

>Would random Christians from across the world actually take up arms?

Probably but not a lot Im guessing. Crusading seems to be somewhat anachronistic today and against Church teachings of love and tolerance and you know the whole "Thou Shalt Not Kill" thing.

>If so, what would the result be?

Probably a disorganised mess. If they are trying to carry out an effective conventional war against a non-state actor, then the Nation State has proven to be the most capable in organising such endeavours.

I wonder how many Protestant Americans would suddenly become Catholic for an excuse to go shoot brown people.

You'd get a lot of "Christians" who want to shoot sandniggers signing up.

The historians would remember it as `The LARPers Crusade'

Realistically, the pope will consolidate all of the world's religions into one. The emergent church is just that. "All roads lead to God, all religions have part of the truth" stuff.

The pope is not some champion for good in the world.

He's evil.

The number of terrorist attack of the citizens of Western countries would significantly increase and ISIS would become much more popular

*on the citizens

America
Probably a conglomerate of Special operations veterans
Yes
Yes
depends on their goal (no matter what it is, it will be achieved)
Islam is weak, the West is strong (militarily).

The CEO of a major oil company would play the role of Enrico Dandolo and finance your misadventure.

I'm really getting sick off these Jew-worshipping Christian cucks and their "crusade" fetish.

The Crusade was not a defensive heroic war to repel Muslim invaders, like you faggots portray it as.

It was a battle over FOREIGN, "SACRED" JEWISH LAND.

The Jews erased your blood ancestors' pagan traditions, taught you to worship a weak, forgiving, brown-skinned kike and then actually tricked you into fighting over Jerusalem, thousands of miles away from the sacred Stonehenge created by your true ancestors.

And even today, you cucks are still on your knees, gulping down that Jew cum.

And for what? Because your dad told you it was the correct religion when you were a kid? What a great purpose to base the wholesale religious genocide and cuckoldry of your people on.

The crusades*

Is this the birth of a wonderful pasta?

>excuse
They don't need one, if they wanted to they would join the military.

Dear sir, or madam

it appears your IP has been violating global rule no. 2.

Please provide your ID, passport or a driving license,

else we would be forced to screencap this thread and send it to the French embassy in Qatar and contact your parents

>thou shalt not kill

it's actually murder, not kill

makes it justifiable to kill in defense of yourself or another

>Realistically, what would happen if Pope Francis or the next Pope actually called for a new crusade to combat the spread of Islam and ISIS in the Middle East and Africa?

A bunch of autists and extreme christian groups (principally American) would probably heed the call and try and make their way there.

Many christian groups would oppose it.

Virtually all governments of the world would denounce it as crazy and oppose it. The pope would be lose tremendous credibility with many nations governments.

The whole thing would be a huge new hit but fizzle out soon as it gains no real traction.

I believe it already is pasta

Duterte loathes the catholic church. If Pope Francis declared a crusade, he just might join ISIS to spite the Catholics.

I'm an agnostic/atheist, and honestly, if pope would call a crusade I'd definitely want to attend
It'd be literally taking part in history

Underrated.

Maybe only extremist underground groups
No
The pope will lose credibility
Yeah pol autists all over the world would probably join
Nothing since no country would harborn them arm then nor supply them. They would have to travel themselves, arm themselves and supply themselves which is not likely to happen. It would be like the sound called peasants crusade where they would do more pillaging and looting than crusading

More like the manchildren's crusade.

France would probably fall into a civil war instantly, then end up with yet another republic after years of balkanized infighting.

I'd be most curious as to how SA would react. They don't have any geopolitical stake in it, but they do have the biggest practicing Catholic populations. In the incredibly unlikely scenario that another Crusade did happen, I bet that we would see the Falklands going back to Argentina and a general acceptance of Argentina/Uruguay/Columbia as "western" ""white"" """european""" countries. Actually, I could see a lot of fascist groups from SA going to the middle east for the experience, then causing shit in their own countries when they return.

>It would be like the sound called peasants crusade where they would do more pillaging and looting than crusading
Sounds comfy

It depends on the degree of ecumenism and the limit on what qualifies as just war.
If all the patriarchs unanimously stated that defending Christians in the Levant is not sinful, and in fact is an act of repentance, then you would get interest, because that isn't unreasonable from a certain perspective, but most of the patriarchs are in very difficult situations, being minority faiths in their sees. I highly doubt Tawadros II would agree to something like that, or Francis for that matter.

1.The Pope would get rightfullly shitposted to death and then removed in the next 48hrs
2. Nope
3. Nope
4. Yes. The ultimate discredit of the Catholic Church.
5. Mostly burger ''''''''''christian'''''''''''' ''''''''''''protestant''''''''''''''' denominations and other mentally disturbed people.
6. Lack of hamburgers and gogagola supplies in the wastelands of Syria and etc will make most go back home in the first weeks. The ones who stay will get shot (no tip, and no obamacare) and die, the ones that surrender will be split in 2 groups: the fat ones and the qt ones.

The fat ones will literally lose their heads, and their abundant flesh, in'shallah, will feed the crows of the desert. The qt ones will be provided with an adequate outfit and become the waifus of Amir, Mahmud, Omar, Hussein and etc.

Said by the guy whose nation got fucked by mud farmers and goat fuckers 3 times.