Are you a vegan?

Are you a vegan?

If not, you must somehow justify the murder and torture you put animals through on a daily basis. I bet it's something like "they aren't human."

Well I've got news for you. That reasoning is a spook. It has you by the balls, and you are so thoroughly spooked that you ignore what's right.

Do what Stirner would want. Become a vegan today.

Why should be a vegan?
Other's suffering is a spook
Pity is a spook

The weak should fear the strong

Animals are already killed, the only difference is if they are killed for a reason or their sufffering would be wasted for nothing.

>Do what Stirner would want
The desires of a dead man are a spooky

I am a vegetarian and a Stirnerite but the idea that Stirner would enforce ethical veganism is laughably bad trolling

>trolling
That's a spook. Why would I do that?

>"But mummy, why do I have to use the toilet instead of pooping on the dinner table" -the philosophy.

Stirner is gay and making an hyperbolic point, you fag.
I only eat animals that I know.
I believe eating animals you didn't see alive is unhuman. It desenitizes you from the reality of the biological world that gives you everything.
I also try to only eat plants I know, unless I am traveling.
I do these things for the aforementioned reason and ethical consumerism.
Here is a tip from a pro.
>food doesn't come from pic related.
Humans are missing out on everything that made us human in the first place.
We are incomplete, we are anachronisms, our adaptations destroyed the environment we adapted to, soon ourselves, nothing will be around to see the irony.

I don't justify it, i'm just a heartless nigger

My justification for eating animals is I want to.

no it's not, it's I can to you meme loving fuck

But don't plants have a natural right to exist as well? We're animals, no matter how you look at it we need to consume other living things to survive.

Are you a fruititarian?

If not, you must somehow justify the murder and torture you put plants through on a daily basis. I bet it's something like "they aren't animals."

Well I've got news for you. That reasoning is a spook. It has you by the balls, and you are so thoroughly spooked that you ignore what's right.

Do what Stirner would want. Become a fruititarian today.

You're half-right OP.

You don't have a moral leg to stand on if you eat meat, it just doesn't make any sense. But I don't claim eating meat is moral; morality is a spook.

>Not eating this meat

natural rights are legitimately a spook

If we ignore the whole morality being a spook part Id still say that killing and eating an animal is clearly not a productive to the goal of trying to prevent as much suffering as possible because the animal would not only feel the pain of the wounds you would inflict but would also be disturbed in its final moments because the will to live is naturally engrained in them. You would not only cause it physical pain but also mental stress. I however still eat meat and other products for which animals are exploited. Not because I cant muster the piety to do so and not because I, despite the presented arguments, value my own personal enjoyment of the products higher but because the animal which meat I eat would die anyway. It doesnt make a difference if I buy and eat the steak or another person does. In todays society I am not responsible, as an individual mind you, for the death and suffering of the animals whose meat I eat because I personally didnt slaughter them I am merely eating their carcass. If anyone is to blame for their suffering it would be the owners of the farms responsible for breeding them. Just my 2 Cents on the matter.

I simply don't care if they taste good. I would eat you if I knew for sure you were delicious

If I can, but I don't want to, I won't. Action follows from the alignment of want and power.

I'm a registered dietitian, there are a few good reasons to be a vegetarian but your health isn't really one of them.

Stirner sold milk

/thread

>Why should be a vegan?
Why should you be moral at all?

Why not kill your own mom lol?

Stupid questions itt

Even though vegetarians have less cancer and other diseases

You're a shit dietician.

non-human consciousness is a spook

>Even though vegetarians have less cancer and other diseases

[citation needed]

You're comparing vegetarians with people who are on the mcdonalds diet. If done right, a balanced diet that includes mostly non-staturated fat you will be fine.

>You're a shit dietician.

Oh man, guess I better have the Commission on Dietetic Registration revoke my certification because a guy who isn't an RDN on Veeky Forums said I'm bad at my job.

I don't really need to justify murder and torture, i only need to justify murder. And there's nothing wrong with painless killing for feeding.

Assuming the animals who are slaughtered are actually done so painlessly, which is hard to actually know for a fact.

It's in my self-interest to eat meat.

Unless you can convince me eating meat is somehow against my interest, you are the spooked up one not understanding Stirner correctly.

That I agree with. A normal diet (of normal foods) is fine regardless.

But you imply that vegetarianism is not generally a healthier choice is dishonest.

Do you think this is impressing anyone?

I spoke with a dietician once and they told me that you don't even tell people what the healthiest options are. You make suggestions based on what you think they'll actually listen to.

What even us your job, life coach? Lol

>I spoke with a dietician once and they told me that you don't even tell people what the healthiest options are. You make suggestions based on what you think they'll actually listen to.

Well, do you honestly expect to reach someone who crams icecream in the face on a daily basis when you tell them they can no longer do that and oh by the way you need to eat Kale. Generally those types of dietitians work on weaning people off of bad foods by moderation especially. I generally don't work with obese people, though.

You see how people make absurd arguments to defend their diets.

