Robinhood

What do you guys think of Robinhood, do you use it?

Other urls found in this thread:

hoodtrader.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

everyone here uses it
its what poorfags use

its easy to use for noobies
its aesthetic
charts are shit
can't buy options
if you are trading with a lot of money, the fees of other brokers are probably worth it

>a crypto thread had to die for this

Wow holy shit this means crypto threads have bumped off /rgt/

WE'VE BEAT THE LAST STRAGGLERS
CRYPTO HAVE ACQUIRED ALL THE BOARD'S TERRITORY

What board do we take over next?

What fees does robinhood have?

so far from what i've see n none. im a little reluctant to sign up tho. i feel a little autistic i dont wanna put in my personal info

I made like, $1800 off shitty plus500, but their fees are fucking HUGE, something like 10%+ so if you put down $1000 you're already out of pocket $300 which is fucking shit.

I could've made so much more if the fees weren't so garbage.

Oh I'm 59,000th in line.

Fuckin' hell.

idk what this means. also there could be fees i just know their whole philosophy or whatever you wanna call it is that they make it as free as possible on trades and shit. might have to pay for features

Needs Android or iOS, retarded.

0 fees

Your money just takes longer to settle

That's literally 98% of all smart phones.

what do u use on ur desktop, IB?

windows ME
why

Honestly, my feelings on robinhood are pretty mixed

I like to swing / day trade high volatility stocks. The fact that robinhood is only through mobile is a big problem, and their interface isn't terribly efficient. This means that setting limit orders takes such a long time that trying to short term price movements. The alternative is a market order, but that has burned me many times.

It's fine for longer term holds, but if you're not making a lot of trades, then saving on commission is even less of a deal. The fees only add up when making tons of trades, but robinhood makes it difficult to do that.

Also the graphs are terrible. And it would be nice if you could set both a limit sell and a stop loss at the same time for a stock (i.e. sell if it increases by $5, or sell if it decreases by $3)

>a long time that trying to short term price movements
meant to say
>that trying to capture short term price movements is extremely difficult

screenshot pls

If all you're trying to do is take advantage of their service, you can reverse engineer their app and emulate their API calls on PC. Doesn't matter what kind of secret encrypted handshake bullshit they're doing if they open their client to the public.

Also every mobile OS (except iOS, but especially Windows Mobile) has desktop support, and every Android app can be emulated through Bluestacks.
If the problem is that you need a mouse and a keyboard, you should honestly just git gud.

Lol

I had the service crash last year and lost lots of cash

I use E-Trade and IB now. As my trading has matured I'm fine paying fees for security of mind

Also I can short garbage stocks

what about thinkorswim?

hoodtrader.com

I really wish we'd have something like this in the EU

Fuck brookers and fuck their fees.