The Trouble in a nutshell

>Ulsters kill a bunch of fucking Catholics
>IRA forms to defend the Catholics and proud independent Irish people from manservants and murderers
>Britain gets involved because they need to stick their nose in everybody's business at all times or else the blood on their hands might dry
>Ulsters are originally happy to see British after the violence of the IRA, but quickly realize the Brits are as bad if not worse
>The Brits are consistent with how they memorize history, and only remember the first part of that stance
>Brits are still asshurt someone didn't want to be part of their savage barbarian fascist "Kingdom"
>Take everything extremely personally, especially after how they put their mentally ill and criminals in uniform to rape, murder and torment Irish civilians only to get BTFO
>Use Ulster children as human shields, known British tactic being to crouch down next to North Irish children when they knew IRA and PIRA were in the area so as to avoid getting shot
>PIRA bombs empty buildings by planting the bombs and phoning them in
>Britain sometimes fails to evacuate and gets civilians killed
>Uses their failures are propaganda to try and trick people into thinking what they're doing is right
>Nobody except other Brits believe them
>SAS is butthurt so decides to intentionally bomb crowds of Irish civilians
>This is somehow better
>British and Ulster forces killed more civilians during the Troubles than the Republicans did total, studies show

>Years later
>State facts on a mongolian basket sewing forum
>Britons get extremely assblasted over having been the baddies

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Stoke_Field
youtube.com/watch?v=6Ejga4kJUts
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Cromwell
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/York_Rite
youtube.com/watch?v=Ob5mw6xGYes
youtube.com/watch?v=DXzhEokVn0s
youtu.be/ZJh0m0E7Ozg
youtube.com/watch?v=fhfgQOLSrTQ
youtube.com/watch?v=TOJwHzLCD3U
youtube.com/watch?v=AIPRA59raGU
youtube.com/watch?v=MYDxWFZetJ0
youtube.com/watch?v=I4k14hk1nA8
youtube.com/watch?v=LmPbC1rYYOA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Ulster is protestant land and will remain so

>Boston """Irish"""man writes a greentext essay without provocation about how the Brits are the asshurt ones, I swear

In a better nutshell

> semi-illiterates arguing over how best to pray to their invisible sky-fairy
> drug gangs pretending to be 'politically motivated'
> 'Irish' Americans literally funding terrorists... until conveniently the eleventh day of September anno domini two thousand and one

Catholics are niggers of the British isles

this

We'll remember this faggotry next time you need to be bailed out.

Without mentioning a playwright or a terrorist, what Irish people are there of note? Justify your independence to me.

One thing I've never understood:

The conflict mostly seems like a conflict of ethnicity (that is, ethnic Irish and ethnic English). So why is it typified as "Catholic" and "Protestant"?

Who cares? Less relevant than a bunch of Arab tribes in the desert killing and raping each other desu.

Liam Neeson
Robert Edward
Michael Connelly

The conflict is between republicans who want Ireland to be a unified republic and unionist who want north Ireland to stay in the United Kingdom.

If you look at the history its all about protestants vs catholics

>be british
>treat the Irish like second-class citizens and enslave them
>they have a famine
>"lol who cares we wont help them even though they are our subjects"
>generally just treat the Irish like shit all the time
>they fight for independence
>"lol okay but you're still british subjects and these counties will still be part of the united kingdom even though only a minority wants to stay with the UK"
>"wtf why are they mad"
>militia army rises to liberate the part of their country still under british rule
>go full blown mccarthy and start arresting people without trial because they might be supportive of the militia army
>people peacefully protest this
>kill them
>army gets aggressive and commits bombings to damage infrastructure because thats how war works
>civilians die
>"WAHHHHH THE IRA ARE TERRORISTS MUH CIVILIAN CASUALTY WHO CARES IF WE OPPRESSED THE IRISH FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS AND KILLED THEM OURSELVES INNOCENT PEOPLE DIED THEYRE TERRORISTS!!!!!!"

