Let's settle this once and for all Veeky Forums.
Who won the war of 1812?
>inb4 no one won/lost

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/his/thread/1104317/#1111111
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

America lost more men, but they got what they wanted. Britain got nothing from the negotiations, but burnt the white house down. I'd say america.

The indians lost.

The Indians lost, so everyone wins.

>Who won the war of 1812?

Tchaikovsky

my hometown of Ghent, Belgium got a cool plaque to commemorate the signing of the peace treaty... so my hometown did?

Britain stopped impressing US sailors so you can argue that the US won

Really though it was a draw and an embarrassment for everyone

>embarrassment for everyone
Except Old Hickory

France

Russians, who managed to chase Napoleon away

France?

Wrong. The US plan was to annex canada. They failed.

Revisionist

Usa lost on ground, won at sea, ended British impressing of American sailors; gotta go with America on this one.

The USA made it very clear they intended to annex canada, cletus.

British impressment was more of an excuse than a goal

And stop the British impressment of sailors
And stop raids from British-allied Natives
And iirc force the British to vacate some forts in the West or something?

but sure just focus on Canada

revisionist

>And stop the British impressment of sailors
More of an excuse than wargoal.

>And stop raids from British-allied Natives
Agreed, they won against the natives

>And iirc force the British to vacate some forts in the West or something?
I'd need a source on that.

Also, Britain lost 5000. America lost 15,000.

America got what they wanted before the war even began.

>won at sea
No they didn't haha

It ended in a draw, but Andrew Jackson won the battle of New Orleans after the treaty was signed. Therfore, America is the winner.

As God intended.

>American Logic

your treacherous Indian raid inciting ways came to an end you sneaky rosbif

deal with it

You still didn't win.

Fuck you, Sharpe Knife.

best post

I like that 18+12=30. Makes me all tingly inside when things go round like that :3.

>Also, Britain lost 5000. America lost 15,000.

>MUH KDR

That's why the Confederacy won the ACW, the Germans won WW2, and the Soviets won in Afghanistan.

>more of an excuse than a wargoal
You fucking dumbass.
The whole reason the war started was over impressment, Canda was after the fact. Impressment was the leading cause for US outrage and the primary reason war were declared.

The forts thing, I remember that from my history class. The British were still occupying old forts from the pre Revolutionary War days on contested land the US claimed that the British just kind of ignored. These were the places the natives were being armed, actually.
Post war the forts were largely still garrisoned but would gradually be given up in the coming years due to cooling of relations, lack of defensibility as the US expanded quite rapidly, and of course the fact that the natives they had been arming and organizing kind of got their shit stomped in and the forts were just a waste of money protecting nothing anymore.

Britain lost a lot more than that, the Canadian militia had I think around 8,000 casualties total and were British subjects at the time.
What you meant to say is that 5,000 Crown soldiers died.

Most of the casualties on both sides were from the militia. Well, most of the casualties were from disease.

>Battle of Borodino (7th of September 1812)
>40,000 killed in action (both sides combined)

>"War" of 1812 (June 1812 to February 1815)
>3,360 killed in action (both sides combined)

Really makes you sink

>Also, Britain lost 5000. America lost 15,000.
This is a blatant lie

ur mum already did m8

ivan pls go and stay go, we're talking about globally significant countries here

Britain.

britains only wargoal was to get the americans to stop fighting so that they cold concentrate on more imortant matters, that they achieved

the Americans used impressment -actually the recovery of british deserters from american merchantmen and a perfectly reasonable and legitimate action- as a casus belli for their camaign to annex canada, the order to cease the stoing and searching of american merchantmen had already been given before war was declared so in that the war accomplished nothing and the american seaborne trade was decimated by the RN while the american actions against british commerce represented a far smaller proportion of british merchant shipping in the area.

It was a war that the americans were foolish to declare and cost them much in blood and coin for little gain

Nice digits

Checked.

sheeeeeeeeeit

Dubs speak true, America BTFO forever.

GOD SAVE THE QUEEN

RULE BRITANNIA

god damn it's hard to argue with a get like that

RULE BRITANNIA

BTFO YANK CUNTS

Yanks absolutely btfo

Britain claims this get, too bad.
At least it's not shitting on France

HOW WILL AMERICA EVER RECOVER

>won at sea
>Brits sail right up the Potomac and burn down the fucking white house

BRITANNIA RULE THE WEBS

The unlucky two.

