Accepting questions about Mooncoin

Moonfag here, ask me anything. Also what is the reason you think Mooncoin is a scam?

Other urls found in this thread:

bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1733963.msg19244220#msg19244220
discord.gg/98jyqh
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

yes

I completely agree with you.

I want to buy, I really do. But I see this huge fucking wall and I wonder: How is this ever going to fall?

Sticking to Mooncoin is stupid. You've got a 20 btc wall, diminishing volume and whales with automated bots waiting to dump on you. You'll be waiting for its "imminent growth" and "listing on Bittrex" for eternity. Might as well multiply your money in a hundred of different ways.

Aha, and guess what happens when (and if) that wall is finally broken? A new dump by 1-sat buyers. An endless cycle.

It is going to fall only when people do their research and understand that this isn't a scamcoin. Currently, Mooncoin is basically being used as a pump-and-dump currency, and alot of people bought it only for that single reason.

TL;DR wall will fall when people learn more about this coin.

? I see a 33 and growing?

>It is going to fall only when people do their research and understand that this isn't a scamcoin
But its "features" are bogus

There were even bigger walls 2 days ago The reason why it is happening is because people started thinking of Mooncoin as a way to "ez 4x your money", when it actually has tech and developers.

Mooncoin is over, everyone knows that it's a scamcoin now.

If you want to get better at investing, I suggest that you admit to yourself that you got scammed and do what you must to not get scammed again.

This, ive been looking into the ann and its pretty active and the dev has been pretty active

If you want to buy, I think you should throw just a little at it. Before you decide, go take a look at the activity on their ANN. The developers have been actively responding to us. Also, join us on our discord. We are almost done weeding out the dirty shillfags. Please don't come onto the discord to spam us. We are actively working on ideas and projects to help mooncoin. The purpose of the discord is not to shill, but to build community. I have brought up on the ANN the (large) probability that bots are hosing us, and the community is thinking of solutions. There may or may not be large changes to what is happening. The developers are looking to the community for innovation. This is the beginning of a long term endeavor of ours to create value for this coin, and now is just an early time to invest. You can help build your own wealth on the investment by being active in the community if you so choose. If you contribute, you may even be able to score some mooncoin as tips, so you won't have to spend your own money to get a chunk of change.

Sticking to mooncoin is only stupid if you expect short term gainz. I'm personally having fun with the project. Have a nice day Veeky Forums

I think someone simply revived it as an amateur project. It probably has some techy problems down to the mining level, which creates a disbalance and literally makes the coin a p&d playground. And the dev probably can't fix that due to incompetence.

You are showing only one of Mooncoins features, and i doubt you even fully understand what it is about. While i, too don't really understand how Moonword can really be used, there are also things like Smartlikes and Moonlite (dev is working on it).

It was presented as "Mooncoin programming language", and in that respect it's entirely bogus because it's not one

Right now it's features include MoonWord, which as a programmer (not a moon dev) I see potential fun to be had. There is talk on the ANN because the developers realize that smart tipping has already essentially been done with RDD and DOGE. They are looking for innovation.

This is our discord link by the way.
discord.gg/98jyqh

See what i mean? You are thinking of this coin as a way to "easily and fast" multiply your cash (aka pump and dump), when you haven't done your research about this coin, is the dev currently active or not, or what features does it have. If you will only buy this coin for that reason, you will be scammed.

Can you explain why you think why this is a scamcoin? I will answer to any of the concerns you have about it.

>Sticking to mooncoin is only stupid if you expect short term gainz.
I don't understand this obsession with Mooncoin in particular. You can invest literally in any other small cheap coin, because all of them tend to rise in price some day. It's not like Mooncoin is 100% guaranteed to ever succeed or get to Bittrex. There's only a slim chance of that. You can put into a lot of different coins and some of them will certainly grow. But you don't need a sectarian fervor to do that. You only need it if you're desperate to dump your bags on someone else.

It's features are still underdeveloped. It's more of a way to encode messages onto the Moon blockchain. This can be used to permanently have a timestamped record on the chain that cannot be altered after it is written.

Potential uses could be for documentation
Sending messages that can never expire
You could post a script to be parsed on client side

positives: It's permanent and can never go away
the functionality is free to use
negatives: It's permanent and can never be updated
there is a minimum amount of 9,000,000 moon that you would need to be able to utilize the feature. You don't have to spend it. There is no transaction fee and you can simply send it to yourself to encode a message.

