BIT 148 is coming on august 1. Time to remove btc from exchanges

BIT 148 is coming on august 1. Time to remove btc from exchanges.
Anyone knows where jaxx stands about it?

all info here:
weusecoins.com/uasf-guide/

youtube.com/watch?v=QjZk7N7RXfA

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/6bkk3c/by_request_how_to_signal_uasf_a_guide_for_dummies/
uasf.co/
medium.com/@lukedashjr/bip148-and-the-risks-it-entails-for-you-whether-you-run-a-bip148-node-or-not-b7d2dbe85ce6
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Bump. Do you guys realize we will soft fork, we'll have bip 148 bitcoin and classic bitcoin and price will probably fluctuate a lot?

Veeky Forums is too low IQ for this

i've been talking about this for a month, telling people to run an UASF node to kill Jihad Wu, get segwit activated and begin the road to $10000

they are too focused on pumping shitcoins

please explain in more detail

So how does this work if you have your coins on a desktop wallet?
Are they "neutral" at that point? And If they're on an exchange then they're on the network that the exchange is signalling?

dude mooncoin is worth it though

Will this effect ETH or the wider alt coin market?

>all those dumb confused boomers in the comment section
oh boy. this is how i know i'll get so rich in 10 years, we are so ahead of the pack it's unbeliable.

Likely.

I posted a few USAF threads too, they all got about 1 reply.

99% of biz don't understand what it is they're buying and selling.

*UASF

BIP148?

Idk Jaxx their stance but I am expecting every major exchange/wallet provider to support BIP148. It just doesn't make sense otherwise.

Here's a useful plebbit guide for people who would like to support the UASF.

reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/6bkk3c/by_request_how_to_signal_uasf_a_guide_for_dummies/

Keep spreading awareness. UASF is going to be a huge success and it will all be thanks to the community.

Aug 1st is going to be Bitcoin's independance day. Fuck Jihan. Fuck Roger. Fuck ASICBOOST.

This. Jihan Wu and his BUniggers need to fuck off. We should all invest a small part of the profits we made on shitcoins on setting up a UASF node

These comments:

> Dude - SERIOUSLY????? 99% of the population have NO IDEA what you are saying NOR do we care. We just expect it to work and if the developers want or expect people to use Alt Coins - IT HAS TO WORK. If it fails - people will lose ALL CONFIDENCE in Cryptocurrencies especially if they lose their HARD EARNED MONEY buying into it. This NONSENSE of Validating, blah blah blah is exactly that......NONSENSE. As soon as people LOSE their money because it is TOO FRICKEN COMPLICATED - It will be GAME OVER.

> Silver is much easier.

KEK.

>elegant, safe scaling solution has been blocked by Bitmain for years
>nobody knows why
>a guy reverse engineers one of their miners and it turns out to have a hidden functionality called ASICBOOST
>ASICBOOST makes it easier to mine blocks, works best when blocks are near empty
>For years, ASICBOOST has been leading to centralization of miners in Bitcoin, and now everyone knows why
>Multiple mining chip manufacturers went out of business due to this ASICBOOST shit Bitmain pulled off
>Bitmain does everything to stop SegWit from being activated, they buy a shitton of shill and bribe multiple figureheads in Bitcoin such as Roger Ver, Stephen Pair (bitpay), Jon Matonis and many more.
>bitcoin needs 95% miners to signal for segwit to activate it
>they never signal obviously because it is in their financial interest to keep blocking it
>they invent a ridiculous scheme called bitcoin unlimited and push for 2mb blocks under the guise of improving scaling
>its complete bullshit and just helps them centralize Bitcoin more and bleed it for profits
>after years, the community gets sick of the blocking Bitmain is doing, they are effectively keeping Bitcoin from scaling up
>Everyone mad because Bitcoin could already be at $10,000 if it wasn't for them blocking the upgrade.
>Bitcoin developers decide they have had enough and draft BIP148, this BIP will force miners to signal segwit by nodes rejecting any non-segwit signalling blocks
>On success, SegWit will finally be in and ASICBOOST will be killed.
>This leads to a more valuable Bitcoin
>And also leads to a more decentralized Bitcoin because the miner monopoly has been killed

tl;dr support UASF BIP148 if you want $10k+ Bitcoin

Good summary. But notice that a segwit HF would NOT kill covert ASICBOOST, which is why they came up with that "2MB+segwit" all in one package in the Consensus 2017 thing hoping that people would eat it up.

