I have $20,000 that Im just sitting on and have no idea what to do with...

I have $20,000 that Im just sitting on and have no idea what to do with, but I'll need more to buy an apartment later on.
Should I buy 50/50 btc and eth with it and just wait a few years?

Yeah man totally. At $2200 for 1 bitcoin it can only go up from here.

Buy the right altcoins and you can double it by tomorrow, 10x it by next week, and 100x it be next month.

So you think 5 years from now on it will definitely not be above its current price?

>Buy the right altcoins
Such as?

wait til that big fucking buy wall on btc normalizes with the sell wall, we have more crashes coming

might take a week, might be tonight. i'm a fucking bagholder now though in alts

Buy an amount you are comfortable losing outright. I invest 10% of my savings in crypto, 10% of that in the riskier coins - RDD, Vervge - and the rest (90%) in a self made index fund of BTC,ETH,XRP,STRAT,PIVX

I plan to hold 1 year minimum to avoid ordinary income taxes for cap gains taxes.

ETH has the biggest potential out of the two IMO. I'd stack up on ETH and maybe a BTC or two, use the rest to invest. Gold if you are fast, or take the next dip. Otherwise, diversify your purchases.

Nobody knows man but if I had to guess I would say no. There are too many things that could happen in that period of time. An exchange could get goxed, governments could ban it, a different coin could become the dominate crypto, enthusiasm will fade as it does with all fads. I just don't think it's a wise time to invest right now with these insanely inflated prices unless it's only a small amount of money you don't mind losing and want to use to gamble with on alt coins.

But if it keeps increasing on the long run gradually then how is it inflated? What if its always going to get higher on average? When do you get in then?

Personally, I'm spending a decent amount of my salary each month stockpiling ETH, BTC and LTC, to build a capital. ETH especially, and BTC partially are for the long run, while LTC seems more like something I'll use to ride short term waves. Beyond that, I'm familiarising myself more and more with the stock market, to make sound investments for future use there.

Why are there 2 eth? Whats the difference? Which one to stack?

Dont. You missed the chance. Now it has already bubbled. The opportunity is gone. You missed it but you need to deal with it and accept it.

See

Ethereum Classic was launched as an alternative to Ethereum last year after a fork. ETC is slightly cheaper, ETH has a larger blockchain as far as i know. I believe their features are mostly the same apart from this. Any corrections?

ETH is the 'official' ETH.
ETC is the surviving abortion ETH - it's value resides in the idea of 'immutability' - meaning the devs won't do any bailouts if something goes wrong on ETC. Guess why the banks support ETH.

Thanks m8

>how is it inflated?

Dumb fuck it
It was trading at $900 like two months ago. Jesus christ you're an idiot. No wonder it pumped as much as it did the last month. This is the dumb money right here guys.

You sound like a straight up shill trying to get noobs to throw money into this. "Hey guys should I throw 20k into crypto?" Hurr hurr

Why do you assume the price will just keep increasing? This isn't the S&P 500.. you're essentially investing in a ponzi scheme where you only make money is if more people buy it. The price is inflated as fuck right now and it's not going to just keep pumping forever. By the looks of it now the price will keep heading down. This reminds me of the beanie baby craze. If you're comfortable with the fact that you could wake up tomorrow with 75% of your money gone then put it all in bitcoin.

Because it has been for many years now since its birth? And more and more people start knowing about it?

Salty nocoiner missed the rocket ship

>missed the rocket ship
>buy now guys

>Most of general public hardly knows anything about crypto
>More people won't start buying it

Find one error. Cryptos are the future of transfer and most likely in the long run, for universal currency. Physical money will be history, and then we'll see the true value of cryptos.

You actually do sound like a shill. Kek

>Physical money will be history

hahahahahaha alright faggot just convince the US government of that one

>Implying the US government can control the free market

If nobody uses physical money, it will be history. Of course it won't happen overnight, but who wouldn't jump at the opportunity to avoid pesky transfer fees, exchange fees etc. Paper and metal money will be artefacts, babe, just wait.

>avoid pesky transfer fees, exchange fees etc
Last I checked Bitcoin had all this, and I still ave to wait like 5 hours for the shit to transfer.

You're an idiot, the Government was already trying to slowly abolish money

Cryptos will be life

Implying that the US government couldn't just ban all crypto exchanges in the USA and tank the entire market

That would destroy the usa economy.. How retarded are you? They kill millions of people and topple entire nations that try to fuck with the dollar.

