How do fraternal orders/secret societies find their beginnings?

How do fraternal orders/secret societies find their beginnings?
What kind of people found and join them?
What are their catalysts?
What makes one a 5 minute autism fest vs a centuries old order?
Where do they get their money?
How did these people go about founding their respective orders?

Other urls found in this thread:

masonicdictionary.com/hiram.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bunch of rich and powerful people get together and decide to create a secret organization to feel better about themselves. Sometimes they can get powerful.

Other rich and smart people are found through the school system, or are invited in once they get rich or powerful enough.

They get their money from siphoning from governments and personal funding. i guess if they get powerful enough, they don't really need to raise money and can take it directly from countries.

Find other rich and powerful people and sacrifice a goat and a chicken to your respective dark lord, think up a cool name, and make a cool symbol.

I gotta ask. What the fuck is up with all the pageantry?

Freemasonry is a post-pagan mystery religion. Look up Hiram Abiff. Its all mystical stuff.

masonry is a craft not a religion reeeeee

>siphoning from governments

Name even one example.

>How do fraternal orders/secret societies find their beginnings?
Depends. If we're talking Freemasonry, operative lodges with a liberal dose of Rosicrucian speculations.

>What kind of people found and join them?
Idealists. Those emphasizing community. The curious. Sociopaths who like sticking their dicks in orgs. Again, this will largely depend on the outfit in question.

>What are their catalysts?
Generally speaking? Social stratification coupled with doctrines that challenge said stratification. See: Weishaupt's Perfectibilist (Bavarian Illuminati) program which was a vehicle to teach philosophy outside the then young university system. See also various Tantrik cults who postulate transgression of social norms.

>What makes one a 5 minute autism fest vs a centuries old order?
Centuries old rituals?

>Where do they get their money?
Dues, fees, and donations. Probably a handful of trusts through a number of them.

>How did these people go about founding their respective orders?
To become one, ask one.

What aspects, exactly? All the symbolism has underlying meaning. At it's core it's more of that 'community' thing. Mutual symbols.

Disorienting the initiatory candidate is also a thing.

^This.

Propaganda Due. Any outfit with a 501C-3 exemption and ties to a fraternal org.

^This.

masonicdictionary.com/hiram.html

But who is Hiram "abif", in relation to Sol-o-Mon?

I think it's more accurate to call it a sacred discipline.

He's Solomon's chief architect.

Beyond that, it depends on whether your a continental or anglo jurisdiction for the fine details of the ritual doctrine.

>Weishaupt's Perfectibilist (Bavarian Illuminati) program which was a vehicle to teach philosophy outside the then young university system
This has piqued my interest.

One thing I wonder how these groups went around acquiring early members without people thinking they were insane? I imagine it something like:
"Hey you want to join our super cool secret club where we wear funny hats and bitch about taxes?"
"Fuck Off"

im curious about this too because untill you have actual political clout you're just larping

>This has piqued my interest.
See "Secret School of Wisdom". I scanned a copy but it got DMCA'd and you'll need to buy a copy to read it.

>"Hey you want to join our super cool secret club where we wear funny hats and bitch about taxes?"
Roots in operative lodges. Freemasonry wasn't always philosophical. There was a degree system for stoneworkers in guilds long before it became a larger sociopolitical phenomenon.

Don't forgot to mention the fact that a lot of these organizations are dieing out because no one wants to join them anymore.

That may have less to do with people not wanting to joining organizations and more with the reasons the organizations were there in the first place.
Nobody wants to join the Freemasons because nobody does masonry anymore
Ku Klux Klan membership goes down as people reject their ideology
People don't try to join the Illuminati because their mission statement was largely fulfilled

Depends. A lot of them spawned from Freemasonry. As in, members wanted something different, so they found enough people who thought likewise and made it (see; Oddfellows, Golden Dawn, etc).
Or non-members looked at it, and decided they wanted to make something similar (see; Buffaloes, Orangemen).

If you want it to be mystical, sure.

Solomon's (protip: you're using an Anglicanisation, don't pretend there's special meaning there. It's originally closer to Suilieman/Shule-man) chief brassier, and possibly chief architect.

>Nobody wants to join the Freemasons because nobody does masonry anymore
Actually, that's why Freemasonry exists.

Any man can join freemasonry as long as they have a belief in a higher power.
I am a freemason. I'm 21 and the youngest in my lodge by about 6 years, before he joined it would have been 20.