Celts vs Germanics

which do you think is superior/more interesting Veeky Forums?

strawpoll.me/12119495

ok lindy

Celts.

Is there even a difference?
Im serious, the religion seems to be the same heterogenous localised polytheism no more united then what you found at the time siberia, the celts did a bit more bronzework and thats literally it.

>superior
Obviously Germanics, considering they all but wiped out the Celtic culture in what areas they were still holding out in, aside from the obvious exceptions in Britain of course. The word Welsh is literally the Germanic conquerors word for an inferior slave race.

>more interesting
Also the Germanics. The Celts only notable feature is getting erased by other stronger peoples.

Definitely Germanics.

What have Celts done?

Germanics definitely have a much richer recorded history

>an ethnic group on decline since the crossing of the Rubicon, where Gaelic isn't even the first language of Ireland
>compared to the folks who's language you speak right now who have gone nowhere but up since the collapse of the Roman Empire

Back in the BC years celts were 1000x more advanced and civilized than germanics, the gauls mainly. Sadly they got assimilated by romans early on.

So we had the gaelics left which have a rich but kinda lost mythology but are completely shite in everything else

>heterogenous localised polytheism no more united then what you found at the time siberia
they were as polytheistic as any other Indo-European ethnicity.
I'm comparing them because they're the Big Two when it comes to European "barbarians"

Not that guy, but the different Celtic peoples had highways crisscrossing Europe before the Romans conquered the areas. Don't know of paved one though.

Whose tongue are we speaking right now?

Anglo

French with a bit of Germanic influence.

True.

wot.

This is a troll post yes?

It was not part of their blood,
It came to them very late,
With long arrears to make good,
When the Saxon began to hate.

They were not easily moved,
They were icy — willing to wait
Till every count should be proved,
Ere the Saxon began to hate.

Their voices were even and low.
Their eyes were level and straight.
There was neither sign nor show

It was not preached to the crowd.
It was not taught by the state.
No man spoke it aloud

It was not suddently bred.
It will not swiftly abate.
Through the chilled years ahead,
When Time shall count from the date
That the Saxon began to hate.

"My son," said the Norman Baron, "I am dying, and you will be heir
To all the broad acres in England that William gave me for share
When he conquered the Saxon at Hastings, and a nice little handful it is.
But before you go over to rule it I want you to understand this:–

"The Saxon is not like us Normans. His manners are not so polite.
But he never means anything serious till he talks about justice and right.
When he stands like an ox in the furrow – with his sullen set eyes on your own,
And grumbles, 'This isn't fair dealing,' my son, leave the Saxon alone.

"You can horsewhip your Gascony archers, or torture your Picardy spears;
But don't try that game on the Saxon; you'll have the whole brood round your ears.
From the richest old Thane in the county to the poorest chained serf in the field,
They'll be at you and on you like hornets, and, if you are wise, you will yield.

"But first you must master their language, their dialect, proverbs and songs.
Don't trust any clerk to interpret when they come with the tale of their wrongs.
Let them know that you know what they're saying; let them feel that you know what to say.
Yes, even when you want to go hunting, hear 'em out if it takes you all day.

They'll drink every hour of the daylight and poach every hour of the dark.
It's the sport not the rabbits they're after (we've plenty of game in the park).
Don't hang them or cut off their fingers. That's wasteful as well as unkind,
For a hard-bitten, South-country poacher makes the best man- at-arms you can find.

"Appear with your wife and the children at their weddings and funerals and feasts.
Be polite but not friendly to Bishops; be good to all poor parish priests.
Say 'we,' 'us' and 'ours' when you're talking, instead of 'you fellows' and 'I.'
Don't ride over seeds; keep your temper; and never you tell 'em a lie!"

>Germanic
This means Scandinavian. There is no alternative, no other ethnic group (unless you mean linguistic in which case its a matter of language)
The Celts have absorbed the Scandinavian (Nordics). There are no more Scandinavians in France, Iberia, England, or in Italy and North Africa (Mediterranean)
All these people citing Germanic achievements, those are all Celtic achievements, done by ethnic "Celts" this is to say Non-Nordics.
Modern Germany is indistinguishable ethnically from France, we can only assume the Scandinavians were bred out during the migration period.
Germanic history is solely Scandinavian history.
R1b is Celtic DNA, this is where European superiority lies. I1 is Germanic or Scandinavian, this is where you will find the least achievements among the European races.
Nordics are the most beautiful and have a very rich history and tradition, but by no means do they overcome Celtic (ethnically R1b) achievements.
Anglos are indistinguishable from other R1bs.
There were few I1s in Germania.
Even the "proto Danes" (linguistically) were Celts (maybe).
Tuetobod is a Celtic name. It's a small thread but its worth mentioning.

Do Anglos identify with Germanics despite being majority Breton/Celtic genetically?

Are you drunk?

