So why didn't Hitler use Sarin gas against the allies...

So why didn't Hitler use Sarin gas against the allies? The Germans had a huge chemical weapons advantage over the Russians and even the Western allies.

At the very least why didn't he use Sarin during the Battle of Berlin? He had nothing to lose and the Russian would have stood no chance.

Why should he care about the Geneva convention against chemical weapons, was he dare I say it - not that bad of a guy.

He didn't want it used against him?

The commies were tearing through his defenses - he had nothing to lose

Because the allies had their own stockpiles of gas.

And if the gas starts flying, the side with cars is going to have an advantage over the side with mostly horse drawn logistics.

The Allies had anthrax, mustard gas and chlorine but Sarin was developed by the Nazi's and is far more potent than all the others.

The Nazi's squandered their lead in chemical weapons by not deploying them

Sometimes psychopaths do crazy stuff; other times they do other crazy stuff and not the first crazy stuff. Insanity can't be predicted.

I remember you. You only made a few posts with that trip, and they were all weird as fuck.

He'd been gassed before in WW1, so he basically had a phobia of gas and refused to use it in the 2nd war.

Because Hitler suffered from a gas attack when he was serving in the German army during WW1. Didn't really have that big a problem with using it against Jews though.

the guy had a family, he wasn't totally unhuman. He knew the limits, not to mention if chemical warfare came into play, I truly believe the German people would have turned on him.

It's very easy to gas your own troops, and WWII was a much more mobile war than WWI

More like he used the gas for "other" purposes

Mainly that. He'd been gassed before so he was utterly terrified of it as a concept, and thus he didn't ever break it out in fear of the Allies using it against German troops. Fortunately for all, the Allies were waiting for the Germans to use chemical weapons first, so they never actually got used.

Probably not. It's not like gas attacks caused the collapse of the German and French governments during WW1. Plus, gas ain't exactly useful against mobile target, as the lines were constantly shifting on all fronts during the war.

yeah ok I could see that, Now that I think about the way WW2 was fought vs WW1 that makes a lot of sense

So in WWI gas was used mainly on the western front due to a less mobile warfare, right? On WWI eastern front the battles were as mobile as they were in WWII if I'm not mistaken. I just don't know how well gasses performed on eastern front during the great war, or if they were used there at all

He should have at least used it in Moscow and Stalingrad when the soviets where literally on their knees to deliver the killing blow. I doubt the soviets would have been able to deliver the same kind of gas attacks in return given their situation at the time.

The allies would have used it as an excuse to use gas against Germany, the brits had shit loads of gas and were waiting for a reason to use it, plan a was use it if the Germans invaded the Isles

Because chemical weapons actually aren't that effective.

Because in NBC style warfare, payback is a BITCH.

Plus Hitler personally experienced chemical warfare. He hated it.

Gas is fairly useless

Cuz he used it all on the Jews/homos