Jewish slave trade

Tell me about Jewish involvement in the slave trade Veeky Forums. Was it really as profound as the sources make it seem?

Other urls found in this thread:

artsrn.ualberta.ca/amcdouga/Hist349/resources/jewish slave owning.pdf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantic_slave_trade
youtube.com/watch?v=Uu0vQrZbhQo
youtube.com/watch?v=1KlwzC0VMAY
youtube.com/watch?v=vAb4DLVZOW8
youtube.com/watch?v=QEEbH7ANBOE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What sources?

boards.Veeky Forums.org/pol/

If "the sources" are some image macro you saw on /pol/ then no.

But yes, it's true that "only" 99.5% of Atlantic slave traders were Christians. There were some Dutch Jews who were involved.

The ottoman slave trade. Not the Atlantic.

artsrn.ualberta.ca/amcdouga/Hist349/resources/jewish slave owning.pdf

>Christians
IT WAS ALL CHRISTIANS

NO JEWS OR MUSLIMS WERE EVEN INVOLVED

MY BLACK LESBIAN JEWISH PROFESSOR TOLD ME SO

Did you miss the word atlantic?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantic_slave_trade

There was Arab slavery of course but the Atlantic slave trade were mainly European Christians

Not really. They bought slaves from Muslims and animist.

Do you have an actual point, polfag?

It's about slave-owning due to assimilation into Ottoman culture, though. Not slave-trading.

Read deeper. It talks about Jewish trading of slaves in Istanbul and other places.

Jewish slave trade was huge in the Black Sea region when Khazaria was around, specially of white Slavic women. In the Americas they mostly just sponsored/lent the money for it.

>they didn't enslave anyone!
>they just bought and sold slaves from the people who did the actual enslaving
>this makes them not slave traders somehow :^)

People here aren't going to want to read this, but to pretend the Jews had no role in the slave trade (both within Europe and the Atlantic trade) is both disingenuous and wrong.

In Europe, for example, Jews sometimes like to brag that they have been in Germany longer than the Germans. And this is true, to the extent they used to set up slave depots all along the Rhine. Since it's mentioned in a thread already today, I'll go back tot eh first 1 or 2 episodes of the TV show "Rome." The slaver (who has a seemingly Irish accent) is wearing a hat that indicates he was a Jew.

Also numerous other example of this within Europe, where Jews for hundreds of years, where the Jews would be granted a monopoly on slaving and were especially active in selling White, female captives to the Turks (you can find paintings depicting this process.)

Which brings us to the Jewish role in the transatlantic slave trade. Having just been expelled from Spain for aiding the Moor in the war of Reconqusita, many Jews went to the Netherlands where they were well-positioned to grab a sizable chunk of the commerce in black flesh for themselves. A brave (in the true sense of that world) scholar named Dr. Tony Martin from Wellesley was threatened, harassed, they tried to have his tenure taken way, all for simply mentioning facts about the Jewish role in the this business.

The irony is that groups like the SPLC who claim to abhor racial stereotypes were the first ones to dink that low and suggest that he was a rapist, that he seduced his students, going so far as to send out letters to every student and Alumnae (W. is a female-only school_. It's very worthwhile to listen to the late Dr. Martin defend himself from these charges in this lecture:

youtube.com/watch?v=Uu0vQrZbhQo

Dr. Tony Martin on Jews, the Hamitic myth, and how it contributed to the normalization of black slavery (this dude had balls of steel):

youtube.com/watch?v=1KlwzC0VMAY

>citing a fucking fictional TV show as a source
stopped reading there

>75% of all Jewish households in the US had slaves before the Civil War

>The 2 largest slave shipments ever recorded s arriving in the New World were owned by Jews

>The NAACP was founded and funded by Jews

IF you want to ignore that detail (you're not very bright anyway-- no one cares what you want to do) copious other evidence is there.

To cite one of the most historically accurate TV shows really ever made and to point out that they went out of their way to identify the slave trader as a Jew is absolutely meaningless. We all know Jews have so little power in the media, I'm sure the slave dealer being a Jew was just pure coincidence.

You're only making fun of yourself.

>Not slave-trading.
you must be same person who thinks HBO would have picked up a show depicting a Jew as a slave trader without screeching (or would simply have cancelled it) unless it were unassailably true.

This is a subject where, even to this day, one has to do actual research rather than rely on anything on the internet, simply because the ADL/SPLC will put pressure on anyone who hosts information on the reality of Jewish slave trading.
This subject is not even a debate. Jews dominate the slave true in Rome, to a lesser extent in the Ottoman, and Jews like Aaron Lopez were THE major players in the baltic commerce in black flesh. These are not random assertions. Anyone here who has ever been to the US National Archives just outside DC (I doubt many here), all of this information can be traced via censuses.