Yeah, dude, pump and dump is precisely what this coin is BY FAR. And if it's indeed technically crippled (on a mining level), then it will remain a P&D coin forever

It is more of a blockchain scripting language, not neccesarily a "OMG I WILL MAKE A NEW MINECRAFT WITH THIS" language,

The obsession is because I like the idea that I can help build the project into something that I like. I'm not doing mooncoin for the money, although a future return for my labor would be much appreciated. I like what the potential future implications of MoonWord could offer. Also, the devs are looking to innovate right now, so with enough community to support, the coin can still evolve. Please at least look through the last couple days of messages on the ANN. I like this project, and I'm having fun being a part of it.

That's why there are devs. Plus, can you explain what you mean by "technically crippled on a mining level"?

The devs are currently looking to the community for their input on possible solutions to their problems. When these problems have been resolved, this argument will become false. For proof that this is being discussed, please refer to the ANN. I've posted that link twice now.

Just because there are some devs, it doesn't mean they are competent. The features are basically fluff, and Github is inactive with the exception of small, miniature edits. I suppose this coin has some deep issues with mining and supply, and probably they will remain unresolved.

The community has only shown interest lately. If the community grows, then we might be able to find "More competent devs" as you would put it to help out. I personally have taken a look at the code. Building a coin is a big project. Sure they didn't make leaps and bounds the past few months. They didn't have a community to please. I can understand that. However, now that they know their efforts aren't being overlooked, I expect them to be more motivated. I'm not asking you to invest, and if you do, I'm not telling you to go all in. Before you go saying the devs are incompetent, maybe you could get on the ANN and ask them about their current challenges and what they are doing to resolve them.

>if
>might
That's the point, why bother, when there are so many coins around? For a quick profit, for a long-term profit, for any taste. It's not like Mooncoin is in the top lowest risk league. It's fishy, and already proved itself untrustworthy. Seriously, no one cares about community if the coin has flimsy ground. Do you even know that you're wasting time now? You're trying to promote a community which is, according to your words, supposed NOT to be focused on a quick profit in a place (Veeky Forums) which is full of people looking PRECISELY for that. It's like division by zero.

I've been inactive for the past weeks, what's up with mooncoin? Why is it so shit, I'd like to enjoy the mess.

Thanks

We had a horde of people try to pump it and dump it from a 1 sat value for a quick profit. The shills made the movement lose credibility quickly. They wayy overdid it, and I apologize for that. Right now, the coin is still very cheap, and we have huge buy and sell walls. However, working to make the coin into something could show massive returns even on a small investment. I know that Veeky Forums is a little dried up on people that are interested right now. However, I have no problem revealing factual information to stop anti-shilling which is hurting us almost as badly as the shilling in the first place. That is why I'm "wasting" my time here.

I like the idea of playing a role in the evolution of Mooncoin. I watched another altcoin, PINK, rise up out of the darkness, and I see potential in MOON. I missed out on the beginning steps of PINK, and while pinkcoin is dear to my heart, I want to show the same love to mooncoin that the pink community showed to theirs. I see it as a seed that needs some tending to so it can grow. While I'm not busy looking at crypto charts, I'm working with mooncoin as a fun hobby that could show me some real value as it evolves.

Most of all I dislike hypocrisy. Why are you trying to convince me that this is a legit long-term community, if it's mostly promoted in a den of quick profiteers that is Veeky Forums? If YOU'RE promoting it among quick profiteers? That simply doesn't make sense. Just for your information, DOGE was promoted among normies back in the day. After all, Mooncoin is DOGE's copycat, and tries to imitate it in lots of ways, starting with the motto. As long as you're promoting this "long-term, idea-driven" community among people looking for a quick buck, that mere fact negates whatever you say.

OP here.

How has it proved itself untrustworthy? If you think that alot of shills prove that a coin is untrustworthy, then by your definition, RDD and BitBean are too (they aren't.)

Thing is, if its supposed to moon, its slowly crash that huge sell wall.
By then, everyone has time to react and invest.
In the meantime, stop shilling. If its supposed to be something then people outside of biz will do the real thing.

Absolutely no reason to invest now when its pretty much useless to do so.
Better stay safe and invest when its pumping than investing and losing 50%

Dude, every other altcoin is a Bitcoins copycat in some way. And the fact that the ENTIRE of Veeky Forums is just a nest of pump and dumpers, is just untrue.

Also i don't get what do you mean by "copied Dogecoins slogan." Dogecoins slogan is "To the moon!", while Mooncoin's slogan is "You know where it's headed."

Mooncoin is being promoted not only on Veeky Forums. I have seen some tweets, facebook and even reddit posts about Mooncoin.