It should be male semen since you Celts are nothing more than faggot fuckboys.

T. Known Boss

Fuck Protestants.

If you like at the history that is precisely what it isn't about. From the 1790s right up until the 1900s many if not most Irish nationalists were Protestants.

Are you suggesting King James plantation of Protestants into Ulster and the subsequent ethnic cleansing of Irish catholics isnt what its about?

I sure hope you don't mean Anglican.

Quite funny that despite all historical Anglo whining about papists, they seemed to have learned the ropes of using religious centralization as a form of control pretty well.

When Henry VI came to power, he styled himself as the King of the Britons retaking his Kingdom as prophecy intended.

After a Welshman became King, Normans in Ireland decided to try and take the Kingdom for themselves.

Ireland was the seat of Yorkist power, Henry VI was seen as Lancaster retaking the Kingdom. The Yorkists in Ireland started an underground network of dissidents against Welsh rule of the Kingdom.

This culminated in the Battle of Stoke

> en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Stoke_Field

The Yorkist Normans in Ireland continued to try to take the Kingdom under many pretenders.

The Yorkists started the rebellions against Welsh rule. As they perceived things, they had as much rite to rule Britain as some Welsh Lancastrian usurpers.

As Ireland was relatively disconnected from the mainland, underground Yorkists were able to continue their struggle against the Lancastrians under Welsh rule.

When Henry VIII became King and attacked the Church, this gave the Yorkists the opportunity to rebel against the Lancastrian Tudors, thus the Yorkists remained loyal to the Church and the Lancastrians fell into heresy.

The troubles began here.

Yorkists became Catholics
Lancastrians became Protestants

> youtube.com/watch?v=6Ejga4kJUts

Cromwell descended from the court of Henry VIII, Cromwell destroyed the Yorkist nobility in Ireland.

> en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Cromwell

> en.wikipedia.org/wiki/York_Rite

This is why all boards need flags, so we can tell who actually has some clue as to what they're talking about and who's a larping shithead.

>it's the fault of the British that a bomb made by the IRA and planted by the IRA explodes
>the British used kids as human shields (based on them standing next to some children)
>disregard that the current First Minister (for now) was almost killed as a child because the IRA thought it perfectly acceptable to blow up a schoolbus, to try and kill the driver.

Oh look another troubles thread from a non Irish person
I'm not gunna write out a whole timeline cause you can look it up yourselves, but I will debunk some myths
>troubles originally started out as a civil rights movement as Irish Catholics were discriminated against in social programs (housing especially) and employment
>although your religion, ethnicity, and neighbourhood corresponded to which side you were one, there were Irish Catholic unionists and vice versa
>everyone in Northern Ireland, both Irish and ulster-scots, were happy to see the British military intervene, until the BA clearly took the side of the loyalists
>the BA were in no way an innocent outsider. There is growing evidence they helped Unionist paras orchestrate the Dublin and Monaghan bombings, and investigations are blocked by the British government whenever the victims families launch one
>unionists paras were a lot more vicious, but the IRA was a lot more active and probably more numerous. Shankhill butchers, etc.
>despite the Irish government denouncing all paramilitaries, a lot of Irish people were (and still are) empathetic to the republican cause
Take it with a grain of salt, I'm an éire flag

>Britain gets involved because they need to stick their nose in everybody's business at all times or else the blood on their hands might dry

Underrated.

>This is why all boards need flags
So you can send hit squads to kill dissidents

Interesting that it's that part of the post you feel able to comment on.

pretty easy to tell apart american """irish""" from actual irish

Anglos are the Jews of the British isles

you mean so he can VPN troll with the Israeli flag

Who do you side with?

