Holy Land

Who does the Holy Land REALLY belong to?

I'm going to throw my hat into the ring and say Christians.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supersessionism
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Druze

>holy land
Its a fucking desert.

>I'm going to throw my hat into the ring and say Christians.
Explain

greeks

> land
> belong

It 'belongs' to whomever has the strength to hold it at the present time.

>Holy Land

What's particularly holy about it?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supersessionism

All have claim....

The Hmong people.

The Federated Indians of Graton Rancheria.

The Emerson University Men's Lacrosse team.

Watch your mouth it's a holy desert.

Sea jews

Argentina

To the strongest.

Might is right.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supersessionism

Awww yeah, supersessionism for the win

Reminder that any honest reading of Christian thought on the New Covenant HAS to tend towards supersessionism. The New Covenant has replaced the Old.

So today, Christians ?

Nor by the earth; for it is his footstool: neither by Jerusalem; for it is the city of the great King. (Matthew 5:35)

In the ancient days, we will return with no delay
Picking up the bounty and the spoils on our way
We've been traveling from state to state
And them don't understand what they say
Three thousand years with no place to be
They want me to give up my milk and honey
Don't you see, it's not about the land or the sea
Not the country but the dwelling of his majesty
Jerusalem, if I forget you
Fire not gonna come from me tongue
Jerusalem, if I forget you
Let my right hand forget what it's supposed to do

It should be split between the two true brother religions, Islam and Judaism. Heretical idolatrous hellenist cults can come look, but not touch or pray.

>oh look it already is that way
HaShem wills it.

The Bishop of Rome

If the US really wanted to, it could take all of Israel, and Israel only exists the way it does because the US protects it.

So I'm going to say that Jerusalem belongs to America.

Who made it, and to whom was it given, and to whom was it promised forever? As you should be able to deduce, this is a special land unlike all others.

A stumbling block to world peace, you might say.

>Who does the Holy Land REALLY belong to?
God.
Mortals should really just leave it alone.

Christians made it their holy land by creating the church of... (i forget the name) the place where the piece of the true cross was unearth and created in the most holy of relics.

So yeah that's definitely a claim to the holy land... however long before this was done, and if i'm not mistaken this happened over a span of 300 years roughly, from around 200-500ce.

Islam made ot their holy land truely by just guessing and implying deliberately after conquering Jerusalem that it was where mohammad ascended thus the creation of the dome of rock followed by the Mosque of (i forget).

So yes Christians definitely beat the muslims to land claim. There's also a mentioning of charlem the frankish hremp claimed the land in christian name after his conquest, I think this is spectulated though if he actually conquered it, my history is brief on his conquest.

However what I do know for sure is that Jews had claim to this land long before both religions. As told in the old book it is promise land.

Uhhhh fuckin... even still though Jews tried to claim that land many times and still try to claim isreal to this day but shit... look where that's taking us.

Pretty much into another world war.

I'm just waiting for trump to become pope and declare a mondern day crusade.

All joking aside though, Jews had first claim, Christians have the most powerful dibs, Islam Kinda half asses claimed Jerusalem for their own.

However

But America belongs to Israel. Something of a paradox there.

The US taxpayer?

Who's the one with the military, again?

Most of it is simply Mediterranean the same way Greece or Italy is.

>holy trips

Atheists confirmed for anally ravaged.

holy land belongs to gods chosen people

By that logic, shouldn't it belong to the Muslims then?

AIPAC is one of the largest American lobbying organizations.

Do Muslims have the Messiah? I didn't think so.

Jesus of Nazareth is just a prophet to the Muslims.

Well, he's God Incarnate to Christians, and is the Messiah the Jewish religion predicted. Ergo, he's the only one able to start covenants.

Muslims can GTFO.

They do, actually. al Mahdi. And they call Jesus "messiah" for the Jews, they just don't pack any meaning into the word "messiah" other than "leader". In their broken and corrupt eschatology, Jesus and al Mahdi come together to fight off satan at the end of the age.

>If the US really wanted to, it could take all of Israel
Ridiculous. That's only true from a military might standpoint. Back in reality, taking Israel would seriously hurt the us long term.
> and Israel only exists the way it does because the US protects it.
While the US contributes a huge amount to Israel's military budget, Israel could conceivably exist without us aid, it would just need to find greener pastures.
>So I'm going to say that Jerusalem belongs to America.
Lol no. Israel barely even owns Jerusalem. Even if anything you said was true, the conclusion doesn't follow the premises.

The people who live there.
[/thread]