Just lol at the bat ico

The BAT contract address was supposed to be published at 11am EST, it's currently 6:41pm EST and no (official) contract address post yet. Now to the very disturbing thing. It looks as if there is a contract address that has been deployed, and it says that you will receive only 6400 BAT per 1 ETH. This values ETH at only $155. What does this mean?

THIS MEANS YOU WILL LOSE 25% OF ALL YOUR ETH JUST TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS ICO (based on the current price which is about 197-198)

EVERYONE PLEASE BE WARY OF THIS

This ICO was very hyped, and I was planning to get in balls deep, but they have been doing nothing but failing time and time again. When asked about the BAT/ETH ratio they said they can't change it due to "lawyers" but in reality an ICO isn't even recognized by the law, therefore it cannot be enforced.
While BAT hasn't come about with an official statement yet, please be aware of this and DO YOUR RESEARCH.

This looks to be confirmed but BAT has yet to release a statement, but like I said, PLEASE DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH AND BE WARY
Edit: IT HAS JUST BEEN CONFIRMED
basicattentiontoken.org/terms-and-conditions/

By the looks of it, they want to raise 156,250 ETH. But based upon the price of ETH that (increased from 15M) 24M evaluation of ETH puts ETH at 153. But due to ETH being around 198 right now, that would give BAT an over 30M ICO. An extra 6 million dollars. Not only will you be losing 25% of your ETH to get in, but it will be going directly in their pockets.

It's completely clear now that people are just after the money and don't care about their project. They've gotten so greedy it's to the point where I won't invest anything at this point.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/40kcx
web.archive.org/web/20170509135518/https://basicattentiontoken.org/token/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Same here. I was going to go balls deep but fuck these greedy Jews.

Holyshit, a useful post

i dont understand how you are coming up with these figures friend.. care to explain? 6400 per 1 eth, so eth = 155? how are you coming up with the value of each bat?

Is this true of just some advanced FUD?

It's true. Stay away m8

I'm deeply suspicious of any coin that you can't get with bitcoin. It also seems like they withhold valuable information at every turn. I trust the designers but fuck me they are doing it all wrong.

They are selling 24 million tokens.

No they aren't. They're selling 1 billion of them for 156,250 eth, and that comes out to exactly 6400 tokens per eth.

After the constant increases. Its getting more and more like a scam.

yeah give us your ETH in exchange get this awesome new technology that knows when people care about it WOW. lol if it moons tho I shall regret not buying heh

Completely true.

archive.is/40kcx

>The Company’s sale of BAT will (a) begin at the time that mining commences on Ethereum block 3,798,640 and (b) continue until the time that (i) 156,250 Ether has been received by Compan
>3.BAT Price
>1 Ether will purchase 6,400 BAT, making the sale price of BAT 0.00015625 Ether per BAT.

164500*198(current price of ETH) would give an intial valuation of ~$32 million, far in excess of what they said they were going to ask for earlier.

Compare that to their initial plan(changed twice now)
web.archive.org/web/20170509135518/https://basicattentiontoken.org/token/
>What amount is being raised? What's the cap of tokens? Will there be a follow-on offering?
>We are targeting a raise of as much as $15 million and a cap of 1 billion tokens. We do not plan to have a follow-on offering.

Its ballooned to more than double what they said they were going to ask for, they're being greedy as fuck.

Gonna flop hard as fuck. Feel sorry for people who lose money.

Not really lol

oh my bad, that's right

BAT is going to the moon
check em

These fucker saw that ETH is going to Saturn and every hyped ICO sells out in minutes and decided to milk that supply/demand ratio for all they could. It's still going to sell out in minutes, but I expect it to tank after the first flurry of dumps on public exchanges.

Still putting .2 btc into it, down from 1 btc. I'll bet against my better judgement and see where it takes me.

No, it's going to tank lower than ICO price after the gullible autist dust settles. And check what?

Kek confirms this coin is doomed

Didnt biz talk a lot of shit about strat and how its a fucking scam? Look where the fuck its at now. Always do the opposite of what fucking biz says.

My name is bob, your sign is bob. This is a sign for me bob. And by kek and your digits it must be true.

I wasn't actively in crypto early enough to know about young stratis. If I read the white paper when it was launching, I would have dropped a few btc on it easy. Looking at BAT I feel that way, but what gets me is how absolutely unprofessional the ico has been so far. It's nowhere near the quality of other recent launches, and their number games with the offering is pretty fucking distasteful. Just compare this to mysterium (not stealth shilling I promise) and it's night and day. This shit could be a game changer if the team is competent, but I'm quickly doubting that assumption.

Who in here excited about Bancor

Okay, turns out I didnt actually buy this coin. But I bought a coin actually named BAT, it a coin...centered around a bat....i made like 11% gains. So uhh ill still sell. But anybody know where I should put my fresh ltc in? That is if my sell order gets through.

The ico has been delayed, how do i buy this coin now.

You press F5 on their site until they announce a new date.

any guesses on which exchanges you can get it post ico?

Kinda interested to put in some small amount early, but not hyped enough to go through the hassle of the ico.

a lot of BAT FUDers popping up recently...makes me think it's going to be super successful so I'm in.

ok but just to be clear the amount of ethereum hasn't changed. they're also running the risk of getting 150k eth and then having it crash and be worth a lot less. We've seen it drop $50 in hours before so $50 would be 7.5 million for them. Not a huge deal that they want to be conservative and make sure they get enough money.

their goal was 15m initially. so what if they only get 23m instead of the 24m? In case you're right and eth crashes $50 they would still have 26m

> t. nolifer who has been making anti-BAT threads on Veeky Forums and the ethereum subreddits for an entire day

You are so fucking stupid, and you make it so obvious that you are both young and new to crypto. The vast majority of investors skip over crypto because they don't understand the technology or because they "want something tangible". With this token, you literally have to say "created by Brendan Eich, the founder of Mozilla and Java" and everyone and their mothers will buy it. Also, have you even checked the website? You know that the address has been there for hours, right? Did Eich finger your sister or something, is that why you're spending all your time doing this, even though the sale won't even last 10 minutes?