How do you guys do this shit? None of these shitcoins have any action at all...

How do you guys do this shit? None of these shitcoins have any action at all...I used to day trade S&P eMini futures and that was action. I used to trade FX and that was action. Now I'm wagecucking in a job where I'm not allowed to do so. However, Veeky Forums sold me on the shitcoin meme. I've been watching all weekend and there's like no volatility...something will spike out of nowhere then slowly sell off.

Every. Fucking. Time.

What coins can I actually make a night of tonight trading in and out of? Capital isn't a problem.

>IN B4 MOON

Rejecting MOON has become a meme, but you will regret it later. Its very cheap now, and money is pouring in very quickly now. It has the highest volume on Bleutrade and soon to be listed on Bittrex.

> I've been watching all weekend and there's like no volatility

>and soon to be listed on Bittrex
No shit, dude. Just keep your faith strong.

kys mooncuck. I shan't be buying your bags.

This is hilarious, I'm the one who wrote that post

Now it became a meme

>I used to day trade and now I'm wagecucking

are you the 90% who fail to be profitable?

Anyway, as you know from daytrading you need lots of liquidity, you want lots of eyes on a stock. Tbh ETH is not bad for daytrading. It swings a good 5% intraday pretty often, crashed almost 50% from its ATH in just a few hours. i would go with that

buy high, sell low

it's. that. easy.

She'd be bangable if it weren't for the tat next to her tit.

Moon was always a holding coin for the HUGE gainz, how did you expect to day trade a 1 sat coin?

Sort of but not really. Did it while I was pursuing my degree. Got said degree and the salary for what I do is guaranteed and a lot better. I don't mind wagecucking, I'm more normie than autist NEET, desufampai.

Funny m8. I'm just getting bored with this that's all.

gotcha. Ill probably have the same life desu. Been learning how to daytrade for 1.5 years and I'm a year from graduating engineering. Hopefully my job will have some spare time to trade during the day but I doubt it

Yeah I doubt it lol. Plus day trading is kind of a meme in traditional markets. You need information and you're either going to pay for it (which will make you non-profitable) or you're going to work in an industry where you have the information (in this case you won't be allowed to trade) or you will get rekt because you don't have the info.

I was hoping crypto day trading would have some ability to be exploited since it's so new. I think it does but jesus christ this is dull....

no..

Nah i daytrade purely on technical analysis and I' pretty good at it too. I trade penny stocks which are much more predictable than futures. What are you referring to when you say you need information? As in trading courses to learn? or be some kind of insider info? I have never paid for either.

How new are you to crypto? Because It's only dull right now because everyone is scared of the huge crash that just happened a couple days ago. Before that the market was the most bullish thing Ive ever seen, coins going 500% overnight.

I've had to radically change my strategy for crypto and I suspect so will you. There are no reliable patterns here it's basically 100% pump and dumps. You have no idea where the floor is or the top. I tried aiming for 5-10% gains on a trade when I first started but I realized there's no point because Id sell wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too soon. And there's no point in cutting losses because we're in such a bull market that coins almost always came back up. Honestly the best strategy for max profits in crypto is to just hodl.

I was referencing traditional markets: equities, fixed income, commodities, etc. To be successful "day trading" this you need information. Not inside information but expert analysis from market movers (i.e. institutional research).

Technical analysis is a meme my friend. You may think it works but it's voodoo and everyone in the investment industry laughs at it regularly.

I am admittedly new to crypto and before this minor crash I will admit I was enjoying trading this marketplace. However, since then it's been dull as fuck.

>watching all weekend
>no volatility
>all weekend
>weekend
There's your problem. I have many reservations against cryptos but lack of volatility isn't one of them.

See people say that TA doesnt work, but I believe it does. Maybe not every single pattern "oh here's a pennant flag U shape wedge pattern" but, at least in penny stocks, it's quite easy to see where the emotions come in during extreme price movements and it becomes easy to predict based off of just simple support and resistance levels and watching level 2. I also don't know how you daytrade; most of my trades are just a few minutes long. Some as quick as 10 seconds

I know several portfolio managers that manage 100MM+ that would call you a fucking retard for dismissing TA

I know several people who manage 100+ Billion dollar portfolios who would tell you to suck a nut

You can achieve the same thing by being able to read an order book (i.e. the 'tape').

Source would be nice. We have a researcher that does TA but they are the least subscribed to in the firm.

Ah sorry, one other thing. TA can work because algos can be more likely to trade on TA. Something will work if enough traders in the market are acting on it.

But in reality, it's voodoo.

I know TA doesn't work on stocks which are dominated by algo trading but on penny stocks it works because it's mostly humans who trade them. Also, what time frame are you referring to? Because the bigger the timeframe the less TA works. I know this which is why I'm in and out of trades in less than an hour.

In the end, there's a million different trading strategies and this one has been working for me. You do you, friend.

Ain't mad at you user. If it works then by all means. I have plenty of money through wagecucking and am young and invest plenty traditionally. We both have what works for us and I'm happy you're making money.

Do you think TA works well in cryptos? I'd have to assume, given the tech savvy nature of folks involved in cryptos, that there'd be a lot of bot/algo trading.

Thotz?

I did a co-op at the asset management arm of one of Canada's largest banks back in winter '16, and every Tuesday all the PM's would meet in the morning with the CIO and discuss their outlooks on their respective markets (equity, fixed income, currencies). The meeting would always cap off with a contribution from our resident technical guy, who was the ONLY ONE calling for a breakout to new highs in late 2016 (keep in mind this was in Jan/Feb when everything was getting BTFO). All the "muh fundamentals" guys were calling for underweights going into the rest of the year and ended up looking stupid.

People here use TA all the time. "meme triangles" kek
As to if it works, well it has to be in conjunction with whatever coin is being pumped. That way people use it as "evidence" that the coin is actually mooning and get more people to buy.

oh ya, bots, whales putting up fake walls, you name it. But it's easy to see on the orderbook.

The best strategy I can think of to help you out is finding a coin that's being shilled like mad here (you'll be too late to buy, it will have already been pumped) and then put it on a watchlist, come back 5-10 days later after it has been pumped and subsequently dumped, then you buy. It will almost always be pumped again. Set up your limit sells and start scaling out slowly, I usually put them at 50% and 100% gain. Did that multiple times with THC coin, take a look at the chart. Same thing with DGB and RDD.

Lol...TA guy isn't going to know shit vs. talking to your traders in the trenches. But after all, Canadia isn't known for highly successful financial firms.

Thanks for the input user. Didn't work too well with MOON tho.

Nah, MOON i avoided like the plague. That was the most obvious pump from 1 satoshi which makes it super dangerous because you can get dumped on at 2 satoshi because the whales doubled their money. They need to have at least some sort of news/tech to be successful pumps. Moon coin was the crappiest pump ive ever seen

Should've bought XRP 3 months ago. You would have gotten 2000% gains.

No real altcoin trading is going to occur while BTC is unstable. All this shit's in the same boat.

Come back in a month after BTC's Wall St bull rush is over, then you can get your MOON & DGB fix.

>Now I'm wagecucking in a job where I'm not allowed to do so
you will like crypto trading a lot, you can scam people and you will not end in a job that you aren't allowed to touch trading like you.

>inb4 moon
Well there's your problem, sir. Seems you have a small mental deficiency called "moon blindness." Open up your eyes and see that we're all getting Mac's Tonight!