Is this the Greatest Unsolved Mystery in History?

Other urls found in this thread:

theonion.com/graphic/november-22-1963-10584
youtu.be/OjbrZGNDA7A?t=227
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitrokhin_Archive
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Active_measures
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

so Im not American but the version I've always heard is that he was killed by the CIA, how true is that?

Among others.

theonion.com/graphic/november-22-1963-10584

It is unknown who killed Kennedy.

Lee Harvey Oswald was never tried and for that reason cannot be conclusively said to be the shooter. The Warren Commission believed it was Oswald.

There are many different conspiracy theories.

One interesting one is echoed my Gaddafi, he claimed that Kennedy was assassinated because he wished to investigate a Nuclear Weapons Facility in Israel. Here is the video;

youtu.be/OjbrZGNDA7A?t=227

Many claim that there were multiple shooters from various locations, some say CIA, some say Mafia. The positions which are of key interest are the Grassy Knoll, the Sewer Drain and the building Oswald was in.

I had a professor once that claimed it was LBJ who orchestrated it.

I don't think we'll ever know.

I assume all documents are burned and people of interest dead.

>This has been talked about for 50+ years
>These threads never go anywhere
>tfw you will never know who killed him

c'mon guys, he's dead and his time is past. don't lose your head over this

>Lee Harvey Oswald was never tried and for that reason cannot be conclusively said to be the shooter.
What? John Wilkes Booth wasn't tried either. Does that mean he cannot be conclusively said to be the shooter?

>unsolved mystery
It's pretty obvious it was Oswald.

>Lee Harvey Oswald was never tried and for that reason cannot be conclusively said to be the shooter
What a moronic line of reasoning. A trial would prove nothing at all.

People love to believe that the CIA is behind everything bad in the world. If they were half as powerful as people think they would have no need for secrecy because they would already run every nation on the planet.

John Wilkes Booth was literally seen shooting Lincoln so that's a false equivalence.

>What a moronic line of reasoning. A trial would prove nothing at all.

He actually believes this lmao

I refuse to believe that the illuminati would have chosen somebody as inept as Oswald to play any part in a secret scheme.

The nigger didn't even own a car, he brought the Carcano to Dallas rolled up in a carpet so the coworker giving him a ride into town wouldn't see it.

What would a trial "prove" ? There have been a million sham trials in the history of the US where the guilty have been set free and the innocent have been convicted. If there was some sort of grand conspiracy (as the poster claimed) it would be natural that the conspirators would ensure that Oswald was found guilty.
Please, explain how a trial would have solved things.

What do you mean? He was competent enough to kill Kennedy, but dumb enough to get caught. Perfect fall guy.

It's called a 'defence'.

If a trial was had, Oswald would have to defend himself and in such a case, inconsistencies could be pointed out further implicating him.

Well what if the Carcano falls out of the carpet, the guy driving him into Dallas sees it, and the entire show gets derailed.

What if he had gotten nailed for shooting at Edwin Walker?

He was an attention starved retard who defected to the USSR in an effort to get attention, and then defected back when nobody cared.

If I were running this shit, I'd get somebody with at least a car and no history of screwing over his employers.

There's no real reason to think it was anyone other than Oswald acting alone. The idea that it's some big mysterious conspiracy is just a meme that's built over time.

The only conspiracy that I've ever found even kinda plausible is that the Federal Reserve had Kennedy killed over Executive Order 11110.

Oswald would still have been the shooter, but not acting alone.

Literally a KGB spook.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitrokhin_Archive
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Active_measures

yeah one guy alone somehow fooled the security around the probably most powerful man in the world

There are plenty of moments where the safety of the President is compromised. Just look at the shooting of Reagan or that President who was assassinated by an Anarchist or Lincoln.

So basically you just wanted to hear Oswald deny his crimes while the court presents evidence that we currently have? How would that help at all? We would learn nothing. Oswald would tell a story and we'd get the official story from the prosecution. He'd be deemed a liar and tossed in prison.

Secret service isn't infallible. The man was riding around in an open topped car. He was a ripe target for anyone along the route.

I don't think you know how courts or trials work.

Please, astound us with your wisdom.

"fooled the security"?

Kennedy himself said to Jackie that if some nut wanted to kill him with a rifle from a tall building there was almost nothing to be done.