How? Don't you seriously understand how? Well, maybe because there was a massive coordinated shilling campaign here, a lot of stupid newfags lost money, someone multiplied their coins thanks to them, and now the coin is nothing but dead stale, and you don't know when (and if) it will ever break that 20-btc wall, while bagholding shills are still begging to bail them out, promising imminent growth, listing on Bittrex and other bullshit. That's how, basically.

We appreciate your strong feelings for mooncoin, please continue publicising mooncoin.

That isn't the coins fault though. It is the part of the community, that wanted to make a quick buck out of it. Why do you think that shortly after the shilling stopped, the price started to drop? You are blaming the coin for community's actions. That's what the Discord group are trying to prevent now.

Jeez, you're in denial, aren't you? Are you seriously trying to tell me that a coin name MOON coin isn't copying DOGE's slogan? And I've seen the thread, they love to compare themselves with DOGE. Seriously, learn to acknowledge when you're wrong.

As for Veeky Forums, it's a place of people looking for profit, quick or long-term, that's a fact. If you're building your community on people looking for a buck, and at the same time claiming that the coin is NOT for speculation and moneymaking, but for tipping and shit (just like Doge back in the day), you're obviously lying.

I heard the dev is back?

what does he propose

>It is the part of the community, that wanted to make a quick buck out of it
How is that part of the community worse than the other, that is now trying to lure in new investors from Veeky Forums so that the old bagholders are able to sell with a higher profit? I seriously don't understand

If you don't believe in the community, please just go look at the discord and the ANN. I have posted links to both. I agree, most of the people here don't want to work for their money. I just want to provide the legitimate facts about the coin, so if (and I know I said if) this coin starts to take off in a few weeks/ next month, you'll understand that it is because many people are putting work into the coin. I'm not asking you to buy in right now. And as long as people keep posting anti-moon dogma on this thread, I will return to correct them. If you want this thread to die, then don't throw straw-man arguments at me. If you do want to present an argument, back it up with hard evidence. I know moon needs work. We are working on it.
I apologize for the huge shill campaign once again. Those people wanted fast money. We've almost got them all weeded out. They don't represent those of us that actually want to put work into mooncoin.

I do not deny that Veeky Forums is a place for profiters. Let's be honest, everyone wants profits.

But didn't you say that Veeky Forums is a den of QUICK profiters? We are trying to target those who are in it for long-term, not for quick pump and dump. And I never did say that Mooncoin isn't for making money. Talk about lying.

i bought at one sat, part of the discord, etc. but I'm having my doubts...

the dev just seems really unprofessional. he's not really doing anything at a decent pace, the twitter still uses the old logo, the banner is something is some random image that he doesn't own and isn't related to mooncoin, and the way he talks isn't very... well, good. and he posts random stuff and doesn't really treat mooncoin's publicity in a very business-like manner.

The devs are currently proposing to not continue building the smartlikes as it has been done already with Doge and RDD. They are looking at the community's wants as far as how to fix any issues with the currency. There is discussion on the ANN proposing PoS or PoS/PoW hybrid. It is all being discussed on the ANN and is available to be read here:

Well, there isn't just one dev, but a team of developers who are now working on the coin as far as I know.

Lmfao

It's like putting your life savings on something called fidget-spinnercoin

You tools are way too easy

>If you don't believe in the community
I don't, but that should not concern you in any way, mister shill. Try to understand that the mere fact that you're wasting a tremendous amount of time and effort promoting your community in a place for profiteers while at the same time claiming that Mooncoin is NOT for profiteers exposes you as a liar.

In other words, what I'm trying to explain is that Mooncoin is an absolute failure. It failed as a pump&dump coin already, and it also failed as a long-term coin. Because instead of promoting it among normies, it is mostly promoted among NEETs looking for a quick buck. Let alone that it's name is "Moon".

Are you a paid shill or just a delusional bagholder?

It is a 100% scamcoim. It has no "features", only memes

Anyone that bought at the high will never be able to even break even

Why don't you go read the ANN, and then talk about there being no features. You obviously have only seen the surface.

Explain why that is.

These are things that we should discuss with the devs. Implementing a large change to mooncoin is something that requires planning. moon does have it's problems right now, but they can be overcome. As someone who has programmed before, you need to know where you want to go before you just get willy-nilly with features. You can program yourself into a corner if you do. I don't blame you for having doubts. I, for one, definitely did not invest my entire portfolio into Moon. I can spare the change I put into it, and I am enjoying being a part of the community. From my experience with PINK, they had a similar issue and had to resolve it by creating an entire new blockchain and implementing a coin swap. It was massively successful. But for now, the devs are trying to come up with the best solution possible to deliver quality.