The Jewish slave trading monopoly in Rome? Every major work from classical times rouches in this is one way or another. Since HBO's "Rome" sticks so closely the sources, it's perfectly rational to use the show as an example for how even in popular culture, the Jewish role in slavery is on occasion exposed.

Or, perhaps it was the antisemitics who run Hollywood and decided to slander the good Jews?

>source: a historical tv show and 19th century orientalist paintings

also
>i only believe a single dissenting scholar because i believe in the trope of the "heroic scholar who tells truth to power despite damaging his reputation"
smells like /pol/

>denying history with no basis in fact
Smells like autism

How naive do you have to be to find the the existence of Jewish slave traders at all to be "profound?

Can't wait for future generations to find American MLP enthusiast's impact in the US election to be as "profound as sources make it seem".

>To a lesser extent in the Ottoman
Sauce?

Slavery seems to be a human universal which all tribes and religions engaged in even though they stated the opposite.

It's just a foolish endeavour to pinpoint one people as the prime cause of all of that. The reason why Europeans are held most accountable for it was because Europeans, like in many other activities, were the most prolific.

They weren't the most prolific though. Chances are you'd be enslaved by some Arab or black before being enslaved by a European.

>ywn live in a Dhimmi community with your two qt Hungarian sex slaves, doing nothing other than selling spice, drinking tea and smoking hookah
why live

Europeans enslaved other europeans, blacks, asians and native americans. They were the most prolific.

Not even remotely close. India and the Arab world alone probably outfuck all of European history when it comes to slavery.

How could you be so ignorant as to unironically say that on a history board?

It's completely true unless we're counting serfdom as a form of slavery.

I cited you wrong. I meant for

>. They were the most prolific.
It is accepted that between 100-100 million African blacks died in the black slave trade to Arabia. It's not even a question this is the figure agreed upon by all.

>source: my arse

>100-100 million
100-110 million. With some 85%-90% dying during the journey, Male negroes, upon arrival in Arabia, would be fully castrated (penis and testicles) to be used as harem guards.

I'm not the poster, but I can give you the source- Professor Tony Martin, dispatches from the Wellesley Battle Line:
youtube.com/watch?v=vAb4DLVZOW8

*"DESPATHCHES From the Wellesley Battle Line "

Dr. Martin was born in Colonial UK Caribbean and so spells that word differently. He was invited to review 2 books for the Washington Post, and the Jews-- usually such great advocates for blacks (so long as they behave as they want) immediately resort to the word "nigger" and evert unpleasant stereotype about negroes as soon as a black dares to criticize Jews.

Source for Jews as slave traders in Ottoman? Most recent one that comes to mind is "Empires of the Sea-- Siege of Malta, Battle of Lepanto, and the Struggle for the Center of the World."

Upon the fall of Constantinople, the Sultan did 2 things immediately: he requested a Greek translate a map of the known world from Greek into Arabic, and he sent for a large contingent of Jews to help with the sale and processing of slaves.

That's far from the only one, there are literally thousands of references to Jews and their work with the Moors in slaving and just not every act within Moorish-ocupied Spain. Go tot he National Gallery of Spain to see the Reconqista depicting the Moors and the Jew on the same side. The Jews often opened gates for Moors and greeted them as liberators and often shows them any secret entrance a city might have to help them gain access.
While the Moors in Charge, Jews were quite happy to act as tax collectors for their Morrish overlords and serve them in any capacity, making sure all Christians paid the hated and oppressive Jizya tax.

While the final surrender of the last Moor in Spain was a time for great Christian celebration, Protestant or Catholic, the Jews were of course not very happy with this turn of events, . The choice they were presented with: covert, love, or die, was surely far more generous terms than Jews typically offered their vanquished enemies in the past.
A number of Jews left for the Netherlands, where they would take for themselves sizable chunk of the commerce in negro flesh. Many others stayed & "converted," only to be found later to be practicing Jewry in secret & thus the birth of the "Crypto-Jew"movement and the need for the Inquisition to clean them out.

Oh I see, they weren't slave traders, they were just trading slaves. Thanks for clearing that up.

>>citing a fucking fictional TV show as a source
>stopped reading there
a. You're not that bright. When someone reads...shakepeare today and some sort of detail is given as to hat's happening in the world (example "Othello" after the Siege of Malta) it's accepted as exposition and valid.

but ok, how about a documentary from Israeli TV?
youtube.com/watch?v=QEEbH7ANBOE