You will never live in Baghdad during its apogee under Harun al-Rashid

>you will never live in Baghdad during its apogee under Harun al-Rashid
>you will never see traders from as far as Norway and china trading in the same market
>you will never sit on a rug in a coffee house smoking nargila and sipping coffee in the hot afternoon while playing backgammon and listening to a public storyteller
>you will never bump into the Caliph at night while he prowls the city disguised as a beggar to chat to people

Feelsbadman.jpg

I really wish I could live in that era

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guangzhou_Massacre
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_China#Song_dynasty
chinaheritagequarterly.org/scholarship.php?searchterm=005_zayton.inc&issue=005
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hundred-word_Eulogy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I want to be Caliph instead of the Caliph!

I want to stumble through the marketplace stoned as shit on afghan kush. The geometric patterns common in caliphate mosques and architecture at the time are still some of my favorite things to look at while high.

We live in the wrong timeline, Baghdad was never supposed to be destroyed. It was supposed to pull the Middle-east into further enlightment. A city of traders, scholars and ambitious people all ruined in one fell swoop.

>Arab golden ages

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guangzhou_Massacre
>Slave traders/pirate mercenaries were massacred enmass

>Slave traders/pirate mercenaries were massacred enmass
how is that bad?

there are many other ways to criticize Arabian empire, pointing out slavery is autistic though

have some self examination you sound weird.
>le so called roman golden age
>look at all the slaves coming from germania

They were the arabs. This massacre ended the direct trade between the Arabs/chinese

>>you will never see traders from as far as Norway and china trading in the same market

But the supermarket's only ten minutes from where I live.

No it didn't. Muslims, including Arabs, were the dominant force in the Indian Ocean trade throughout the medieval period and beyond. There was and still is a well established Islamic presence in coastal China.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_China#Song_dynasty
chinaheritagequarterly.org/scholarship.php?searchterm=005_zayton.inc&issue=005
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hundred-word_Eulogy

And what does this have to do with Baghdad or the Islamic 'golden age' anyway?

Coffee wasn't around at this time yet?

Muslim \= arab

So what? What the hell are you talking about?

And the Muslims community in China included native Chinese, Arabs, Malays, Persians, Indians, and even some Berbers according to Ibn Battuta.

They wiped out Arabs and Persian for slave trading

No they didn't you godforsaken idiot. I just showed you that Muslims were in China for centuries afterwards. Do you seriously think one massacre in one town wiped out all Chinese Muslims forever? And again what does this have to do with anything? Why are you even talking about this? Are you out of your god damn mind?

I'd rather be a member of the Mongol horde who sacks the city.

>you will never enslave a harem of virgin brown girls and spill your Mongolian seed into them, daily.

Why do all the /pol/tards have disgusting ass raceplay fetishes, always?

Honestly I'm starting to believe WN is just a meme so you can fulfill your seeding the darkie fantasies.

Fuuck never realized how much I wanted this
The Mongol sack of Baghdad is one of those events in history that really saddens me every time I think about it. So much was lost....

I'm actually Asian though.

Mongols are genuinely a group of people the world would be better off for if they never existed.

Sure they did a few positive things but their negatives far outweigh the benefits.

The mongls reestablished the silk road. After the massacre of Arabs and Persians the silk road died off. Along with tang dynasty.

You mean like assuring the dominace of whites? Ya so bad god I wish those muslims were in charge I want my head to be enlightened from my body.

I wish Genghis had finished the job and wiped Islam out.

Jesus christ I just gave you a link about Muslims in the Song dyansty, before the Mongols and after the Tang. And how in the name of god do you think a massacre in an ocean port linked to the Indian Ocean has anything to do with the Central Asian Silk Road and the Mongols?

this

After Baghdad fell, every mongol fighter and mercenary was expected to bring 40 left ears, else he wouldn't get paid for the siege.
So I imagine you'd be in a hurry to kill people to make sure you can afford to eat next winter, and not think much about rape.

See

>you will never be raped by mongols

I get the same feels only with ottoman istanbul.

>ywn be a 16th century ottoman merchant who travels around europe selling coffee to the infidels
>ywn come back home loaded with money
>ywn never drink coffee with your greek and jewish mates while watching the ships sailing around the Bosporus