He's not Nordic, he's Anglo.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

oh Lord, it's another genetics = ethnicity poster

you fucking goof, you know they had a concept of ethnicity before they could determine genetics right? there is a common language origin, religion, even fucking house that is specific to Germanics, and the same to Celts

nobody gives a fuck about your y dna, you LIVE OUT an ethnicity.

Culturally and linguistically, they're Germanic.
Genetically, they're Celtic.

>Culturally and linguistically,
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

FUCKING KEK

GET DOWN TO THE BOTTOM OF MY NORMAN SOCIETY YOU DIRTY ANIMALS

"no"

England was meme invented by your Kings, you're CONTINENTAL MONARCHS.

THERE NEVER WAS AN ENGLAND, ENGLAND IS THE CREATION OF CAROLINGIAN DANISH MERCENARIES.

celts:
>invented civilization by founding the greek states and inventing democracy
>conquered the known world
>went on to further advance civilization and had one of the largest empires in history (roman empire)
>modern civilization and all modern inventions can be atributed to them

germanscum
>destroyed civilization
>would be 600,000 years technologically advanced if it werent for them

hmm.. pretty obvious choice there

made me laugh/10

Nay.

Like the donkey that you are.

The Irish BTFO of Vikings, they literally built a fleet of ships and ransacked them.

The Danes that conquered Britain, were the professional mercenaries of the Caroligians, trained in the arts of plains warfare, compared to the Sea Niggers who fought in bogs and raided estuaries.

Then who're the Normans? Frankish mercenaries who were trained in the arts of plains warfare who were given Britain as they;re vassal.

> given Britain as they;re vassal.
given Britain as their vassal.

are you avin a giggle led? none of it woulda gone down like at had cheeky willy not trolled godwinson with his pretend cavalry retreats innit

Feigned retreats from the Bretons (Britons)

from (u)r mum

do you even know who he posted?

>genetically
>Celtic
that's not how ethnicity or genes work

>he thinks that vocabulary is what determines a language

t. Wannabe Nordic LARPer
Listen you retarded fuckwad.
We can trace Germanic culture back to exclusively I1 DNA and Celtic culture to exclusively R1b. If you want a serious empirical determiner you're going to have find out who's R1b and who's I1.
Scandinavians are I1s. Germans, The French, Italians, the Spanish, the English, the Gaels, and some North Africans are all Majoirty R1b.
We also see the greatest portion of human achievement concentrated in areas with high concentrations of R1b.
Fuck off with your delusions of ethnicity and culture.
Look at the DNA, look where we find culture.

Celts
>A forest with trees covered in human entrails

Germanics
>The Wicker Man

I don't know. I can't pick.

Yeah, and of course the Roman Empire had nothing at all to do with that conquering. It wuz germanics through and through all on their own initiative for their own gain and utilizing only their own native resources, tactics and knowledge.

Northern germany and the netherlands have a big germanic admixture as saxons, frisians and the guys that spilled out of scandinavia during the migratory period you yourself mentioned were definitly not celts.

>wickerman

also celtic.
Germanics had a thing for throwing people in bogs or to strangle them.

Celts obviously

Just look at this conclusive proof

You got those mixed up

cernunnos is not well-attested

Yes, a long time back when Celtic and Germanic were in their Proto stages, they had a y DNA that typically heralded their culture.
As time went on, this became much more convoluted, and some folks would become ethnically assimilated into one while not having the "accompanying genes"
So when a Scot, Englishman, or Flemish man ends up with r1b, they're not Celtic because they're still Germanic in ethnicity

But their roots are fundamentally Celtic.
That's the significant part.

>roots
that is to say that what they have now would come from that, much like leaves from a stem from the roots
but the Celtic "roots" are gone
What they practice now, metaphorically their leaves and stem, are Germanic, and those Germanic leaves and stem had to come from Germanic roots

Put simply, the tongue, the lodging, the religion, all came from proto-germanic culture, nothing from proto-Celtic culture carried on. anything tangible from them is now dead, and only apparent elsewhere.

also, England and Germany and elsewhere may not have come from the Germanic Urheimat, but still have their genes. The migrations were real, they just mixed with the local population.

>horns means someone is a cuck

can someone explain this please

Seeing how the entire Southern American continent are Celtic rape babies, I think the Celts won.

>i thinks Iberia was still Celtic by the Spanish conquest of the Americas
ahahahahaAHAHAHAA

and the only successful parts of the Americas are Germanic.

I think you mean Visigoth mixed with Berber and Arab.

>tfw I Jewed you
>tfw I am now justified in my belief of Germanic supremacy
1488!

Fucking what

>Spain is allowed to be anything BUT what they actually are, Latin Romance

Why did you reticent redirect him to /pol/, /pol/ if anything is full of pseudoethnic memes and falsehoods about actual Germanic history. Kill yourself.

Maybe in Alsace.

implying german back when celts where alive is the same german people speak today. Implying gaelic is anything like the celtic language

mail

That was just a couple comparisons of Celts throughout time to Germanics throughout time