>Let's be honest, everyone wants profits.
Dude, can you see how your joke of a community always looks up to Doge? And did you know that Doge in its early days was NOT for profiteers? It was promoted for social tipping and among people absolutely unfamiliar with trading. Even the moon metaphor wasn't even about price speculation.

Veeky Forums is not for normies. Veeky Forums is for profit only. Building your base on Veeky Forumsraelis and then posing as a coin for normies is a deception.

Mooncoin is a LIE. An absolute, total LIE.

Your only reply to any criticism is to just claim your opponent is uninformed and to go educate themselves, and instead of doing it yourself, you just deflect.

You obviously don't even understand any of these "features" yourself

You're just another retarded shill

This coin is dead

It was bound to fail as a pump-and-dump coin, because we didn't expect it to be one. Also, you cannot know if it failed as a long-term too, if we started literally 4 days ago.

I'm not wasting time and energy at all. I am enjoying the argument. It shows me what I need to know, and sometimes your arguments provide me with valid questions that I can take to the devs. In the long run, I think this coin can make me a good profit. I'm not shilling here. I am not being an enthusiastic false customer. I am openly admitting where the coin has faults, and I am a real customer. I'm not going to "dump my bags." I don't need my money back on the moon I bought anytime soon. I am not delusional. I know that there is a lot of work to be done. I watched the same thing happen to PinkCoin. I think Moon can become a good thing.

If you understand the features better, go ahead. I will surely correct you.

OP my balls sag so low they scrape the floor. I've been on biz for well over a year when shillcoiners were rare. In came the meme coins: Trumpcoin, pepecoin, etc. And they all came chock full of "really neet features". They were all memes, everyone of them. And the smartballs that orchestrated those memes profitted well off saps like you. But you know what, you're probably right OP.

This time it could be different.

This time a new memecoin could really esplode and make you rich(literally has moon in the name if you didnt realize it's a meme.)

This time, you've really done your due diligence.

This time you'll probably get those lambo dreams.

This time history won't repeat again because this time this memecoin will do ________ (insert reason).

Or... you might be wrong. Again.

We all know that Veeky Forums is for profits, but it matters what kind. If you are in it for a PnD, then yes. If you are in it for long term holding and building a community, then I strongly disagree. Also, I just said that it isn't promoted on Veeky Forums only. Currently we are working on a informative video about Mooncoin, and spreading news on FB, Twitter and Reddit.

We aren't trying to be DOGE. You however seem like you want us try to be DOGE.

I have to agree with you on this. It is a 50/50 chance. But if we go and actually show what Mooncoin has, instead of making fake pictures about BBC talking about Mooncoin and shitty shilling, the chances of success will increase.

Veeky Forums is a community on its own, just enter any thread and enjoy the atmosphere.

What about Mooncoin, you, shills, recently started to portray it as a "normie coin". It's not possible if all your user base comes from newfag bagholders who bought into your fairytales about Moon and shit. It's a deception (otherwise it would be really promoted among normies)

And a deception needs to be exposed.

>FB, Twitter and Reddit
All these platforms don't matter if you don't have a following there, so far I can clearly see that the primary source of "community building" for Mooncoin is Veeky Forums, and it actually seems to be the ONLY source of new members

>We aren't trying to be DOGE
That's precisely what you're trying to do, you're named "Moon". "Moon" is a DOGE meme.

tldr; attempts to make Mooncoin look less of a scam actually make it MORE scammy

Well, what steps would you take then? You seem like you are so smart, then enlighten me on what we are doing wrong. If you are going to post "None lol, this is a scam", you shouldn't even.

So because it is named after a meme, it should necessarily become the source of the meme?

I pretty much described the steps in my very first post Yes, I've seen the ANN and they refer to DOGE pretty often, they also like to say pretentious phrases like "Mooncoin and Doge" etc

The developers know that it is important to separate themselves from DOGE and are looking for innovation right now. They are not trying to be like DOGE. This image is from the ANN

Wait, how does referring to a coin make it become the referred coin? You are seriously confusing me user.

While I understand your concerns, and I really appreciate that you are trying to help, I feel like you have got it all wrong. All this coin needs is some exposure.

>Wait, how does referring to a coin make it become the referred coin?
Naming itself after one pretty much does, at least hints at it. I don't understand why this bothers you so much, it's not like it's the main issue with Mooncoin.

It does hint at it, but doesn't neccesarily mean that MOON is copying every single bit of DOGE.

And I wasn't the one who mentioned it first. I don't really see how is it even an issue honestly.

bumpies