In my opinion, the only conspiracy in the case took place after the fact; the FBI had been keeping loose tabs on Oswald, and he had left an angry note at Dallas FBI HQ for Agent James Hosty, who had spoken to Marina Oswald when LHO wasn't home--which pissed off LHO greatly.

After the assassination, Hosty's boss told him to destroy the letter (probably on the orders of J Edgar Hoover)--as it might look like the FBI had more ties to Oswald than it did.

I'm sure the Soviets were shitting themselves when Oswald's name came up.

truth or meme
>Oswald's rifle recovered from the nuilding had a bent firing pin and was unusable
>He had no gsr on his hands
>He took his sweet ass time fitting a Coke and fucking around in the building after the assassination

I'm surprised how many of you history Buffs can't believe the CIA could be involved. When the means and motive are both there, all that skeptics are left with that keeps them from considering the evidence is >muh gubment wouldn't do that. Has history taught us nothing about people in power?

It's not "muh gubbermint wouldn't do that"
It's that there's no solid evidence that the CIA got Oswald to do it. Oswald was an unstable idiot who wanted to be famous. He was creeping on General Walker.

>wanted to be famous
What little comments he made about the assassination where that he wasn't involved and had no knowledge

Just because someone COULD do something, doesn't mean they did do something.

I work at an office. I'm the first one in, and the last one out on most days. I could smuggle in a weapon and use it to murder someone, and I really do hate this one guy down the hall. Therefore, I must have murdered him, by your "logic".

It's not that the evidence isn't considered. It's that the evidence has been considered and isn't conclusive. What the fuck do you think the Warren Report is?

But he was still on national television.
Riddle me this: Would a person that admits to their crime and gets carted off to jail get more or less attention than someone who denies it and partakes in a trial that the entire world wants to watch?

I'm talking about Veeky Forums. A lot of people in this thread are acting like there's no way he could have done it. Establishing means, motive and operation is the foundation of a criminal prosecution

So you believe he tried to flee or didn't? I'm getting nothing but conjecture from you

> A lot of people in this thread are acting like there's no way he could have done it

Nobody is acting like there's 0 possibility of CIA involvement. What they're acting like is that there's no evidence of CIA involvement. There's a difference.

>Establishing means, motive and operation is the foundation of a criminal prosecution

It's the foundation of a finding of probable cause. That doesn't even necessarily mean you have a suspect, let alone anything more. It means you have enough of a basis to issue a warrant (which is distinct from charging them) and/or search their home or person.

>implying the CIA isn't behind everything bad in the world

I have no idea what he was trying to do when he got caught. It's entirely possible that he regretted his decision, but then again maybe he didn't. The guy was clearly mentally ill, so it's difficult to figure out exactly what he was thinking.
The evidence we have shows that he was constantly seeking attention and failed to get enough of it to feel satisfied. I believe the assassination (and attempt on General Walker's life) was just part of that.

Attention-seeking behavior as how a would-be patsy is instructed to act leading up to the crime. try and keep up

No, it's the process of successfully prosecuting someone

>Attention-seeking behavior as how a would-be patsy is instructed to act leading up to the crime. try and keep up
Okay, so you're saying this grand scheme was going on long before Kennedy ran for president? That's incredible. The CIA/reptillians are truly masters of 4D chess.

Holy shit, so it was Jackie all along.

What the fuck are you talking about? JFK was riding in a car with the top down, so some maniac shot him. Why is this so hard to believe? Why do people think that there NEEDS to be some grand conspiracy?

A lone wolf could never commit acts of terror
Durrrrrrrrrrrrrr

>the guy that was claimed to be the killer was assassinated in broad daylight and in front of cameras by another gunman
>he also claimed that he was just a fall guy

Seems pretty suspicious desu senpai.

Because if the most powerful man on Earth can be taken out by a lonely nutcase, then that means life is pretty much random and something awful could happen to anyone, at any given time, for no apparent reason.

No, much better to believe there's a grand scheme that is in control.

(((coincidences))) or not.

For a nation to be free, active engagement by its citizens in the determination of the facts surrounding changes of power in their leadership is required. The truth does not fear investigation. There are many, many discrepancies in the case, and that's before one even scratches the surface. Dig in, and it is clear there is something rotten in Denmark. It is the responsibility of every thinking man to get to the bottom of such mysteries. To deny this is to imperil our way of life, and flirt with a return to savagery and a new dark ages.