What are the greatest human accomplishments mankind has ever achieved besides going to the moon

What are the greatest human accomplishments mankind has ever achieved besides going to the moon

The discovery of anal sex.

That was a shitty, useless achievement. World wide connectivity through the internet is far more impressive.

Butthurt Ivan detected.

buzzkill autist detected

Robot Wars

Great contributions!

Not even him but the internet is far more impressive

Taming rivers and sea shores like they did in the Nile, Mesopotamia, Yellow River and the Netherlands.

The pyramids still impress me, it's kinda disappointing when people today just brush it off like, "meh it's just a pile of rocks".

Language, reading and writing.

The discovering of Agriculture

Invention of Anime

fire, wheel and electricity you autists

Make smallpox extinct, nuke Japan, abolish slavery.

Kind of hard to argue this one desu

this

anyone who underestimates the internet has no fucking clue. Greatest thing since the printing press, and leagues better than it too.

this.

Turning poisonous crops into food, like the potato is pretty great.

Same with domesticating animals.

Writing comes at a close second.

Don't get me wrong, the moonlanding was a fantastic achievement, but is massively overrated. It was little more than showboating. There's a reason why we never went back.

>There's a reason why we never went back.
Not including the other five manned missions, right?

The internet is literally just a bunch of slightly faster printing presses roped together.

I was contemplating making this exact thread but worded differently.

Everytime I see the moon I'm just awestruck that men walked upon its surface less than a century after the first powered flights and the most destructive wars in history.

What a mad, wonderful world. No wonder aliens stay the fuck away from us.

It still amazes, most people today shrug and say,"what's the big deal", but going to outer space and walking on the moon in the fucking 60s is incredible. We have all this technology today yet so far nothing as come close to the space race.

I dont think people like you, or really anyone in general, understand just how profound man walking on the moon is. The science, the bravery and the sheer phyical will.

man did it... for once, actually achieved a dream.

The ultimate story about the boatbuilder and the adventurer.

......and they came back

Lenguage and agriculture.

And a space shuttle is nothing but a bunch of metal and some fuel

Next step will be Mars. Hope some smart people figure out how to start a colony there.

This. For thousands of years Man has looked at the moon with the hopes of reaching it. Anyone who was a part of it, from ground control to the astronauts to the guy configuring the flight simulator can go to the grave knowing that they were part of something so great.

Most architectural marvels are just showboating too. We don't need pyramids, cathedrals, and skyscrapers, but they are still respected as great and inspiring achievements of man.

Why we never went back? Why do people always say this? There are several Moon missions. What is it supposed to be an annual tradition?

I think we're looking at this wrong. Achievements of humanity are pointless, what is the moon landing a part of? Our march towards oblivion.
What is more important than that?

Individual achievement and experience. The highest ecstasies of love. Nirvana. These are, in themselves, more complete than the entirety of human history.

gassing the kikes whether it really happened or not

at least it's the intention that counts right?

The internet is basically just a telephone that sends documents. It's a digital fax machine, essentially.

>tfw

omg, the autism in this post. The moon landing was impressive but kid, grow up. As you talk to be over this slightly faster printing press, just think about how much information is available to you including the landings over this slightly faster printing press, or whatever retarded autistic shit metaphor you want to use for the internet.

inventing eurobeat