Wallet Thread

Lads, I decided to heed your advice and move the bulk of my funds out of exchanges and into hard wallets. The problem is that I have over 11 years of syncing to accomplish. Is this normal for someone who downloaded a wallet to have to do?
>pic very related

Other urls found in this thread:

reddcoin.com/how-to-re-sync-blockchain-3x-faster/
github.com/reddcoin-project/reddcoin/releases
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They didn't mean shitcoins.

>BTC and ETH
>Shitcoin
Bud, I'm asking if it's normal to take potentially days to sync a wallet with the blockchain. Just wondering if I was going to be able to use them anytime soon, since there are several ICOs I want to be a part of, but I need an independent address outside of an exchange.

What ICOs are you looking at, out of curiosity

Redd...

Get electrum and my ether wallet. You don't need the blockchain.

Aeternity, Bancor, and I'd throw a couple bucks into SEC.

myetherwallet is an online platform? Doesn't sound as secure.

I'm in the same boat, I wanted an ethereum node to participate in ico fast because myEtherWallet shit the bed under load.

I think my mist gonna sync for another 24h, it's insane.

OP, follow this guide to boostrap sync RDD; done overnight for me:

reddcoin.com/how-to-re-sync-blockchain-3x-faster/

> download latest from: github.com/reddcoin-project/reddcoin/releases
> close wallet
> extract to your wallet dir
> reopen wallet

Curious, what other security practices are you employing in addition to hard wallet? Am super paranoid about getting hacked; two friends recently got hacked for $1mil+ in btc.

You probably have an HDD instead of an SSD like me.

Shit takes 2-3 days to fully download even when using --fast commands.

But yeah check your clocks, and remember NEVER delete your key storage. If you do, those coins are gone forever.

Not a /g/fag, what's a dir? And I only use this laptop hardwired in my own house, two factor authentication for wallets, regular virus scans, etc. Nothing noteworthy, just a hybrid of common-sense and best practices.

might not be the right place to ask, but i have an ether wallet question

downloaded ether wallet from github, and transferred eth into it. now it's asking for a password i didn't set up

help

directory

You should have been able to skip setting up a password in the menus before launching the actual app. Don't know what to tell you man.

Thanks papi. Doing this now.

i did just that i think, is what scares me

there's no "default" password i can locate

nocoin cuck here

which bitcoin wallet and market exchange do guys recommend for a nigga tryin to invest several thousand?

Bank to Coinbase. Coinbase to Bittrex.

Try empty password, should work if you didn't set up a password.

this

tried empty password "", one space, "password", "admin", everything simple i could think of

i set it up like 2 days ago, and i am like 99% sure i didn't put in any password for it

Everything is generated client side. You can download it on their GitHub and run it offline if you want, you don't have anything to worry about.

how to two factor your wallets ? thats my dream