If you have a decent computer, what's the easiest coin to mine to get started?

If you have a decent computer, what's the easiest coin to mine to get started?

Bitcoin

Bitcoin

Just google crypto mining, retard. There's plenty of charts for that.

Most profitable is buying bitcoin cloud mining, safest is building an ethereum mining rig.

To be profitable/competetive, you need to spend around $16k for an ETH rig.

What does competitive even mean? If you don't live in a place where electricity is crazy expensive, literally 500 dollar PC can be profitable.

Maybe I'm not as up on mining as I thought I was.

Thanks user

For the record, is mining still profitable at this point?

OK if you answer the question my daughter will take you to the Bahamas.

Merge mine Myriad and Unitus and hold them for a while.

I forgot to mention, the Bahamas offer only applies if you're black. My daughter went black and won't go back.

Mining is profitable on some coins like ethereum, zcash, monero, don't expect much on a normal rig though, maybe $60 or so a monto profit. Definitely not for anything that ASICS can mine like bitcoin. If you already have a decent GPU from playing video games (AMD preferred) you may as well mine.

You're probably confusing eth mining with btc mining, which requires specialized, non consumer asic hardware, which indeed can be very expensive.

And to answer your question - yes, eth mining is still profitable. The break even period for your investment can be as low as 2-3 months.

>t.nigger

That's cool user. My penis is black. I cut a black cunt's huge cock off, shrunk it, and always keep it strung to my belt. I will use it to penetrate your daughter during our holiday adventure. She will appreciate my black cock as if I am black.

I have a decent rig, but I need to upgrade the GPU (EVGA GTX 470 Superclocked on an i7 quad-core). I cam't find the hashrate anywhere online for this motherfucker so I assumed 10-12 Mh/s at the high end.

So what's your question, m80?

I guess if mining ETH or ETH tokens is profitable with the current rig. I have an Amazo n CC sitting idle I could buy a new GPU with...

>1495970357092.jpg
sure bud

Only thing that matters is the GPU. With the current one, you'd be making around 50 dollars month. Buy a new AMD graphics card and you could double that easily just from a single card.

Another couple questions (thank you, by the way):

Two GPU double the hashrate? (Ex: A GPU gets an average 20 Mh/s. Adding a second card double that, or are the returns diminishing?)

Once ETH (or any coin) goes PoS, can you still mine?

Yeah, having more gpus scales without diminishing returns unless the motherboard or the PSU is somehow bottlenecking the hashrate.

After PoS you'll have to jump to another crypto, but there's still time to make some profit.

Is mining and dumping alts a bad prospect? Most promising ICOs I've been looking at aren't mineable... unless I'm an idiot.

Not sure about mining those bottom of the barrel alts, I've heard people were mining shitcoins in their early stages and then dumping them after the price goes up, not sure if it's still viable though.

What about GNT? That works on the same blockchain as ETH, right?