>Crypto will replace the USD

>Bitcoins
>Represents all cryptos
>Won't change to appease general public

Like I said, it's not happening overnight, but global cryptos will have the ability to eradicate those fees, among other things.

Or tank the american economy. Isolationist strategies have a tendency of fucking you grandly in the big scheme. Not to mention the potential uproar outlawing currencies would cause.

>Actually believing USD will be anything else than a relic in 100 years.

You do you, user

>The US government will just let the entire nation crumble to the bitcoin army of NEETs

Ok, Muhammad. Best of luck.

Implying when the economy (((crashes))) the elites aren't still rich as fuck, and it isn't just a redistribution

The housing market is a meme and countries/governments clearly cannot be trusted

Crypto will definitely be worth over a trillion one day

>Bitcoin will crumble the economy.

Oy vey! Isn't the jewish banker meme getting old, Goldstein?

How would banning crypto exchanges tank the American economy? That is the most retarded thing I read all day.

No, put in an index tracker fund like Vanguard lifestrategy and leave it for as long as possible

in denmark nobody uses cash anymore

if you go into a store you use your credit card
if you pay your friend for a meal/drinks or something like that you use mobilepay. Most stores also accept mobilepay

i went to the US last year and man those guys are living in the past, also with the constant tipping. in order to go completely cashless americans will have to get chips implanted so they can pay quickly with bitcoin or whatever its gonna be in the future. I guess we're all going to have implants though.

Everyone will realise the dollar is so fucking worthless it can't compete with magic internet memecoins and do everything to throw that shit away

Warren buffet could buy every single coin on the market and still have money left over. You're retarded.

Right because you aren't buying these meme coins to get more fiat you just really want more dygibites.

Everyone uses credit cards and debit cards here too.. What's your point. Nobody is getting implants and bitcoin is not replacing the USD.

Lmao your retarded he can not buy every single coin in the market you fucking dumbass.

what_are_restrictions.jpg

Mooncoin, some really smart men on a the foremost Yemeni fidget spinner board convinced me to invest $30k. Haven't gained much yet but I'm hopeful for the future!

No matter what happens longterm, and i mean either you are a crypto believer or not, right now it is damn stupid to get in. Its the top. And even if it is not the top, it simply cant go much more. Maybe double? But the risk is fucking immerse. The whole cryptosphere has already gain like a 6-7x in 1.5 year.

Be patient, follow whats going on, learn and enter the sphere when there is blood in the streets. Dont be the one that the shills are trying to dump their bags.

RIGHT NOW IS NOT THE TIME TO GET IN. END OF FUCKING STORY.

Protip: There are people making much money simply by shilling. Its happening in every sector and its happening right here right now
Protip: The cryptosphere is full of paid news that sweeten whatever happens and are trying to lure you with stupid titles. Dont fell for it. Be clever. Use your brains guys, not your emotions.

If there was a reverse index or something right now i would have surely a few small bets on it just for the fun of it.

ETH is under continuing development, with plans to implement Lightning Network features (Raiden) and will switch from Proof of Work to Proof of Stake shortly. ETC sometimes ports updates from the ETH main chain, but as far as I recall, I don't think they were going to go to Proof of Stake.

Don't buy both. Buy the better one. For a million reasons, that's ETH but I don't feel like hashing it all out. Buy the one that companies are jumping on board with 100%, not the one that is a failing, Chinese-controlled, infighting coin like BTC

They're letting the entire nation crumble right now because of derivatives (digital money that doesn't even exist in 1s and 0s, unlike bitcoin). Why do you think illegal immigration is tacitly allowed and encouraged? Are illegals a real boon to the prosperity of a nation, or are they an asset to the economy? Those two things are different, because the latest is about counting humans as replaceable beans and assuming that Muhammad from Afghanistan who dropped out of highschool, can barely read at the age of 32, has 2 wives and 6 kids, and a religion commanding him to believe the word of a dead pedophile over science will be as efficient a worker as John the middle-class white American kid; said "efficiency" being quantified on a file somewhere, to be bought and sold on future contracts and pensions by pretending what happened in the past with a completely different set of individuals will work just as well here, just as the very same 7 figures investors and consultants are so fond of saying "past performance cannot guarantee future results", so they get the remaining part of the pie and gamble with it too.

Bitcoin sucks in some aspects but come on now.