Gaels
>well-proportioned
>superior Iberian headgear
>humble, handstitched clothing
>flag showing allegiance to their lord
>wives are safe at home

Lowlanders
>manlets
>bonnets and ill-fitting arming caps
>excessively flamboyant clothing
>lord has to be there himself wielding some sort of spurtle
>can't even hold a jug over his head properly, wife has to do it for him

the answer is clear desu

I've made it quite clear which side I'd be on
>not being a gall óglaigh

Only it isn't, the United Irishmen were mostly Protestants, some of Ireland's greatest heroes are protestant, you have Wolfe Tone, Napper Tandy not to mention fucking Parnell, who was half English, the Protestant vs Catholic conflict started after the Brits figured out that shitting on everyone who isn't Anglican, even other protestants wasn't such a good idea, so they stopped shitting on other protestants and went on to shit only on the Catholics which caused the divide.

Out of my way Saxon shits

Here's the troubles in a fucking nutshell:

Tá na tans anseo i mo thír
tá siad chun dul

simple as
up the RA
brits out
brits are scum
fuck the queen
tiocafaidh ar lá agus tá gráin ar maggie tatcher fós

youtube.com/watch?v=Ob5mw6xGYes

youtube.com/watch?v=DXzhEokVn0s

youtu.be/ZJh0m0E7Ozg

>no come out Ye Black and Tans

youtube.com/watch?v=fhfgQOLSrTQ

Hmm yes very peaceful

>ramming a republican funeral
>pulling a gun on the already angry mob
what in the name of God was this idiot thinking

They were literally just driving past. You can engage in all the mental gymnastics you want, but the IRA were entirely at fault.

>ramming

If you go back before the 20th century it is obviously a protestant vs Catholic conflict

Dont forget these

youtube.com/watch?v=TOJwHzLCD3U

youtube.com/watch?v=AIPRA59raGU

youtube.com/watch?v=MYDxWFZetJ0

youtube.com/watch?v=I4k14hk1nA8

>Irish decide to violently oppose the British than democratically oppose it
>Pope says 'no don't do it'
>claim it's a crusade of vengeance when the only irish ''''massacred''' by the English were those who held up arms
>bomb pubs, war memorials, women and children
>Get carte blanche because your inbred cousins have nukes and it's the Cold War and just after

>they have a famine
>which is their fault due to monoculture and mediveal farming methods rather than use new farming methods as they're British
>arresting without trial is wrong
>Militia becomes an army in 4 lines

>Mother's sister marrying Thomas, makes Oliver the descendant of Thomas
WEW LAD
A Catholic England will only come about if Deus Vult, so stop the bombing and cousin fucking
t. English Catholic

>ITT salty taigs

>>Irish decide to violently oppose the British than democratically oppose it
As opposed to the orangemen who got what they want as soon as they threatened violence

>>Pope says 'no don't do it'
who cares

>>claim it's a crusade of vengeance when the only irish ''''massacred''' by the English were those who held up arms
wrong

>>bomb pubs, war memorials, women and children
muh chilluns

Gaels

Feckin catlicks need to get out.

>thread starts with poor Irish children being traumatised by standing next to soldiers
>unironically posts "muh chilluns"

>catholics not caring what the Holy See says
Well that's how you stop your Catholic free state being taken seriously.
>muh chilluns
Never use moral arguements again if you're justifying the killing of children, young souls who could have become Saints and Popes
>As opposed to the orangemen who got what they want as soon as they threatened violence
America revolution reference, if you want to see a peaceful split just look at Malta
What exactly does that graph mean to show, you can call them Civilians, but how do you know they weren't acting like a paramiliatry group/ general hooliganism

The EU pumps billions of structural funds into Northern Ireland yearly.

I wonder whether, once the unemployment rate inevitably increases when those funds fall away due to the Brexit and not being replaced by the British government, violence will flare up again.

Young, disappointed males having too much free time due to being unemployed in an area of ethnic conflicts seems like a recipe for disaster.

>American LARPERS on Iraq
>The civilian casualties are skewed. The insurgents lie and say their dead were just random civilians and when journalists turn up they hide the weapons!

