Why is Christianity so divided? If I wanted to practice Christianity closest to what Jesus himself taught...

Why is Christianity so divided? If I wanted to practice Christianity closest to what Jesus himself taught, what would it be?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/details/jesuitstheirmor00wyligoog
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Anabaptist

Why?

I'm pretty sure Jesus didn't care for multiple wives

Jewish Christianity

Remember, Paul was the father of corruption and the lord of lies

>If I wanted to practice Christianity closest to what Jesus himself taught, what would it be

Pharisee Judaism.

jesuits, that's why. their entire purpose to divide faith, and nations.
archive.org/details/jesuitstheirmor00wyligoog

>If I wanted to practice Christianity closest to what Jesus himself taught, what would it be?
The Ebonite Christians, probably, but that isn't exactly feasible for a number of historical reasons.

>Christianity closest to what Jesus himself taught,
That be Judaism, because Jesus was no Christian.
>yes, your entire religion is based on a hoax.

Christianity around the time of the first Crusade.

There was literally zero chance that thing should have succeeded without a miracle from God and yet it happened.

So we should look to how Christianity was followed then and emulate it now.

I mean seriously... All the protestants are known for was starting a 30 years war and converting some natives.

Fuck off.

>le Jesus was a Pharisee maymay
back to redit

"Judaism" didn't exist until hundreds of years later after the fall of the second Temple.

>Paulfag in denial
>no original writings or teachings of Jesus exist
>just Pauls fanfiction from decades later

>"Judaism" didn't exist until hundreds of years later after the fall of the second Temple.
The second Temple did fall 70 CE, thats about the time the earliest Gospels show up.
>Yes, Christianity was invented by a greek pharisee-jew

None of them because they all twisted his teachings to suit their personal gain

Not that user, but something that has always bothered me was the decision to transform Christianity from a sect of apocalyptic Judaism to a Greek/gentile religion. I get the transition from a scholarly standpoint chronicling changing writings and dogma, but from an "on the ground" perspective how the hell did that happen?

Well, some guy built a sect and shaped it the way he needed it to attract followers. Thats what happened.

Paul was pretty fucking based.
Anyone can claim to be the messiah, but only a true genius can make an empire-converting religion out of it.

>"Judaism" didn't exist until hundreds of years later after the fall of the second Temple.
Yes, before then it was completely different, but what would you call it other than judaism?

>Jesus himself taught
Jesus did not teach Christianity.

Well he does insofar as he has continually guided Christianity from on high.

Now, you might ask, wouldn't his workings be a little more centralized? Wouldn't it be easy to identify them and hard to mistake them, if he wanted it to spread?

And the answer would be, yes they would, and yes they are. That is why the Catholic Church exists.

A person becomes a christian by joining himself to Christ, not to the Roman church.

>"Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth."
-John 17:17 - KJV

Multiple wars, but the protestants really arent much to blame. Catholisism was pretty much convert and be atoned (basically all posesstions stripped and much more variations that would deem you an outcast) or die. So what does protestant do? They die fighting. Any leaders on the protesant side were really just in it for the same stuff that any king or leader was in for

Land claim, money, power.

Religious wars was just an excuse to take power and land. As is any war that has been fought. Dont confuse relgion and war under the same roof. No large scale war has ever been fought for religious purpose. Its always power.

My uncle is an Anabaptist Priest. They have some really interesting practices and beliefs, and I could be wrong on this but it seems like it shares a lot of its concepts with Eastern Religion. Compared to Protestant churches which have very little spiritualism involved in their practices, Anabaptist churches seem much more proficient in forging that necessary bond with God for their practitioners.

Ebionitic Christianity.

You'd have to go back in time, because the Orthodox Christians burned everything of theirs.

>There was literally zero chance that thing should have succeeded without a miracle from God and yet it happened.

The First Crusade was a fluke: the various Muslim lords in the Levant were disunited and disorganized. After the First Crusade, and once the Muslims rallied, it was continously an uphill battle for simple survival.

>why is Christianity so divided?
>5864 posts of people arguing about what Jesus actually taught

That's why.

It all started with the intersection between revelatory based faith, and euhemerism based faith.

From there it just went fucking wild. People forged shit, people destroyed shit, people said they saw shit, worse, people said Jesus said or did shit.

It's really just a joke taken way too far at this point.

How the Muslims have managed to keep the faith to primarily two main branches is beyond me, when by all rights the same shit should have went down with them.

How can someone even entertain being a true Christian while posting on Veeky Forums? You're to hell m8

Because there is no longer a monopoly on literacy, production of books and religious instruction.

Its that simple

>implying Veeky Forums is anything more than a slightly less mainstream, slightly more edgy, version of Reddit

Jews for jesus. It's what he taught and practiced.

Operant conditioning. It's nothing more than pressing a lever to get a food pellet or a cocaine infused water drip.

Protestantism

Read the Gnostic Gospels. Catharism is probably the most organized of the Gnostic schools, but there are others.

Oh, or Sethians. They are a rather organized Gnostic cult

Do you mind uneducated answers?

I'm from Europe, baptized but family wasn't very religious. Also, I didn't pay much attention during Sunday School.

I did saw "The Name of The Rose" once or twice. I think it sort of answers your questions.

heretic