Why would God create us with weaknesses? Does he want us to die? How can he love us if that's the case?

Why would God create us with weaknesses? Does he want us to die? How can he love us if that's the case?

Other urls found in this thread:

oxfordreference.com/view/10.1093/oi/authority.20110803100243353
twitter.com/AnonBabble

God didn't create us
We just live inside it and are part of it
It doesn't care because it just is, it doesn't want because it is all there is
We just ascribe meaning and intent to things because it's easier

He was drunk when he created us. God suffers from crippling depression. I wouldn't be surprised if he has committed suicided by now.

He created us with the ability to choose and we chose to be weak.

Weak in regard of what ?

Temptation.

*wiggles fingers* don't mind if I do

Good goy.

People were originally immortal, but that fucking roastie Eve threw it all away for an apple.

Doubles confirm but Adam was also a c*ck for listening to her.

Now I get why everyone keeps saying humanities was a mistake

Why does God create beautiful females who will never let me fuck them?

Does he want me to go insane and tear out my eyes?

oxfordreference.com/view/10.1093/oi/authority.20110803100243353

That's what the Kangs believe too

>Does he want us to die?
In Christianity, obviously. To them life is just a short prelude to an eternity of heaven or hell.

if God had created all people to be perfect then why would we need Him?

Instead He creates everyone individually with their own beautiful and unique little flaws and that is what makes us who we are.

who can even know the reasoning of God but i am fairly certain it all has something to do with drawing people to worship Him as He loves us all and knows that we need Him.

Like an rpg game story tailormade particularly for each one of us with our own quests to do and terrible monsters to defeat.

>And if your eye causes you to stumble, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into hell,

god made the universe infinitely differentiated because it's way more fun than some boring-ass singularity of being

>Why would God create us with weaknesses?

Because a god does not share power.

If he did then he would not be a god.

To everybody.

I think there likely isn't a god, as you see one.

However, if there were a god...

God would not deprive us of anything. It is we, in ignorance, who would reject God and all God's gifts.

If there were a god and we didn't always exist, then it is only reasonable that we start out ignorant and only gradually come to accept intelligence, civility, gratitude, perfection and even Godhood. A God of Love would not deny us anything, certainly would not allow a system to torture us for eternity (lots of sickos in religions making up all sorts of nasty stuff).

Still, there is God the God that is the spirit of all the good people on earth: And this is enough to be grateful.

*rips bong*

So we can show Him how we love him no matter what and honour Mother Earth despite our longings. Most people impose their weakness on themselves. Sad the education system is tedious sermonizing nowadays. But through great powers made weak is there revolution and the renewal of God's glory reflected through the everlasting principles of Him imbued in the Creation.

Or you can believe that fag Darwin.
Adaptation is always happening...Now.

Pic related he's going to Hell
Nothing is at the standard it presents to the world.

T. Known Boss

>be Catholic
>have giant Jewish symbols on your hats
>we're true christians, honest!!!!!

???? how does one follow from the other

i think you have been deluded into thinking that love means the same thing as 'being nice'. that couldn't be further from the truth.

if we were perfect and had no desire to sin we wouldnt have free will and we would not be worth of love, we would just be things

very good explanation of the different kinds of love. I think Aquinas describes this subject in relation to the ways we can love God, from the lowest form which is basically to avoid punishment, to the highest, which is out of respect. There are specific names for each order I can't remember them though.

Because you wouldn't be "you" if you weren't weak

For whom the LORD loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

God is nothing more than a fallible demiurge. He tried his best with us, but fucked up here and there.

This.

Temptation drives us or compels a desire to seek "unattainable" things. Society is driven by this, theres an nerver-ending push for comfort and convenience. Humans are by default lazy. This is why the machines will takeover.

> rpg game story
Speaking of, Jesus seems like a terrible character he is literally game master's mary sure self insert.

That raises a question I had for a long time and never got a satisfactory answer to, what's in and and what goes on in Heaven that makes it so great?

You can personally met the God here. That should be awesome... If you are his fan, I guess...

it is an eternal celebration

IT'S NOT MY FAULT
IF IN GOD'S PLAN
HE MADE THE DEVIL SO MUCH STRONGER THAN A MAAAAAAAAAN

Admitting that you are a sinner is the first step to becoming redeemed.

wew lad, you guys better be careful you don't throw your backs out beating up that straw man

God have mercy on her
God have mercy on me
But she will be mine
OR SHE WILL BUUUUUUUUUUUUUURN

Looks like you're already burning.

what about pisslam?

I can actually imagine Jesus as Bob Ross except he didn't serve in military and having long hair.

>plebs not recognizing the hunchback of notre dame

More relevant to the thread,
>humans were pretty dope
>eve fucked up and grabbed dat apple
Why was there an apple Eve could take that would fuck mankind over? Why was she left unattended in the garden with Adam, who for some reason chose not to stop her?

>it was a test
God is all-knowing. He knew the outcome of the test. Why would a loving god create man that would succumb to temptation, and put them in conditions he knew would screw them over?

Why'd he make it so we could choose to fuck up, knowing we'd choose to fuck up? Why not make it so we can't fuck up?

Then we would have no choice.

God is omnipotent. Why not make it so we can have choice but not fuck up?

>Why not make it so we can't fuck up?
Because we would be slaves to God and our actions would lack any merit or grace. We were meant to follow God's path. And we have to have the choice to deviate otherwise, following His path would be meaningless.

To teach us something.

Why not create us with full understanding of the lesson from the start?

Sort of in the same vein, why not make it so we automatically follow in God's path but still have meaning in it? "It's contradictory" is true, but with omnipotence, that shouldn't matter, right?

So we could learn it ourselves.

But he's omnipotent. Couldn't he make it so that we could skip that and lose nothing by skipping it?

We would lose the experience.

>"It's contradictory" is true, but with omnipotence, that shouldn't matter, right?
No, God can only do what is metaphysically possible, he cannot perform contradictory tasks. Following God's plan like automatons and still have free will is by definition a contradiction.

>and lose nothing by skipping it
I'm asking why God doesn't use his omnipotence to make it so we /don't/ lose the experience, and give us the lesson simultaneously and save us all the trouble and suffering. If he loves us and can do literally anything, why didn't he make us perfect in every conceivable notion of the word?

Who set the rules of what's metaphysically possible and what's contradictory in our universe?

God did through His wisdom which is beyond human understanding.

What if it is my choice to following God's plan like automaton? Like, why wouldn't you. Is it because, you doesn't trust his plan to be perfect for you?

Why didn't God make humans able to understand?

We've been over this, m8.

Mysterious ways famalam
*tips halo*

what happened to the people who died before Christianity was a thing?

obviously they couldnt follow the tenants of a religion that didnt exist yet, so did they all just go to hell? or are they all doomed to nonexistence or something

Because without it we could have no strengths.

IIRC, the Catholic thing is that they're doomed to a lesser Hell until Judgement Day, when they will be judged based entirely on personal merit and moral fibre.