>American LARPERS on the Troubles
>FUCK BRITS OUT KILLED 8438854346 INNOCENT CIVILIANS UP THE RA! IRISH CIVILIANS WHO DINDU NUFFIN BLOODTHIRSTY BRITS REEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

The enforcement of borders probably won't help either.

look at the image I posted you gimp, I'm disparaging the bogus point constantly brought up that the IRA wuz mass child killin' thugs fuggen terrerists when you can clearly see that proportional to total amount of kills, they killed the least amount of civilians on average compared to the British Army and killed both less in total and on average than Loyalist paras, so stop your fucking whinging

>Well that's how you stop your Catholic free state being taken seriously.
by it not being a Catholic state and my statement revealing your paranoid claim to be bogus? bit contradictory to say one and call it the other
>inb4 b-b-but dev muh prods b obressed stop takin land away from protestant landlords das wrong
>muh speshul position of the cherch

>if you want to see a peaceful split just look at Malta
you're awfully thick if you think the situations were in any way the same
to quote Parnell on your 'democracy' that he participated in

>What did they ever get in the past by trying to conciliate them? Did they get the abolition of tithes by the conciliation of their English taskmasters? No; it was because they adopted different measures. Did O'Connell gain Emancipation for Ireland by conciliation? Catholic emancipation was gained because an English king and his ministers feared revolution. Why was the English church in Ireland disestablished and disendowed? Why was some measure of protection given the Irish tenant? It was because there was an explosion at Clerkenwell and because a lack was shot off a prison van in Manchester. They would never gain anything from England unless they trod upon her toes - they would never gain a single sixpennyworth from her by conciliation.
so stuff your shite

>you can call them Civilians, but how do you know they weren't acting like a paramiliatry group/ general hooliganism
lmao and you're the one berating me for supposedly being hypocritical when it comes to arguments of morals

Still angry like the rest of the celts at getting btfo'd

but are you Hwicee

youtube.com/watch?v=LmPbC1rYYOA

>current year
>not beleiving in Father Almighy, maker of Heaven and Earth, of all things visible and invisible
>Oppresing Landlords is fine because their grandfather and great grandfathers did
>An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind

>We must be violent to get it to end
>Damn those bloodthirsty college students killing police forcing the Vietnam war to end

>proportionally is more important than total killed
>Dude I only killed 5% of the jewish population, how can you accuse me of trying to remove me and thus charge me with ethnic cleansings crimes even though I wanted to

stop being an ignorant bigot and hail greater doggerlandia

fuck off preaching lad this is Veeky Forums

>Oppresing Landlords is fine because their grandfather and great grandfathers did
>oppressing
kek, it was probably one of the best things Dev did in my opinion, even Parnell (a landlord himself) was supposedly inclined towards the popular opinion of his day that that class should be abolished
they're lucky they got even a penny for their troubles

>>proportionally is more important than total killed
it's extremely important, especially when you have john o gods saying the IRA only targeted civilians which would lead you to believe that the overwhelming majority of their kills were civilian, but looking at the actual statistics shows not only that this isn't true but that the British Army themselves had a large portion of their TK being civilians

>Dude I only killed 5% of the jewish population, how can you accuse me of trying to remove me and thus charge me with ethnic cleansings crimes even though I wanted to
a false equivalency for one, and oy vey another shoah of innoshent prods for another
are you a Zionist Unionist by any chance?

Nah greater Mercia4lyf senpai

Catholic zionist

If it's a crusader state then all will oppose us, if we give it to the jews then all will bow down once the scourge of humanity is removed. It worked in the 60's so why not now
>not wanting people with high IQ and work ethic in your country
WEW LAD

alright fella

Ulster is Gaelic land and always will be. Soon the 6 stolen counties will reunite with the 3 free ones.

