>tfw he never got a state funeral

He was our last good president in quite sometime
>war on cancer
>EPA
>ended segregation in schools
>ended the draft
>lowered the debt
>healthcare

Now he wasn't perfect, war on drugs and bombing Cambodia, but it sucks that watergate is what most people remember about him. He was a good president

He never asked for one

He also put a man on the moon and ended the Vietnam War. People just didn't like him because he had no style or grace.

worse

He also normalized relations with China

I don't know why everyone brings up Cambodia like it's a bad thing. The Cambodian government said that the U.S. could do so on the grounds that no Cambodians were killed.

>Supported Israel

Well of course he was.

>ended the u.s. bio weapons program

right except tens of thousands of cambodians were killed

>being a Paleshitian

He took stupid risks and got caught.

This is unfortunate, because he'd been pretty smart.

Well considering the fact that he was caught engaging in criminal activity while president of the country it's really not that hard to understand why people don't remember him fondly despite whatever he may have achieved. Americans understandably consider it a pretty big deal when the person they elected to lead them breaks the law and lies to them about it.

On the plus side for Nixon fans, though, I am fairly confident that in a matter of years the "worst president ever" perception will have shifted to someone new.

Aside from the obvious he was actually one of the better post war POTUS.

NIXON DID NOTHING WRONG:

youtube.com/watch?v=XEA0atGUVpY

Most educated people think Harding or Buchanan was worst president.

Most uneducated plebs think it was Obama or Bush depending on their political affiliation.

It was definitely Buchanan. Basically the presidents in the lead up to the civil war. Pierce is another shitty president. Obama will be middle of the pack. Bush in the upper bottom half.

Nixon is interesting because he really was pretty crazy but did a lot off good. all the things mentioned above...ending the war, china, bio weapons, first arms treaties, but he did have a lot flaws. Not the worst president we have had but far from the best because of those flaws

I think LBJ is in the same camp.

He was responsible for both the Voting Rights Act and the Vietnam War, so it cancels out.

>be the first (and only) president in US history to resign or face impeachment due to blatant criminal activity
>y people think he bad?

if it wasnt for Vietnam he would be in the top ten.

pardoning Nixon was a mistake

The country was weary. It needed to be done.

So what? boomerplebs never stop bitching about him, yet suck off Bush Jr or Obama.

I gave you your answer already.

It has to do with when as well as who.

Weary schmeary. One of our biggest problems is that people in power who get caught breaking the law never, ever suffer consequences for it. It's not a vengeful thing at all, but people need to be made examples of. The message was sent that if you're caught the worst thing that happens is you're ousted from office and then your life goes on as normal.

but that isnt true. plenty of polticians have gone to prison.

Name 22

It's rare that it happens in a high profile case though. And it's not even just politicians either. Bank executives who get caught committing fraud never go to prison or even get charged.

kek. ok.

>Bob Ney
>rod Blagojevich
>george ryan
>william jefferson
>james trafficant
>Duke Cunningham
>Dan Rostenkowski
>frank ballance
>mel reynolds
>Michael grimm
>jesse jackson jr
>walter tucker iii
>joe kolter
>nick mavroules
>albert bustamante
>harrison Williams
>john jenrette
>richard kelly
>raymond lederer
>michael myers
>frank Thompson
>john m. murphy

should i go on? the conviction and sentencing of corrupt polticians is one of the things that prevents the type of rampant corruption here that you see on places like Nigeria

>should i go on?
Yes, please.

and all of these cases were high profile. there are two governor's i threw in because i am originally from illinois but the rest were federal elected politicians. while it is true that people sometimes get away with crimes, esp the finance industry elite, there are still a good number of convicted polticians that were quite powerful....several on that list jad some serious influence

if thats not good enough for you then do your own research

Then why did you ask?

it was rhetorical lummox

What's a rhetorical lummox?

He committed treason

I AM the Senate

was a liar and toyed with the people so yes

He deliberately extended the Vietnam War for personal gain, causing many thousands to die.

The reason he got impeached wasnt because of his actions - you really think he was the first potus to use wiretaps? - but because the head of the FBI considered him a traitor and so snitched his ass.

Kek

>that no Cambodians were killed.
Hmmm

He was worse.

>turned US into the Saudi-Israeli cum guzzling gimps they are today

Wow, what a legacy!