Is there any reason to not work as hard as you possibly can in life?

Is there any reason to not work as hard as you possibly can in life?

Because you are going to die within 100 years and have done nothing but worked even though we are the most advanced species on the planet, and could avoid that.

Work hard to atttain a specific goal like getting a minimum amount of capital to buy something you want or to invest. But working smart is much more rewarding. Just working hard can be counterproductive when it starts to interfere with your happiness, health, stress levels, etc...

Yes youll be happier and more effecient if you take the time to enjoy some leisure activities then if you worked as hard as you can all the time.

Because hard work doesn't necessarily lead to anything.

work smart not hard meme is legit

billions of people have 'worked hard' yet have lived miserable, mediocre lives

take risks and play the jews. its the only way to ascend

I didn't mean work hard by working in a mine shaft or something. I just mean is there a single reason not to optimize your 16 hours a day that aren't sleep?

It feels like everyone wastes time, me included that could be so much better spent. Or they just say it's good enough. There seems do be some many people who get to 40 y/o and they havent accomplished shit. They said theyd work out as a new years resolution for the last 15 years. They said they'd start investing their money each month. They said theyd try that business idea they had. And they never did. they're halfway to death and they have fuckall to show for it. That scares me.

Is there any reason to spend your limited amount of time any other way than however the fuc you want ?

Sometimes the things you ultimately want don't line up with what you want to do.

"The needs of the business always come before the needs of the entrepreneur".

Yes because we have certain limitations and certain needs that need to be met. Food, shelter, social and familial needs etc etc. Once you have taken care of the necessities, then yes, do as you pleasel with your time.

This ignores the reality of delayed gratification ultimately giving you the most happiness though.

"Do whatever you want to be happy" would be like playing videogames and using heroin. Which would make you happy sooner compared to lifting weights and working on a business.

If you set specific goals and work on them regularly you will usually reap benefits.
Sometimes just doing whatever you want has benefits too.
If you look at really successful people though, most of them applied themselves in a goal-directed manner most of the time.
Mot people aren't more successful because they don't want to delay gratification and they don't want to do the hard thinking it takes to plan

>21 years old
>going to the gym regularly for 2 years
>work 72 hours a week
>solid crypto portfolio considering I started it a month ago
>portfolio up 300%

I will realistically be a millionaire when i'm 40 y/o

that's what I mean tho. The "just do what makes you happy bro" meme is what gets people to 40 working at target.

I wish I was like you. Same age.

You just described exactly they way I feel and also act. Due to me being a lazy idiot in my teens I never developed the potential I had. Now I'm in my early 20s in my first year of the third degree I have started with and likely won't make, from a worthless university.

The problem is that I just have no clue what I want to do with my life. I have pretty much no working experience nor any specific thing I excel in on a level much higher than the average person.

I only have about €100 left after paying off all expenses, but I have zero direction. I'm interested in investing in cryptocurrency, but still lack the proper knowledge of its workings.

I feel as though society is just trying to fuck us all over. Going to college and getting a degree is living life on safe-mode, and the masses have been brainwashed into believing this to be true. I know this all sounds like I'm some sort of edgy, fuck school teenager, but when I look at my brother who has a masters in economics from a prestigious university, yet is working a dead-end job for about €2k a month on a one year contract, I feel like it's all a massive scam.

Settings goals and achieving them is the most important thing. You can work hard and achieve nothing while doing it. If you have a goal in mind, then there is no reason to not work as hard as you can. Life is work. Just pick a good cause. I see it as a computer game. We got to build something cool.

Work hard and work smart = profit

where do you live?

>fell for Veeky Forums meme.
cardio is where its at fukboi

I live in the Netherlands. I can't complain too much, but I just feel there are so many things to invest and/or put time into, and pursuing a mediocre degree is essentially worthless in the long run. The problem for me personally is that I really don't know what I else I could do.

They're not mutually exclusive.