THE
FAMINE
IS
OVER
IT'S
TIME
TO
GO
HOME

Empire is over it's time to go home. Ulster is Irish. Fuck off back to Britain.

Go on home British soldiers, go on home! Have you got no fucking homes of your own?!

He said in english.

amach mo tslí as sassanaigh

I never really understood the British point in this conflict. Ireland belongs to the Irish.

Ulster protestants are Scottish not English, Anglo irish in the south assimilated and became irish and supported an independent ireland

Because they are subjects off Her Majesty the Queen

>the green man should be able to own everything he can see
>imperialism is okay when we do it

>conquer a load of land
>settle your people
>partition the country down the line
>b-b-but not wanting that partition is imperialism as well
be gone back tae britain

>House of Windsor should deside the fate of the country and it's people
wew lad

>everything he can see
what sounds more logical: the island of Eire ruled by the Irish OR 80 is Ireland and the other 20% is a part of the UK because muh former empire.

How is it not imperialism?

>we should own it, even though most people who live there do the want us to

>complex geopolitics should be reduced down to whatever lines on a map don't trigger anons autism

t. John o' flannegan from Boston

is it Imperialism for majority Catholic/Nationalist areas to be in the statelet then? You're clearly disregarding arbitrary borders between counties in favour of who the majority of people are in areas and what they believe so why would you support a 6 county partitioned state that only has that number of counties because it would've collapsed in on itself had it not

Not the top blokes he got a fucking shoe on a stick, he is obviously not well.

Amen.

kek mate

fuck the normie IRA songs, the best IRA songs are about the South Armagh brigade desu senpai

ITT:

>Irish americans think they know anything about ireland and try to post it instead of killing themselves
>People blame one side for being the baddies
>People don't realise that "who started it" doesn't mean "who is the baddies"
>People don't realise that neither side can claim to be just, because despite the fact the IRA COULD have EASILY claimed that role, they decided to just bomb civilians back just as hard as the brits had bullied them
>People don't realise that yes, while Unionists were the aggressive ones who kicked it all off, that back then they were afraid of life under the ROI which-back then-wasn't super fond of protestants
>Republicans think that "shared future" means "inevitable reunification"
>People don't realise the Troubles was an incredibly controversial, complex and messy conflict
>Instead of talking about the interesting bits on either side, the thread will descend into anti-bong/anti-bognigger propaganda

Ulster will probably join ROI someday and the economy will be a bit shit, unless Unionists start getting jobs/stop making a fucking massive fool of themselves.
The IRA haven't been freedom fighters for a long time.

Gerry Adams is a good shitposter but generally a faggot.
Machine Gun Marty was okay, but now he's a bit of a faggot.
The DUP are retards, but Paisley did a fine job of uniting the Unionists.

Ireland is irrelevant.

The best thing to come from the Troubles was the destruction of those shitty fucking flats.

t. lit a bonfire early by accident the other year and started a national fucking controversy

OOH

AAH

>mediveal

kys

>not getting your education from local halls

>Ireland was the seat of Yorkist power

omg

several things make more sense now

Your efforts are wasted, user.

The fenians or huns will claim this thread as their hugbox, and that will be that.

legitimate act against uniformed armed combatants (spies)

>uniformed spies

lol meant to write un-uniformed

Top kek.

I'm Irish you thick fence sitting wanker, and fuck off calling the 6 counties 'Ulster' like the orangemen do (unless you are one)
are you completely incapable of discerning the nuance of the conflict? Ironic that you should post

>>People don't realise the Troubles was an incredibly controversial, complex and messy conflict

and in the same fucking breath claim the IRA "just bombed civilians" and "haven't been freedom fighters for a long time"
for a long time since when exactly, so you can out yourself as either a Loyalist or a clueless faggot

>Ireland is irrelevant.

>its a "britbongs cant accept that they are obviously the bad guys in this situation" thread

>the people who blow up school buses full of children in order to try and kill the driver because he's a part time soldier, are the good guys