In no other situation does someone unironically argue "might makes right" "morality is irrelevant"

That's how I know you all know it's just plain wrong. Whatever, soon they'll print it.

I eat meat because I want to, it tastes good.

It's tasty, what else more could be to it?

You assume plants do not suffer, do not have dreams or aspirations as we do.

We are in a group of life that has to consume other forms of life in order to live. We are cannibals of life itself. We are mutants from self-sustaining life forms like the photo-synthesizers. Perhaps the cannibals of life are spooks from the true balance that exists in nature, we simply waged war on life to force our spook to become truth.

The alternative is extinction.

And even if we didn't need all that land they take up, and thus would simply drive them into extinction the same way we've done for nearly half the megafauna on the planet in just the last 50 years... Natural wild life just sucks.

Most wild animals are constantly on the brink of starvation, suffering from all sorts of infections and diseases, constantly attacked by both parasites and predators, and all in all, live incredibly short lives, and in exponentially smaller numbers, than any of our domesticated feed animals. The ones we raise live, for the most part, live relatively comfortable and lives in comparison, with medical treatment, free from predators and the suffering of starvation, ending in a quicker and more merciful death than nature would normally ever give them.

If they were conscious enough to make the choice, they'd stay on the farms and submit to that fate. Even insomuch as they are aware, the regularly return to their homesteads when they accidentally find themselves outside of it.

Terrible argument. You admit that you only have a point when you anthromorphosize animals, yet write 2 paragraphs about how farm life brings "less suffering" to animals. What animals would consider the "better life", if they had any concept of it, we can never know for sure.

Plenty of arguments are to be made against mass-scale meat consumption:

How much water/food you need to put into meat production

How much land gets deforested, shat on and rendered unusable for farming for decades

How this hurts biodiversity more than maybe every other human effort (the same argument can be made for soy)

How it hurts the climate (methane) and the environment (less trees)

And so forth. I say this as a meat eater.

>Muh morality matters! I-i swear on me mum
Sure buddy.

Honestly, cows are one of the most climate-destroying animals on the planet(they literally pollute more than cars). It would actually benefit all life on the planet if we ate them to extinction.

They don't have sentience and I value the lives of humans over animals. Humans are meant to eat meat.

The only """moral""" argument for veganism is less suffering and more life. If we decide to rely on other protein sources, or invent less destructive artificial ones that cost less, and thus abandon the current ones, then there's going to be a whole lot of death and suffering followed by extinction.

As for the practical argument, for now, their plethora of uses and relative ease of maintenance (ease in that most of it is lightly trained labor) makes them an indispensable economic commodity. If that changes, yeah, they'll be abandoned one day, but the end result wont be exactly what vegans dream of.

I don't care that they suffer. Why would you care that they suffer? Sounds like you are arguing from a moral standpoint against making animals suffer.

>there are a few good reasons to be a vegetarian but your health isn't really one of them.
What, so you recommend it for moral reasons?

Fuck off then.

I don't ever recommend it, but it's not bad if you eat a wide variety of food and get all your nutrients. What I meant by that statement earlier is a person may feel like cows/chickens produce too much pollution, or they just don't like causing animals harm.

If they could eat me they would, also no matter my decision animals will still be killed for consumption, so if there's music I might as well dance.

Herbivores would eat you?

thing is there is so much livestock on the planet today, and so much land is used to grow feed for it, that its genuinely a massive global ecological problem, pigs for example go into the billions, bovines are less numerous but make up a significant portion of biomass on many continents, and ad significantly to greenhouse gas emission - and all of this is largely unnecesary, no one needs that much meat

at the same time things like soy and palm oil are also mostly grown in monoculture, and equaly agressive and dstructive to the enviroment

best solution would be to just eat local food and whatever meat gets produced localy in small to medium scale farming, thats the best meat any way and mass produced meat cannot come close to that quality, and fuck off with retarded vegan wonderfoods and just eat whatever fruit and veg your grandad ate, and problem solved, youre healthy, the biophere is spared 10+billion asorted heads of cattle, and gmo soy monoculture can be scrapped together with veganism

>it is another /pol/fag tries to devalue strinerposting by falseflaging it

Why the fuck would I need to justify anything under Stirnerian reasoning? You want my justification: because fuck you, that's why.

>mass produced meat cannot come close to that quality
And locally produced products can't come close to that quantity.

The whole "local organic farming" is a wet pipe dream. It costs tons of money and resources to ship this shit all over the planet - do you really think gigantic corporations would be doing that if it wasn't a necessity? There's over seven billion people on this planet, and climbing, cities with tens of millions of people each. They simply cannot all be supported in these concentrations by ecologically friendly "subsistence farming".

Economic necessity is about more than simple greed. You can only do so many things that raise the price of food before a good portion of the population starts starving.

You either learn to deal with the ecological damage, perhaps mitigating it with more efficient methods along the way, but in the end, you either deal with the side effects of mass production - or you go to the Aztec solution.

>Morality
Spooky tbphwym8