Segwit has to be enabled by way of SF, which is another reason they are scared of UASF (beside the fact it sets the precedent that users rule over miners)

But ultimately, the real test will be to see people dumping legacy coins for 148 coins.

If that happens and 148 outperforms legacy coins, then it's pretty much done deal, hashrate will have to follow, and people that risked buying 148 coins will potentially double their bitcoins.

>and people that risked buying 148 coins will potentially double their bitcoins
What does this mean and how would it work, I've seen this mentioned before

KYS SILBERT SHILLS

Let btc and coindesk fucking burn.

Bitcoin can't fork due to the two week difficulty adjustment period. Unless both forks have roughly equal hashrate it will take forever for the minority fork to find a block and it will become useless.

Yes, you are absolutely right about the 2MB+SegWit agreement. It has to activate through soft fork because apart from SegWit, the ASICBOOST bugfix is in there.

I absolutely do not support the Silbert agreement and I think he should fuck off. 1MB SegWit is the way to go, and I'm expecting we are going to win this one.

I am counting on a soft fork, but in the event of a hard fork SegWit 1MB BTC will beat the shit out of anything else.

For anyone reading this and you have questions about the UASF, take some time to read this uasf.co/

HF causes two chains meaning the coins you currently hold on core will also be on 148.

every wallet and exchange will probably say their stance explicitely before UASF happens. So you just need to keep an eye on that.

may be a dumb question, but why would it be at 10k?

how do i make profits out of this?

i have shitcoins and some bitcoins, what do?

each individual btc would be more valuable, probably because there would be less, and miners have less of a monopoly

• 95% of hashrate locks-in segwit before August 1st. No chain split at all.

• 51% of hashrate deploys BIP148 before August 1st. No chain split at all.

• 51% of hashrate deploys BIP148 after August 1st. Chain split gets resolved.

• Legacy miners are compelled by the economy to switch to BIP148 after Aug 1st. Chain split gets resolved.

medium.com/@lukedashjr/bip148-and-the-risks-it-entails-for-you-whether-you-run-a-bip148-node-or-not-b7d2dbe85ce6

Also notice how some people are building businesses on the ability to trace coins too, and they just happen to be among those blocking segwit. KYC-Coin would be most beneficial to them.

This is such a sickening "consumer" mentality. Wants to make absolutely zero effort to understand the technology. Probably think there's some "bitcoin ceo" that needs to get his act together and hand him his finished product.

>I'll have none of it, Mr. Bitcoin!

this made me laugh pretty hard

I will dump all stocks of Bitcoin if you don't stop confusing me with all this technical mumbo jumbo, sir! I demand to see the manager this instant!

Is it OK to keep a few alt coins on, say, Bittrex during the soft fork? Or do I have to remove everything?

Remove everything until consensus is achieved

nigga i didn't understand a fucking thing from this video no wonder nobody buys btc

So if I bought bitcoin what do i do?

should i wait til august to invest in bitcoin?

alts aren't affected by BTC protocol beefs. if anything, it'll pump them

Move it to a locally owned wallet like Electrum/Bitcoin Core/Bitcoin Classic

You should wait to see whether severe volatility can be taken advantage of just prior to the soft fork cutoff date (August 1st). BTC isn't going to implode in value; There's too much momentum behind it. There will be major turbulence if UASF doesn't hit >51% though.

before this happens im going to keep most of my stuff in ETH. ETH has already proven over the last week that it can survive independent of btc

How does seg-wit help anonymize transactions? So far as I can tell from reading, moving the witness data doesn't change a thing as far as traceability.

I'm totally down with bip-148 though. Chinese/bitmain (or any nation/group) centralization will be the death of cryptos unless it's stopped.

>reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/6bkk3c/by_request_how_to_signal_uasf_a_guide_for_dummies/
So.....uhh what does this do for me?

tl;dr
If you own bitcoin and you run a bip148 node, you increase the chance that you'll make more money
If you mine bitcoin, you will lose money in the short run.

Nocoiner here, I've been eyeballing the market since January of this year and I'm experiencing some pretty bad "why the fuck didn't I get in sooner" right now. But I'm still hesitant to throw money at what appear to be mostly speculation bubbles at this point. Can you give me any advice based on what you know?

Consensus? I thought Bitcoin was already launched and no one could mess its code or mod it. Now you are telling me people can mess with it?

Ok, ill get that up and running so with this thing being introduced on august 1st. And the chinese crash happening in june. Will this cause the price of bitcoin to skyrocket? or plummet before recovering. I am just trying to figure when to buy btc and hold.