Monero

I have been researching Crypto for about 3 months.

It's pretty clear to me that Monero and maybe ETH are the only Cryptos with actual underlying value going into the future. Bitcoin was first and so it has quite a bit of network effects, and for that reason alone, it might remain relevant for many years to come. Litecoin is better than Bitcoin but still not as good as Monero, so I see no reason for it to survive long term. Everything else is a literal ponzi scheme.

Who else agree here?

Inb4 shill. I don't own any Crypto yet. I have just submitted my info to Kraken today. I'm DCAing 5k over the next 6 months in a 35% Monero, 25% ETH, 25% BTC, 10% LTC ratio.

Who else is /smartbiz/ here?

So ETHs OK, but the tokens for the dapps which make eth useful are a ponzi, as are any ethereum or monero competitors or any of the other ideas for that matter

who else is /fuckingretard/ here?

20 billion market cap does t sound like a ponzi to me. Upside hugely outweighs the downside. Think long and expect to loose it all and you'll be in lamboland soon

congrats you just shilled yourself. I bet you're one of those "smart guys" guys who doubted Bitcoin and crypto in general. but now you have it all figured out huh? You don't know shit fool

>teleports behind you
>nothing personal kid

Nobody knows which DAPP tokens will be valuable or if any of those apps will actually be worth anything or get any traction for the tokens to actually start to matter.

It's like betting on Pets.com tokens. You are speculating about what's going to happen at step 4 when we haven't even reached step 2 (will ETH even be worth anything?). I mean you're welcome to gamble (it seems like it's the only thing poorfags in this board can afford to do), but I'm looking for interesting discussion, kthx.

Also Monero is technically (as in, technology wise) ahead of every competitor. So yes, other scam coin ICOs don't matter unless you're looking for more pump&dump candidates or they have established network effects ala BTC and LTC.

>researches crypto for 3 months
>doesn't know anything

Yes it could all be pixy dust but that argument could be used for Tesla. Lots of successful investments have been made off speculation

Nexus - Decentralized internet, cubit satelittes, first blockchain to be independently broadcast and from space
XEM - Extremely innovative tech, global interest definitely has a big future

XMR - hoarded by investors/rarely used by anyone else, and has retarded devs. ( but has ok tech )

ETH - Meant to be used as a 'digital fuel' and has no application as a cryptocurrency, price correction WILL happen eventually

It's pretty clear you're a shit talking nocoiner,

I came to a similiar conclusion a few months back, I also am invested in Sia as well since it also has a value proposition.

Be on the look out for "Tezos" as well as it seems like a valid competitor to ethereum.

Please explain why you guys think Monero is worth anything

>Monero
>having value
nah

>brings up 2 random coins nobody cares about for no reason
I wonder which coins you hold...

same goes for eth, most dapps are worthless, and the ones with semi-useful ideas are centralized to one company, or piece of hardware, or external data. once you leave the ethereum blockchain theres no point in using it for anything than storing data (i.e. tokens) instead of expecting two way interaction. i see no reason why eth wouldn't crash when people realize theres no actual use for these dapp tokens, and so many eth were dumped into funding these icos who are going to want to liquidate at some point.

So you're saying Ethereum will die sooner or later?

>most dapps are worthless
Wrong.

> Falling for a literal "look space!" may-may scam
> NEM -> predistributed tokens, no network effects
> XMR -> "hundreds of fortune 500" pump and dump

Is this copy paste? Feel like i alrrwdy read this bullshit on here.

So whats the most anonymous crypto?
DASH?
Monero?
Zcash?

monero is a fork of a scam (bytecoin). Its proven that their transactions are traceable, plus it relys on a lot of people using it to "hide" your transaccion, which its not happening because no one is actually using it apart from speculators.
LTC is better than BTC from a tech point of view but not for so long. Once BTC catches up LTC is done.
ETH has a lot of hype and a rich ecosystem.

It's not even a Currency, or a crypto. It's meant to be a Digital Fuel, get that through your head

It might grow some more, but personally I aint touching ETH/XMR with a barge pole

Connections to SpaceX, Vector space systems and Elon Musk and they already have the equipment designed and have verifiable rocket launches.

NEM is the first token to largely be adopted by Japan and Asia and it's only competitor is XRP (38BN) supply and has been developed terribly in comparison

You'd have to be a brainlet not to invest, but whatever lel

Actually ETH is a currency that pays for digital fuel.

That's a decent spread and you chose it well

Sounds legit, enjoy your fuel tokens

The idea of smart contracts is not worthless, the ideas behind many DAPPs aren't either... the idea these DAPP tokens will be worth anything as currencies? I doubt it

> Once BTC catches up LTC is done.

If they can do it, then yes LTC is dead, but you are still left with problems of annonymity and privacy which will actually a big deal in the long term.

You say that it's proven that their transactions are traceable but i haven't read anything like that. From my understanding, Monero transactions are untraceable, and with even the mininmum amount of obfuscation the chances of it being traced go from very low, to practically impossible.

Which is the exact opposite of bitcoin where most governments and LE agencies are RIGHT NOW regularly busting dark net users through transaction tracking.

i'm saying its clearly overvalued because people are dreaming about using it in scenarios that will never pan out.

their tokens may not be, but the teams and ideas behind most of the tokens being sold are, so its only a matter of time before no one wants to buy those bags.

dash is probably the worst of them all. if you think zcash's launch was bad dash's was a train wreck. monero's tech isn't great but its better than dash. zcash has the most interesting tech of all but its very new and their mining system is also broken with 20% of all zec mined going to devs. of the three i would probably buy into monero, but not for a few more weeks.

problem is the fee is flexible, so just being useful as fee material doesnt ensure it's worth anything. its value is entirely speculation in ethereum and the many icos, nothing else.

litecoin has bigger problems, it has terrible PR as being nothing more than a playcoin for china, and china itself is terrible PR for any coin right now. anything with heavy chinese involvement spells distrust and disaster. even with segwit i just dont see anyone adopting it for payments let alone it coming close to the usage levels of bitcoin.

>problem is the fee is flexible, so just being useful as fee material doesnt ensure it's worth anything. its value is entirely speculation in ethereum and the many icos, nothing else.
You're right, it's entirely speculation. At least you understand how it works. There's been too many "ETH is fuel" idiots lately and I want to correct them. However, I don't think it's entirely worthless either. It has merit as a cryptocurrency with core features better than bitcoin, and with cool stuff like smart contracts attached to it. Smart contract give ether exposition and popularity, and therefore help ether on the path to becoming a cryptocurrency comparable to bitcoin.