No Coiner wanting to buy in

No coiner who's been following btc seriously for about a year. Never had the money to jump in until now though. Planning to invest about 5k when the time is right with gemini.

My problem is that I keep thinking it's going to go down to about 1,500, but in the back of my mind I'm terrified that maybe this is really it and sub 2k isn't coming back.

Real talk, is it going to drop back down? It hit resistance yesterday and now it's back up to 2,200 again. I keep hearing about how btc is finally becoming recognized (japan, winklevosses, etc). What should I do?

We literally just had a crash. Buy right now faggot

when it's at 10'000 will it really make a difference if you bought in at 1800 or 2500?

Resistance stops it from going up. Support stops it from going down

It bounced off "support"

Is wiring money directly to gemini the quickest way to get to trading with them? I'd like to get going asap because it looks like either way, major changes are coming in btc price this week.

Just had a crash, but shit man whatever floats your finances. If Bitcoin actually makes it then that's good news for the Jew. Have the goyim believing that their new digital coins are some sort of private currency by telling them that they can 'harvest' them when in reality the Rothschilds set the limits for the goyim.

Wait a week then go for ethereum and ether classic maybe some monero. User activated softfork first August there will be turbulence. After that is settled and i state my opinion "it will go up".

Yes. Do it. Just be aware that cashing out is possible but can be challenging. And your profits are taxable at 15% in the United States.

I thought cashing out on an exchange like gemini was fairly easy. You set a sell order at a limit price and they facilitate the trade and it's cashed out. Is this not the case?

It will be $100,000 in 5-10 years, so who cares about 1500 or 2500.

In theory. Just remember that they are the gatekeepers to you converting your eth to USD, and they can close that gate at any time.

Got you. That's why I'm thinking gemini, though. They seem to be set up to be the most legit. Personally, do you see what's going on now as a bull trap? I want to hild long term but the difference between buying in at 1,500 vs 2,200 or something similar has huge ramifications. I've noticed that when btc crashes it tends to do it hard and more than what it has this time. Oth, maybe this one is different because it's becoming legit. Especially with the japan thing. Just looking for personal opinions.

>Real talk, is it going to drop back down? It hit resistance yesterday and now it's back up to 2,200 again. I keep hearing about how btc is finally becoming recognized (japan, winklevosses, etc). What should I do?

We're in the middle of a heavily volatile stage, so yeah, I'd say so.

We're in the middle of a bounce, but we beat the $2k psych barrier, so I doubt it's going below $2k for a sustained period of time again. Especially not with people like you FOMOing and new adoption by Wall St via GBTC.

I'd expect the lowest buys over the next few days will be $1900. Afterwards? Just sit on it unless you want to """day trade"""

Look man, spent 22000 of real money on ether last week to break my nocoiner cherry. The market promptly crashed and I was 5000 in the red. It's getting better now, but I'm not sure of anything except that it's is generating a lot of interest.

Will it be the best thing I could have done with my money? Time will tell.

ACH deposits to Gemini are instant and pre-credited after bank acc verification.

For first-time payments, I don't know. I use a bank which isn't default-listed so I had to wire first.

You seem nice so here's a tip. Wait. Buy after Aug 1 because a hard Fork will drive this into the ground and your 5k will be worth 10,000 times more on the new chain

I get the fomo thing, but truth is almost no one really knows about btc in the real world. Imo this is a long term fiat alternative and has big upside. Read somewhere that btc is only a 40 billion market right now, which is chump change on the world market if it's really going to become a mainstream alt to paper. It's why I'm getting in.

Alright. I'll give you a tip before you start:

China wakes up, China dumps.

Because at 1800 you can afford to buy 40% more than at 2500 and therefore be 40% richer in the future.

How retarded are you?

China is set to dump bitcoin

Ok. This is one thing about crypto I don't fully understand. Can you give me a quick rundown of what it means, and why you believe it will go to the ground when it happens?

Have you read the whitepaper on Bitcoin and do you understand how transactions work?

Take your money and split it between these
BTC
ETH
XEM
GNT
ANT
LTC
WAVES
STRAT

I have but my comprehension of it isn't the best. You think it will crash hard when it forks?

This, they're already adding ETH to their major exchanges, the dumpening will be glorious

No. It just cuts down on how much I need to write.

Miner centralization is a threat to the Bitcoin network, because miners are how changes to the Bitcoin protocol are encouraged (through "signaling" via mined blocks). As a result, Bitcoin bows to the Chinese mining cartels.

UASF tries to fix that by going back to the concept of "1 CPU = 1 vote" that was intended by the original specification.

SegWit is another issue coming up. There's a flaw in the Bitcoin network being exploited by the top miners (ASICBOOST) which also happen to control the Bitcoin Foundation. The BTCF is a political group intended to be something similar to the Linux Foundation, but it was eventually bought up by the top mining hardware's company and is considered a threat to the stability of the network.

It's all very political. I don't think Bitcoin will implode, but this summer is going to be a period of heavy volatility. BTC is not a safe investment if you don't know when to get out of it.

I don't consider ETH a safer bet either, for different reasons. It's likely to be a great pump & dump though.

which exchange lets me deposit funds without scanning any verification documents? I don't want my IDs to be leaked all over the dark/black net

btce

>XEM
>LTC

well memed

those are nice coins that will have excellent gains if we're headed for a bull market, but if this turns bearish most of those asset are going to get pulled down together so be careful

Yeah, basically there's a choice there's a problem with Bitcoin all this new influx of people he's making it very hard on the miners 2 keep up with the demand however they are making big bucks with the fees associated with people trying to get there cryptocurrency faster with faster exchanges there are a couple solutions to this when is a soft Fork the other one is a hard Fork soft Fork is just like a small software update and you can use your past coins they have been doing that however on a hard Fork there is no need for a bunch of new updates but it creates a new blockchain with a simple but very big difference and that is the size of the block so that more transactions can happen right now it takes 10 minutes for 2000 transactions there is a wait time in weeks because of this to update The Ledger completely there is a vote that miners have that voting process is that they simply start mining the new blockchain this will be a problem for Bitcoin because then it will be left to rot while one of the two choices proceeds

Thanks for the input. I chose them based on their projects and after spending some time lurking their communities. What changes would you make?

Interpunction was invented for a reason, m8.

This is a great fucking list. I've got all but waves. Double digit gains all around last day