Rule Britannia, fuckers

Beautiful. Just beautiful.

Nothing makes my day like an on-topic get.

Digits confirm.

GOD SAVE THE QUEEN

Checked. Britain confirmed winner.

;^)

THEY CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS

Canada

ETERNAL

Perfide Albion strikes again!

Britain deserves to own America again just for this post.

fukken nice

>actually the recovery of british deserters from american merchantmen
This was done, but it wasn't what the US government was pissed off about. British warships were impressing US citizens who were born before 1776 saying that you cannot renounce being a subject of the british crown and therefore they are still british despite being US citizens. I read an account of the battle of Trafalgar once from an American citizen who had been impressed and put on a gun crew and subjected to the dangers of a war that was not his own.

BURGERLAND BTFO

Wtf I love Britain now?

>ignoring that by the end impressment was no longer needed as we beat napoleon

Glorious.

>we
what unit were you in?

we need good art for the screencap

I'm 500 years old and was part of the Irish fusiliers who sent american militia running near washington

Checked

in order to celebrate this glorious get, if dubs the United states have to surrender their freedom by to the crown and exist as a british colony once more

Andrew Jackson won

last septs was the right answer too
desuarchive.org/his/thread/1104317/#1111111
kek has spoken

czeched

God save King George!

Britain, they burnt down the fucking white house, if the US Navy sailed down the river Thames and burnt down the houses of Parliament I'd say they had won.

The albion did it again.

America invaded Canada and was pushed out

Britain invaded America and was pushed out

America got literally everything it wanted at the Treaty of Ghent while the British got nothing. Not only did they make the British stop their stealing of US sailors and funding of Indian Raids, they also got some disputed territory along the US Canadian border as well as Lake Eerie and some other fishing waters. Britain wanted the US to remove their Navy from Lake Eerie which was denied, and they wanted access to American fishing waters which was also denied

While it was a military draw, America won the war in the sense that they got everything they wanted while the British gained literally nothing.

God I love being British

SSSSHHHHHIIIIIIEEEEEETTT

>America won the war in the sense that they got everything they wanted
except for a non-burned down white house that is

How will Hamburgerstan ever recover.

difference is we just rebuilt the white house while those disputed territories will ALWAYS be ours

>America got literally everything it wanted at the Treaty of Ghent
except Canada
while the British got nothing.
except the americans stopped fighting.

when you dont want a war, dont understand what the other guy is bitching about, and have other major shit to deal with, getting the idiot starting a war on you thousands of miles from home to stop is all you really want, the british objectives boiled down to , retain canada, and dont have too many resources diverted from more important wars.

Britain made demands during the signing of the treaty, so your implication that all they wanted was for the fighting to stop is objectively wrong. America was willing to continue fighting while signing the treaty while Britain wasnt because everyone agreed it was a retarded waste of time on their part.

Britain undoubtedly came out the loser in that conflict.

britain was willing to mae demands because they had beaten the americans on land and new that the americans commerce was really suffering, they thought that they could get concessions out of the americans.

as it was the americans proved too proud to accept that the consequences for continuing while bad for britain would be worse for them and the british concluded that the concessions needed to get the colonials to stop fighting were cheaper than the cost of continuing the war

>britain was willing to mae demands because they had beaten the americans on land

no they didnt. The British lost the battle of baltimore. It was because of this that the british demands to land and other disputed territory along the canadian boarder were shot down very quickly.

also, while this was going on, the british were crushed at New Orleans as well.

well, Canada still exists, so I guess UK won

and the US maritime commerce was still being devastated, and britain had both control of the seas and veteran troops freed from european service, the consequences for continuation of the war for the US would have been defeat, but allowing them a few concessions was cheaper

>would have

nice alternative history concepts, but in actual history, the british land war was a failure, just as their sea war had been (see the battle of lake erie) and they couldnt realistically make any demands of the US, which is why the US was able to hold them over the fire and not only deny their demands, but take disputed territories and lakes.

anyway you try to look at this, America wins this war in the sense that they actually gain a lot while Britain not only gains nothing, but actually loses stuff.

"Veteran troops had been freed from European service" since April of 2014. Surprisingly, it didn't shift the momentum of the war. And while the loss of overseas commerce might be irritating and economically painful, you didn't see any real ability of America slackening her war effort.

Always wondered who won that one

Both sides lost.

Damn